It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT NEWS Breaking: N. Korean missile launchpad moved into firing attitude - reports

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunflowerStar
reuters.livestation.com... Is this link real live video of the launchers?

Just wondering.

Launchers in Japan.
edit on 10-4-2013 by SunflowerStar because: Japan

Yes these are anti missile systems based in Tokyo.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Anniversary celebration, he will have his fireworks bah ha

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
North Korea is not in that shot, that is Japans defensive patriot missile battery.

Just wondering.

Launchers in Japan.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Unless, of course this is an EMP device set to try and take out our surveilliance and anti-missile units then they immediately start pummeling S.K. and the US forces... all under the guise of a test fire.
Or. of course there is always the possibility that there may be other missiles positioned closer in to the US or other territories and they will be sent airborne while all eyes are on this test one....

I don't really know what to make of it but I'm not getting a happy, warm, fuzzy feeling about the situation.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Wednesday told CNN that despite being an ally of North Korea, it stands with the United States.

"On North Korea, we have no differences with the United States. One just shouldn't scare anyone with military maneuvers and there's a chance things might calm down," he said

I think the kid is getting bad advice from his generals, and will be ousted as a failure

or

he will just tell his people he blew up the white house

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HigherLearningSociety
Test or no test- this launch will start the war- as everyone is ordered to shoot it down- no matter what it is,

Who said that? Can you link an article? I haven't heard anything about orders to shoot anything launched down... Has anybody else heard this?? If we deny their supposed right to test missiles then that very well could be the X-factor that kicks off a bad bad situation...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Just wondering.

Launchers in Japan.

You are correctomundo...

Now for launchers in N.K.

sowwy...couldn't help myself....

Des

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
URGENT...going to launch right after lunch.

Ohh gilligan is there anything you can't do

"I said Lunch, not launch!!!"

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
No one is shooting it down. This isn't the first time they have launched or threatened anyone.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
No one is shooting it down. This isn't the first time they have launched or threatened anyone.

They aimed it over the ocean the last few times.

IF this goes over SK or JAPAN they've stated they WILL shoot it down...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

Yea there was stuff in the media a few days ago saying anything launched will be taken down as a precautionary measure. Im sure someone with more time can look for it...ie you??? lol

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So it's either another uneventful night (hoping) or we might see history be made....
My gut tells me uneventful, but I just can't look away.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Des, really did lol. Running the live stream for Japan, think I'd bleep my self if see these things counter act the test. However the test is immenient, and Guam has raised their alert level as well. Let me go get the link, brb.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HigherLearningSociety

It will only be shot down if it appears to be heading for Japanese or South Korean territory. There's no reason to waste an SM-3 if it's heading for their usual testing area in the Pacific. If it's no threat to the ROK or Japan, they'll leave it alone. We have 7 or 8 aircraft, plus ships monitoring, so it'll be apparent quickly where it's heading for.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Except that there's no evidence they have an EMP big enough to take out our forces anywhere. Military equipment is hardened against EMP, and our forces are scattered over too big of an area for them to take them all out. They might get a few hours uninterrupted to try to run rampant, but that won't last long before we have more forces from Guam, Okinawa, and Japan on the scene.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Des, really did lol. Running the live stream for Japan, think I'd bleep my self if see these things counter act the test. However the test is immenient, and Guam has raised their alert level as well. Let me go get the link, brb.

Thanks Sun. If this NK *test* missile actually gets airborn, and does end up in someone else' airspace...it will get shot down. Too many on alert at this point.

Des

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I do hope those ships have Officers that recall their Celestial Navigation classes .... KMS 3-2 comes over the Horizon for North America in a short time. It's gracing our Southwest to North/Midwest this fine evening. Always good for a laugh, that Kim. Never a dull moment when he's having a mood.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

The Patriots won't be used, except as a last resort. If anything shoots it down, it will be the Aegis BMD using an SM-3 missile. Japan has several Kongo class Aegis ships that have been upgraded with the system, and the US has two Arleigh Burke class destroyers with the system near Korea.

link   
Might be worth keeping an eye on this.....this is a live stream of North Korean tv...Chosun i think it is called.

Showing some film at the minute, but maybe they will show us something later???

112.170.78.145:50000...

Needs to be opened in VLC player i think

link   

Originally posted by HigherLearningSociety
Test or no test- this launch will start the war- as everyone is ordered to shoot it down- no matter what it is,

No it wont. If the missile or missiles are clearly going to land in the ocean no one is "going to start a war".

In fact I would bet money that once these TEST MISSILES get launched and land harmlessly in the ocean N. Korea will announce the following...

"We have once again defeated and stood mighty in the face of the US and S Korea.. We have shown that we are not country to be mess wif"

And then nothing... at least until next time Kim Jong Un decides he needs to flex his nations muscles
edit on 10-4-2013 by Nomad451 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join