It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT NEWS Breaking: N. Korean missile launchpad moved into firing attitude - reports

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

If it's just a test then why is everybody getting ticked off and how do we even know if it's a test or not when he has declared war and if it is even going to hit any where. cause the musudan missiles don't even work!

from wiki: References to the missile's existence are more in the domain of political literature than technical fact

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
There could be many missiles. The U.S doesn't know the extent of what they have. Or where they are all at. The news keeps changing. Maybe that explains all these sink holes. They are tunneling there way through the earth. Now we have one a few blocks from my home.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I dont like muppets you never know what they will do
posting so i can keep an eye on the thread
S&F OP

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Do you have proof that They are tunneling there way through the earth. Or is it just speculation?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by babygurl2013

The missiles probably work. The missiles may not be very accurate though.

The problem is nobody understands the intentions of North Korea anymore.

North Korea is under watch. However the situation does not warrant attention of the whole world. It is a regional issue which affects countries in the vicinity of North Korea.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by babygurl2013
reply to post by Katie

Do you have proof that They are tunneling there way through the earth. Or is it just speculation?

Not sure who you are replying to or what they said (too lazy to check) but the DPRK are master tunnelers and were used to assist the NVA in tunneling underground cities and nearly (or possibly all the way ) to Saigon. They built underground Hospitals, Camps and tunnels along and throughout the Ho Chi Mon trail.

We KNOW they have tunnels...The extent of which I do not think we have a clue. I think there have been underground battles on the SK side (again, I dont remember exactly what I read and am too lazy to look it up also) but tunnels are a pretty good assessment of something they have nearly perfected.

I am also sure we have ground penetrating radar but I feel that would end at the DMZ.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Katie

North Korea has a immense underground complexes.
This is the the reason we can not tell exactly what they have for weapons.

The Pentagon is concerned with the current situation as it is very different from North Korea's behaviors of past incidents.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Lol, its just for a test fire of their missile capability's.

They don't even know if this type of missile works yet, which is the reason for the test.

Boy, talk about jumping the gun here. I think many of you actually want them to fire off a nuke.

Well, when you've rescinded an armistice (putting you back at a state of war)...and then threatened to nuke targets, and THEN prep to launch a missile (test or no), then yeah, you kind of have to expect that people may misinterpret it....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

What i'm trying to say is that how do anybody actually know that they will work or not or even if he will launch it towards anybody. The matter of fact it is just a test no one will know when or if it will even happen or not.
And what will everybody go and do when the time come for it to really happen nobody is safe any more.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's unbelievable how some users here think that Kim is bs-ing everyone. They still don't get how crazy the little dude is. All the pieces are in place, all the actors too and the show is about to start and some users still think this is pure propaganda or diversion.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jroduk
This is from the RT website just reported:-

rt.com...

Details to Follow....

I find RT a good source of news info.

from OP source: ...“There are clear signs that the North could simultaneously fire off Musudan, Scud and Nodong missiles,” an anonymous military source was quoted as saying on Wednesday.

a real time test of the Aegis system and the enhanced Patriot defense system... NK along with Russia & China will be monitoring the defense capabilities of the NK multiple missile launches of various types of missiles

it is highly likely that the NK brinksmanship will continue as long as the USA insists on intervening in the leadership of Syria by funding and arming AQ/Jihadist rebels & terrorists to overthrow Assad...
Imperilism by Proxy ~as-it-were~
edit on 11-4-2013 by St Udio because: add bracket

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by babygurl2013

I think Gazrok said it very well. It is a question of intentions. Possible that US shoots down the missiles in the boost phase.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Lol, its just for a test fire of their missile capability's.

They don't even know if this type of missile works yet, which is the reason for the test.

Boy, talk about jumping the gun here. I think many of you actually want them to fire off a nuke.

Well, when you've rescinded an armistice (putting you back at a state of war)...and then threatened to nuke targets, and THEN prep to launch a missile (test or no), then yeah, you kind of have to expect that people may misinterpret it....

Still hoping this settles peacefully (and honestly feel it will) but this is tense. I am seeing lots of "Flag waving" and "wipe em off the map" (especially on FB and especially by folks who never served) but remember how "eay". "quick" and "cheap" Iraq was going to be? NK is NOT Iraq. yes, we will win the individual battles but at high cost and possibly not win the "war"- Too much is happening. The BRIC nations are becoming the dominent money supply (sooner rather than later) and a proxy war with china is what the US wants I think- But this is tinderbox.

This has the potential to truly spark WW3 which will be BRIC nations Vs Bretonwood nations and could very well mark the end of most of us here.

If this goes beyond beyond a proxy war- The SECOND China enters, Pakistan hits India and Iran a coalition of Middle eastern nations hit Israel. I see a total War of the World (and the Worlds Superpowers) as a very real possibility if cooler heads cannot prevail.

-Again, I honestly feel this will blow over- I think this is just setting the mindset" of the American people...Building that "hatred" and "blood lust" and Flag Waving Frenzy- Us against THEM. They threatened us with Nukes...Blah...Blah... And three years down the road (when we have to stop the BRIC's) it will be so easy to rekindle that fire through any attack (real or otherwise) and set this thing in motion.
edit on 11-4-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: errors

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Katie

I was just joking around. But what has already been posted is they are masters at tunnels and building them. Now do you really think they could go that far into the earth to reach the U.S.?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
reply to post by Telos

Apparently he is not crazy:
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...
www.usnews.com...
www.cnn.com...

Well crazy enough to start a confrontation with the west. By crazy I didn't mean stupid.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Hi i'm new here and i have been reading what every body has been saying about N.Korean missile being launched. And I don't quite understand If they say they are going to be launching it haven't they already done it. And why would they launch it in the first place and for what reason are they going to launch it weather it's a test or not.

I kind of doubt that NK will fire anything. They are posturing to bring attention to their government so they can start receiving foreign aid. The country is so poor they can't afford to turn the lights on, literally. The problem is the indoctrination the youth has been receiving since birth that the west is evil and needs to be destroyed. They have been told all sorts of horror stories about the west and it will take sometime to reverse that (by the way, I'm not saying the west is perfect, far from it, but at least we have some semblance of freedom).

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I wondered if it was craziness, if he has very strong allies, he would know they will come to his aid if this all goes. O.o could be a plan... I don't think someone would start taunting a very large person without a plan...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katie

reply to post by Katie

I was just joking around. But what has already been posted is they are masters at tunnels and building them. Now do you really think they could go that far into the earth to reach the U.S.?

No. I think DPRK are ZERO threat to the US in any way shape or form (aside from our vases in certain nations we occupy)-

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

If China is smart, it will let NK collapse.
A unified Korea is good for China.

I think US is acting with caution. This thing will stay contained.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join