It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the heck did so many people vote for Bush?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This is an honest question, because I truly do not understand it.
After the crap with the florida votes being stolen back in 2004, most were at least reliefed that Bush would never ever get a vote again.
Yet what strikes me today, Bush gets more votes than Kerry in most parts of the US.
And what do people base their opinion on?

"Bush is a fighter"

or

"Osama told us not to vote for Bush so I did"

Hmmm this puzzles me, in relation to the outcome I have a few quite harsh questions to ask.

1. Are *some* americans too dumb to base their opinion on the content of speeches, basing their vote just on the superfacial oneliners?

2. Why, even if your main concern is terrorism and safety, is Bush a better president than Kerry? I am sure that anyone who is not totally retarded could have handled terrorism like Bush did. What is so special here??

3. Do you americans find terrorism and safety more important than your own economy and your own social issues?
Kerry had a plan, but Bush seemed to have trouble answering any of Kerrys questions with a sentence that did not have "education" in it.

4. Doesn't the way Bush milked the 9/11 incident over and over and over and over in his speeches get old after a while???

5. Are you aware of the fact that the rest of the world understands nothing of what happened in the USA today?

6. Are you aware of the fact that the alliance that was allready wrecked because of Bush actions, is now in a "total loss" stage because of your votes?

This is not ment as an attack, but I am truly curious.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Jakko]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
They are called Evangelical Christians!!

I am disappointed in the young voters, you would think they would see that their lazy butts will be on the line!

Oh well, nothing like Boot Camp to change that!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Want some cheese with that?

[edit on 3-11-2004 by rancid1]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The deciding issue was not Terrorism, 9/11, the economy, or Iraq.

the deciding issue in this election, to my utter amazement, was gay marriage.

It seems gay amrriage ranks above security, having a job, ect.....

Which I find disturbing myself.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Im 24...a young voter...and voted for Bush...ive followed politics since I was 12...live in a heavy democrat state (ny)...and still chose Bush...Bush didnt steal the election in 2000...its been proven time and time again...hell...the democrats did 3 re-counts of their own...all coming to the same conclusion....BUSH WON...and Bush didnt do anything for Education?...Who started the voucher system for students in troubled schools???....and Bush could use the 9/11 speeches all he wants...he united us then...9/11 shouldnt have even happen...Osama hit us in 93...Clinton didnt do a thing...if he did...9/11 wouldnt have happened...case closed...deal with the next four years...I want a president who actually stands for things and doesnt sway daily with the flavor of the moment...Bush is not a perfect man by far...but I never expect to have a perfect president...theyll always be human...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
This is an honest question, because I truly do not understand it.
After the crap with the florida votes being stolen back in 2004, most were at least reliefed that Bush would never ever get a vote again.
Yet what strikes me today, Bush gets more votes than Kerry in most parts of the US.
And what do people base their opinion on?

"Bush is a fighter"

or

"Osama told us not to vote for Bush so I did"

Hmmm this puzzles me, in relation to the outcome I have a few quite harsh questions to ask.

1. Are most americans too dumb to base their opinion on the content of speeches, basing their vote just on the superfacial oneliners?

How come the smart ppl get ass kicked and depend on govt. welfare? Smart ppl shd start there own business and maybe make their country richer? Hmm how come smart french, candians are at the bottom of western civilization?

2. Yes. Do you still think Bush is retaded after winning the most no. of vote in American history? Better be retard like him then like you..lol

3. I think you miss the point. Its not smart mouth competition. Kerry betrayed his country, and would have never been accpeted winner by 40 % of country.

4. Yes it does but so is Gore won election in 2000...stuff. Ppl don't mind, Bush faught two war, while Clinton got BJ

5. Who cares? OMG are they gonna hate us?Opps they alraedy do. Well I need to piss on the world. hmm I will let Bush do it.

6.The alliance was never there. There were some crocdile tears after 911 because they didn't have any option. If any country were against US after 911, then Bush could have nuked that country and would have 90% approval rating in US. So France took an u-turn when Bush was weakest with his argument, that was the only way they could have gone against US. How could France be against US after 911 ? So they just waited a year..

