It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tangible Benifit For Discovering Microbes Beneath The Martian Surface.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hi folks,

Bear with me for my first thread. Myself and my mate were discussing the Curiosity project on Mars, and how its dircetive and strategice mission planning should change.

The Fukishima situation is deteriorating rapidly(confirmed by a Japanese co-worker here in Perth Australia, with family on the ground there). It is apparent that toxic radioctive material is inexorably moving into the worlds oceans and dispersed. There have been several threads already on the subject, and I havent yet learned how to link other threads on ATS to my own subject but here are a few links I have been looking at that show the devestation and escalating disaster occurring.

www.zerohedge.com...

factsanddetails.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

This ties in with the curiosity rover as following. I believe that the rover should discontinue its geology, atmospheric and geographical roles and soley focus on the search for microbial life. I have read several articles on the heightened levels of dangerous radiation on the surface of Mars and the formidable conditions there. I realise that the radiation from Fukishima and the suns radiation would be quiet different chemically but the idea is the same. (See below for rough guide of conditions on Mars)

en.wikipedia.org...

If the Curiosity rover, could identify microbial life(which many suspect exists there), is it not wholly possible that our scientists could identify what it is within these martian lifeforms, what makes them so robust and immune to radition? The reason I suggest this is that we are going to have to explore ways to synthesize some sort of defence against the poison of Fukishima that is already pervading our planet.

Is it completely beyond the realms of possibility that a martian life form could provide answers in the short to medium term for this?

I know this is a bit "what if" and dreamy, but i know the calibre and education of the members of ATS and I look forward to hearing any pros and cons on the subject, either it could be viable or complete rubbish!

Over and out,

cb
edit on 10-4-2013 by Warchief666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I completely agree.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

edit on 11-4-2013 by dainoyfb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warchief666

Is this a test to see if we are Psychic......

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
apologies, its up now

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warchief666
apologies, its up now

Thanks for letting us know. Interesting concept you are proposing.

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Curiosity wasn't made to look for microbial life, so it cannot change the mission target, as it doesn't have the tools for a different mission.

As for studying life that resists to radiation, that can be done on Earth.

Chernobyl has a radiotrophic fungus that lives by converting the energy from the gamma radiation as if it was sun light.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I knew somebody smart would come along, and give some logical explanation of why this was easier to do on Earth.

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Warchief666

A good question and wise advice. Radiation rules! So if, under your terms, humans are going to be cooked by that japanese monster, yes, we should at least investigate how other lifeforms live happily with radiation on those levels, no matter where they're found. Nice thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thanks ArMap, Why didnt I think of that. Of course thats the answer. Myself and my colleague were discussing this for three bloody hours the other day and it never dawned on us. In futue i will just ask ATS!

top topics

join