It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we not remember the distractions?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
While we all wait and watch North korea for the next chess move,..

What are we missing elsewhere?

Honestly people,.. what are our eyes and minds being distracted from!

I can think of quite a few.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I can think of quite a few.

Well why not enlighten us. Why dont you tell us your thoughts on what they could be distracting us from.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I've been keeping an eye on everything worth keeping an eye on, via ATS, for the most part.
Do you know something I don't? Spill the beans!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

Something I have been preaching all along; glad I am not alone in this.

First glaring observation I think would have to be the unknown situation of North Koreas comm satellite and what kind of payload it might be carrying.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

Not really thinking outside the box there.

I think the OP was referring to anything other than the whole NK situation.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Still a situation worth noting IMO, it's not getting much talk in other threads. However, now, rereading the OP, you're probably right that he/she was referring to a 3rd party. Regardless I think the common theme is that we should stay vigilant at home as well as abroad during times like these.

Btw, my mistake in the other thread on the Japanese PAC-3's - I edited my post.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kx12x
I've been keeping an eye on everything worth keeping an eye on, via ATS, for the most part.

So,you only keep an eye on things via ATS when there is a huge information base out there to dig through?

I remember the distractions,just using filler like they use in the beef a McDonalds.

What you are asking is,where is the beef.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Obviously it's the dire economic situation and the banking crisis which is beginning to plague the world. The Fed is printing 85 billion a month or more, decentralized finite currencies like bitcoin are exploding. We are really reaching a critical stage in this debt-based scam now and nothing less than a huge war will provide a sufficient level of distraction while they screw us all over like they did in Cyprus.
edit on 11/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

I agree, I've thought about what that might have on that satellite of theirs. I'm not sure if NK has the technical ability to send something like that into orbit and be able to control it. Then again, I may be underestimating their ability.

I didn't see that. No worries, I was pointing out what was already pointed out earlier in that thread, anyway.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
usually wars are preceded by dire economic circumstances. There is no country in the world who is not deep in debt. Where's the money? In the pockets of a relatively few men and woman.... do they want to keep it? Yes they do....

What can governments do? They can try and prioritise the local economy like in Denmark where they cut a few billion of education and the school system and then go out and spent 150 billion Danish crowns on military jets. (O_o)

When after some time this doesn't prove to work, every government in the world will come to the conclusion that we need another world war to clean up the mess they let themselves get into.

War... is the result of badly run states clashing with ideology. We in the west are masters of that kind of #.

What can we as people do?

Well... I see only one option, however it is getting harder to go through with by each day that passes by.

Gentlemen, grab your pitch forks, light those torches and burn out the evil that has become western "leadership".
There's no longer a single government in the west that is truely by, of and for the people.....

If people were smart, once this war gets started and Korea is joined by Iran (and maybe China???), set up a revolutionary force inside America and liberate your own people from these war crazed idiots that make up the US congress. Simply drive them out by force.
Then start rebuilding your country...

The same could be said for every other western country. Sit at home unemployed? Or move to the streets and make a difference?
edit on 11/4/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
hey smoking man,.. take another puff.

meanwhile,... whats going on in Syria?

Does anybody care?

Whats going on in Iran?

Arent they complicit?

Whats going on with the Euro?

Does it matter?

point is, NK is just a distraction. remember that what happens doesnt happen in front of your face.

NK doesnt have a bullet to throw at anyone. But they sure do have a nice loud voice.

Give it a couple of weeks or months, and then look back to see what was missed.

Meanwhile the US economy sure sounds sweet.

(seriously folks, I am not trying to be funney here)
edit on 11-4-2013 by smirkley because: sp

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

No, I don't recall saying that. A majority of the time, yes, because I don't have time to sort through the internet all the time. (I've actually been a member on ATS for awhile)

Edit:
In my opinion I'd say what we should be watching is the economy going to hell in a hand basket. Just as the new budget is being passed.

edit on 11-4-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kx12x

No, I don't recall saying that. A majority of the time, yes, because I don't have time to sort through the internet all the time. (I've actually been a member on ATS for awhile)

Edit:
In my opinion I'd say what we should be watching is the economy going to hell in a hand basket. Just as the new budget is being passed.

So,you are saying you don't recall what you said 30 minutes ago with this?

I've been keeping an eye on everything worth keeping an eye on, via ATS,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is a little odd.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

Two come to mind Iran and Pakistan. On the home front, US that is, Gun control and the budget, other than that well, it is all news anyway.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

So,you only keep an eye on things via ATS when there is a huge information base out there to dig through?

Do you see the difference? I said for the most part, not "only ats". I don't know how you missed that.
Lets stop splitting hairs and stay on topic, alright?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I was a little concerned when I read this Syria rebel group's dangerous tie to al Qaeda, but other than the Pakistan testing nukes, and Iran just being Iran, I hadn't seen anything else. Is it possible than more could go wrong?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Well why not enlighten us.

The For Profit, debt based global currency system that keeps us all slaves.
The Collapsing EU situation (Ala Cyprus) from their for profit debt based currency system
Increasing attempts to disarm the American Public
Attempts to censor the internet.
Ever encroaching pressure on our Rights
Useless Educational system designed to indoctrinate children to be slaves
Increasing consolidation of all wealth and power into fewer and fewer hands
Think Tank designed "Social Movements" designed to divide and conquer.

I could keep going, of course....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by thesmokingman

Well why not enlighten us.

The For Profit, debt based global currency system that keeps us all slaves.
The Collapsing EU situation (Ala Cyprus) from their for profit debt based currency system
Increasing attempts to disarm the American Public
Attempts to censor the internet.
Ever encroaching pressure on our Rights
Useless Educational system designed to indoctrinate children to be slaves
Increasing consolidation of all wealth and power into fewer and fewer hands
Think Tank designed "Social Movements" designed to divide and conquer.

I could keep going, of course....

Great post. Everyone one of those listed is a real hard fact that a lot of people really need to come to grips with.
They are all things the power elite wants to distract us from.

Why distract us? Because we are gaining ground against them quickly as the truth spreads like wildfire.
They have to do something soon, or we will dethrone them. Time is ticking and our ranks are growing while theirs are shrinking.

There aren't even claims of legit reasons for this war.
It's pretty obvious this is one of those desperate political maneuvers to "control our hearts and minds".

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There has been barely any news on the earthquake in Iran, in the UK media. Little mention on the BBC.
There is virtually no mention on Fukushima's terrible problems which will affect everyone.
Basically NOTHING is going on in N Korea that will culminate in anything.
It's a bit like the police going after a three year old with a pea shooter, while a massacre takes place right behind them. The police make lots of noise with their sirens (the media in this case) and no one can hear the screams of those being killed or any other wicked act taking place. So, I agree with you completely OP!
The 'so and so's' are up to something.........again!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Distraction?

I have to tell you...the average American citizen, right now...has almost NO idea what is even happening in North Korea....they could probably tell you more about Kim Kardashian's weight issues.

If TPTB are using this as a distraction, it isn't working so hot....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join