Countries don't care abt right or wrong, they care abt there permanent interest, so France....

I hope this helps everyone.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by xalex]

[edit on 4-11-2004 by xalex]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Simply put, those overseas will never understand Americans. We just don't think like you guys do.

It's like... you start with a farmer, add some cowboy, put in a fair amount of union worker, flavor with kook televangelists and radical left wing college professors, and mix until you can't identify the ingredients.

Simply put, we aren't anything in particular that you can put a finger on. We are truely the mutts of the world. And mutss always seem to be stronger, healthier, and more likeable than purebreeds, but are never as pretty.

Also, in the media, most of the story you get is from the city. Us in the country just don't get that riled up about politics. We just vote our concious and let god sort it out...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I�ll try to explain why Bush is so popular with us Americans:

We HATE (and I mean HATE) Machiavellian politics. Kerry was a student of this political school. The French are the grand wizard masters of this game. Machiavellian politics means defeatism, cynicism, and blatant opportunism to most Americans, which are things we do not want in our politics. It�s also against our faith, which teaches we should at least try to do what�s best whenever we can, even if it hurts us in the short run.

We understand that Iraq is the correct thing to do. It�s going to be hard and bloody and maybe (ok.. definitely) Bush�s team made some miscalculations over there. But his heart is in the right place and no war has ever been mistake-free. On a side note, be prepared for a BRUTAL campaign against these last rebellious holdouts, cause it�s a coming. Our military has played nice so far but that�s about to change.

Because a campaign based on hate has no chance of winning here in America. Face it, people were voting for Kerry because they hated Bush, not because they loved Kerry. Bush never asked us to hate Kerry, just question his fitness for the office based on his record.

Kerry�s betrayal of his comrades in arms for political gains. This man, whatever his record in Vietnam, betrayed many of his fellow soldiers when he returned to the States. By spreading pure propaganda and lies he did something that stained his reputation and, if I might be so bold, his soul forever.

These are just some of the reasons I can think of at the moment�maybe those more literate than I can express this even clearer.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I cannot believe that the American people have gone out of there way to alienate themselves further from the rest of the world. If the popular vote for Kerry was to come from the educated, then what does this say about the American populous??? Who and how many are the "EDUCATED"???

The Americans and there corrupt administration has to understand this universal question:

"Why does the rest of world not support the actions of the USA regarding the Iraq invasion and the so called fight against terrorism ideology?"

Can it be said that the American people actually think that religion and BUSH ORDER will convince approx 9.8 billion audience that peace is the result of war?

Hitler was stopped for mass genocide. It was obvious that if he wasn't stopped that like a virus, Hitler would eventually consume the world.

Bush (not America) has a over ride button that depending on circumstance, can dictate to the UN the new policy of world order aka BUSH ORDER.

The Americans have taken a chance with their own fate as a credible nation by re-electing the well know tyrant BUSH.

When a sports team loses every game and still makes the playoffs and then takes home the trophy, there is no logic in the sport. Predictions are no longer supported by FACT but by a driving force called "FEAR".

My opinion only, Bush voters really haven't got a clue to what is happening to their country let alone the impact they have on the rest of the world.

Kerry voters see the reality of decision making and base their vote on FACT that can only improve dysfunction.

With the re-election of the BUSH ORDER, I believe that American intelligence in politics have lessened as a result to ignoring "IN YOUR FACE" facts.

Good luck America, you will need it!!!

[edit on 3-11-2004 by CaNuK]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
I�ll try to explain why Bush is so popular with us Americans:

We HATE (and I mean HATE) Machiavellian politics. Kerry was a student of this political school. The French are the grand wizard masters of this game. Machiavellian politics means defeatism, cynicism, and blatant opportunism to most Americans, which are things we do not want in our politics. It�s also against our faith, which teaches we should at least try to do what�s best whenever we can, even if it hurts us in the short run.

We understand that Iraq is the correct thing to do. It�s going to be hard and bloody and maybe (ok.. definitely) Bush�s team made some miscalculations over there. But his heart is in the right place and no war has ever been mistake-free. On a side note, be prepared for a BRUTAL campaign against these last rebellious holdouts, cause it�s a coming. Our military has played nice so far but that�s about to change.

