It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Prescription Meds Cause Amherst Man's Pistol Permit to be Revoked?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I also think that people who can not drive a car properly to a certain level of skill, should not be allowed to drive a car.

But there are more car related deaths each year than that of guns.

edit on 12-4-2013 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Here's a little anecdotal evidence about how this is all playing out. I personally know someone who is a veteran (no current PTSD diagnosis, I don't think he was ever in combat), struggling financially, just lost a family member unexpectedly, and has another about to have major surgery. The stress of his current situation has him pretty strung out. His wife is telling him to see a doctor and to maybe see if he can get something for anxiety, until things settle down. He refuses, because he doesn't want some medication he is on to cause him to lose his rights to own firearms. I really can't say I blame him. And to be honest given the current events in NY, if I were in the same boat as he, I'd make the same decision.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by magma

I also think that people who can not drive a car properly to a certain level of skill, should not be allowed to drive a car.

But there are more car related deaths each year than that of guns.

edit on 12-4-2013 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

I am for the second amendemend and probably fully agree with you on most point BUT when I hear the "car" comparison, I cringe. (its really a bad comparison)

YES, CARS kill more people than guns- BUT how often during the day are you withing 10 feet of (or driving in) a moving vehicle? VS how many times are you withing 10 feet of a discharged weapon (or firing one)-

This reminded me of the dumb ass thing I read on CNN last month saying your toilet is more dangerous than a shark (which is statistically true)- yet every American uses a toilet at least once a week (ususally more) and most Americans have never set foot in the ocean.

-Once again I am pro- 2nd amendment and feel its already watered down beyond its original intent and essentially has been "gone" since the 1980s (for all intents and purposes) - I just hate thatr "Cars are more dangerous than guns argument" or the LOOK a Knife can kill too... Just very bad arguments

<< 1   >>

join