It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT NEWS Breaking: N. Korean missile launchpad moved into firing attitude - reports

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Nope I saw it too

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I am aware of the hardening of electronics against such. I am an electronic engineer and programmer. Also, I have an older brother, Ex Navy, used to do sub duty 6 months at a time who has told me things and I have a younger brother who works for Raytheon exclusively on phased array systems and power supplies and spends a lot of time in Honolulu and once or twice in Seattle working on the SBX-1 and we have had quite a few discussions about EMP threats recently just in case it comes to.

I think I dream large but, still, it can't hurt to use caution, especially when Iran or other parties may have helped them with something.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What flash what are you talking about

Link?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

It happened on the reuters live feed.

I hope someone was capping it....

Did anyone else see those vehicles tearing out of NK like a bat outta hell??

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Lol, its just for a test fire of their missile capability's.

They don't even know if this type of missile works yet, which is the reason for the test.

Boy, talk about jumping the gun here. I think many of you actually want them to fire off a nuke.

I think so...the stress of Iran, Cyprus and NK are taking their toll. Kim's plan (whatever it may be) may be working. For all the things that the NK government isn't, they are masters of psychological warfare.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Lol, its just for a test fire of their missile capability's.

They don't even know if this type of missile works yet, which is the reason for the test.

Boy, talk about jumping the gun here. I think many of you actually want them to fire off a nuke.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Here's the link, but it's offline now.
Reuters live stream

I did not see any vehicles leaving.

I'm sure it was just a camera malfunction. Otherwise we would know something by now.
edit on 4/10/2013 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/10/2013 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

I saw the vehicles leaving. All with luggage on the roof.

Driving VERY fast through the gate.

My guess is the DPRK side of the border is being very stringent on who they are letting out right now.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
what a hell of a time for this place to go offline, i almost went ballistic lol

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Anyone have any idea on what time they are planning to launch?

I'm expecting to see a big flag pop out that reads "bang!" with Acme written on the other side of the launcher.

link   

Originally posted by Neysa
Ok....am I the only one who saw the flash?
Maybe I should go to bed now.

I saw it too. It reminded me of the videos from the meteor incident in Russia a couple months ago where the object was out of frame but lit everything up like a camera flash...

And did it look like it got dark after the flash? Or was that just me?

EDIT: The flash I saw was from the SK border/DMZ stream
edit on 4/10/2013 by joeyv23 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Dyzan

Yeah. haha Had to hit several news sites to see if the balloon had gone up.
edit on 10-4-2013 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

Maybe he's got a Korean made watch.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 10-4-2013 by Invariance because: nevermind

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
What are your guys' thoughts on whatever North Korea plans on launching off these vertical launch-pads being just a dummy missile to distract attention?

We've got a significant number of military personnel over there by now with all this hype, anybody have any additional information on those submarines that went MIA from the North yesterday?

An EMP attack from that satellite up there followed by some short-range "small jabs" from those subs popping up off major coasts could be one helluva 1-2 punch. Lest we overplay these big, shiny missiles they've rolled out and let them get between our navy and our coastlines.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by jroduk

With so many NK stories on...imminent launch dates...fading into the past. Who cares.

It's only another BIG announcement for a small action, that may or may not be perceived as, getting ready to launch...something.. Next, I expect so see the headline.

URGENT...going to launch right after lunch.

Des

There is my issue or concern......what if someone says, "ok comrade time for lunch....WTF!...I said LUNCH not LAUNCH........RUN!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

your my hero! I was trying to find some real time info whether it be video or someone talking live.
That picture is awesome...uh...what exactly am I watching? The tard next to me wants to know, he is asking, I of course know but am not telling.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Thanks for the stream.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
One small NK missile it will fall into the ocean. Un is crazy but not sure he would think one missile would devastate a nation.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

You talking about in the US? Won't happen, since their subs can't reach here. The Romeo class boats could, but they'd have to travel all the way across the Pacific, at like 9 or 11 knots (which means a really freaking long time), snorkeling their way across, and our sub and P-3 crews be totally asleep at the switches and completely miss them (they're old and noisy to begin with). They also can't launch missiles, so what kind of jab could they give? None of the DPRK boats could launch missiles, and with the exception of the Romeo class, their longest ranged boat is 1500 miles.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join