Because a campaign based on hate has no chance of winning here in America. Face it, people were voting for Kerry because they hated Bush, not because they loved Kerry. Bush never asked us to hate Kerry, just question his fitness for the office based on his record.

Kerry�s betrayal of his comrades in arms for political gains. This man, whatever his record in Vietnam, betrayed many of his fellow soldiers when he returned to the States. By spreading pure propaganda and lies he did something that stained his reputation and, if I might be so bold, his soul forever.

These are just some of the reasons I can think of at the moment�maybe those more literate than I can express this even clearer.

We hate Machaivellian politics? Our whole system is Machaivellianism!

Our faith? No, we do not all have faith, or the same faith.

We did not vote for Bush because of Iraq, as Kerry beat him there. Kerry beat him in just about every other issue.

The only issue that stunned me that won was gay marriage. What a joke.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I think alot of people voted for Bush because they truly believe he will make us safer. I don't see how any of them think that. Personally I feel more afraid of being attacked here with Bush in office.

It's pretty sad that those who were directly affected by 9/11 (NYC) gave their electoral votes to Kerry. It makes you wonder when NY doesn't think that Bush can keep them safe.

I also think that alot of Bush supporters are Christians. They see him go to church and automatically believe that he is led by God. As a christian, I disagree. Oh well. I hope he does a good job and can redeem himself in the next 4 years.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Jakko, your list of misleading and falso assumptions and assertions lead me to believe that you will never get it, no matter how much anyone tries to explain it to you.

Look, go to democraticunderground.com and cry with those guys. They aren't getting it right now, either.

But, I'll try and explain it to you before you go.

We still don't buy into the liberal counterculture crap.

We still don't believe that trying to tax your way into prosperity will ever work. Everytime we vote for a Democrat, he rtries it and screws up the economy.

We don't believe France has our best interest at heart, and we STILL don't want a prez who thinks our safety needs to pass a global test, especially if France is grading the test.

2000 election, as we all know and you don't, was an attempted stolen election, not on the part of the Republicans but the Democrats. If your fraudulant assertions were true, the mainstream media would never have stopped howling about it. Bush won every recount and there was no "disenfranchisement", not even one example could be brought about after all the hearings. What we do know is that it wasn't going to happen again, and that is why so many of us got off our sunburned arses and voted in Florida this time.

No, Bush isn't our dram prez, but at least he isn't a national nightmare looking for a place to happen. He'll do for another 4 years because the Dems couldn't offer us a real American or good alternative. So for now, we'll bide our time and wait for 2008. Then, we're going to unleash our secret weapon on your dumb butts: Condi Rice!!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i guess what really comes down to is how angry are those people who want another 4 years of the same situation.right now the world view is looking grim.usa relations around the world is at an all time low.i have not sat down and thought how this might boil out.we can come to some ideas but im sure the reality will play out its own way.flukemol.......

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf: Shows how little you understand our government. Yes, it has it�s cynics and we do tend to protect our interests in an aggressive manner. But we do try to help others. America gives more aid than any other country. We shoulder the largest amount of the world�s humanitarian missions. We place our troops in harm�s way to protect the innocent.

Our system is NOT Machiavellian which is defined by:

� of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
� being or acting in accordance with the principles of government analyzed in Machiavelli's The Prince, in which political expediency is placed above morality and the use of craft and deceit to maintain the authority and carry out the policies of a ruler is described.
� characterized by subtle or unscrupulous cunning, deception, expediency, or dishonesty: Example: He resorted to Machiavellian tactics in order to get ahead.
� a follower of the principles analyzed or described in The Prince, esp. with reference to techniques of political manipulation.

The majority of Civil Servants in this country are hard-working honest people. Yes, there are some terrible pockets of bad apples in some of the major cities. But for the most part our officials would be shocked and very offended that you would characterize them in this manner. Our military especially does not play this game and they overwhelmingly support Bush.

Bush plays a political game but if you think he places political expediency over morality then you don�t just don�t get the man or the people who support him.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Everybody else in the place is having a shot can I?

If I was American I wouldve voted Kerry over Bush because I didnt think her deserved a pat on the back for many of his actions, even though I support the war. But Kerry wasnt any better.

We did the same a month ago. We had plenty of reasons to vote Howard out and until the last week I was leaning to do so. But the ALP came out with some stuff on security and defence that reminded me that it was the same party that made decisions in the 1980s which screwed up our defence forces that we are still living with today (that said our guys still perform miracles). I couldnt vote against him because there wasnt a viable option to Howard. Now he has a wider majority in the lower house and control of the upper house to pass most legislation. A first since the mid 70s.

In wartime or national emergency, when people feel insecure people tend to get conservative and want tough, strong resolute leadership (or buy the appearance of it at least) from a "tough" guy.....even if that guy and his advisors are responsible for most of the decisions that created the situation in the first place (not 9/11 or going after AQ and the Taliban in Afghanistan, but going into Iraq on flimsy evidence with suitable forces to dismember the Iraqi military, but insufficent to establish better than a shaky security environment)

Kerry appeared to be about as tough as icecream in Death Valley.

I didnt want Bush to Win but I cant get upset over Kerry losing. Maybe thats how Americans felt. Its how I felt about the oppositions Mark Latham getting beat by Howard here.

Heres hoping that Bush proves a lot of people wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaNuK
If the popular vote for Kerry was to come from the educated, then what does this say about the American populous??? Who and how many are the "EDUCATED"???

The Americans and there corrupt administration has to understand this universal question:

You asked 'who are the educated'?

Well, certainly not you. Your English stinks. The correct phrasing
is - 'The Americans, and THEIR corrupt administration, HAVE to
understand this universal question...'.

If you are going to attack Americans for being uneducated, you
might want to learn how to speak and write correct English first.
YOUR lack of education is showing.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Stupid people voted for Bush, Jakko. Unfortunately our country has tons of them.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Something like 54 million. I dont know how so many people voted for him. I can say for myself, I was wrong I really taught people eyes had been opened.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf: Shows how little you understand our government. Yes, it has it�s cynics and we do tend to protect our interests in an aggressive manner. But we do try to help others. America gives more aid than any other country. We shoulder the largest amount of the world�s humanitarian missions. We place our troops in harm�s way to protect the innocent.

Our system is NOT Machiavellian which is defined by:

� of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
� being or acting in accordance with the principles of government analyzed in Machiavelli's The Prince, in which political expediency is placed above morality and the use of craft and deceit to maintain the authority and carry out the policies of a ruler is described.
� characterized by subtle or unscrupulous cunning, deception, expediency, or dishonesty: Example: He resorted to Machiavellian tactics in order to get ahead.
� a follower of the principles analyzed or described in The Prince, esp. with reference to techniques of political manipulation.

The majority of Civil Servants in this country are hard-working honest people. Yes, there are some terrible pockets of bad apples in some of the major cities. But for the most part our officials would be shocked and very offended that you would characterize them in this manner. Our military especially does not play this game and they overwhelmingly support Bush.

Bush plays a political game but if you think he places political expediency over morality then you don�t just don�t get the man or the people who support him.

Jesus, did you just fall off the turnip truck or what?

Morality? Enron was pretty moral, wasn't it?

I have been in the military. its very Machiavellian too.

being or acting in accordance with the principles of government analyzed in Machiavelli's The Prince, in which political expediency is placed above morality and the use of craft and deceit to maintain the authority and carry out the policies of a ruler is described.

Sounds like Bush. Hell, sounds like the whole Neo_Conservative clan.

Oh, i get him alright. He is a lying crook with an axis of evil to advise him, a thief, who cares more about the Saudi Royal family than he does America. And I understand a certain portion of his supporters: dense extremist Christan nutcases who live in unibomber shacks with stockpiles of guns, bibles, and spam.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by craigandrew
Kerry appeared to be about as tough as icecream in Death Valley.

Oh man ... that's so true!

Why did so many people for for George Bush? It's very simple.
America is George Bush's top priority.
Socialist Euro-Centric John Kerry had himself and Europe as his top priorities.

The American president is there to watch out for AMERICA ...
not Europe, not the UN, not anyone else. AMERICA.
Bush fulfills this requirement. Kerry didn't even come close.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join