Hermit Lives in Maine for 27 years and allegedly commits 1,000 + burglaries!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is My first thread. This guys is my effing hero. I want to know how he accomplished being undetected for 27 years in a relatively populated area, (Rome, Maine).

I lived in Waterville, ME for over a year which is very close to Rome. There is some odd stuff out there, cold war radar stations and stuff. But this is blowing my mind.

Here are some links.

WCSH6 Maine

Bangor, ME daily news

BBC

USA Today

Mind you... These links are essentially the same story because the details are emerging.

He lived off "stealing" survival necessities from people and businesses on North Lake.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
How is he your hero by breaking the law and stealing?

People like that piss me off and I don't mind helping.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

Was he a Bigfoot ? Homeless ?

Do people in ME. lock their doors when they leave ?Cause even today there are places in the mid west. Where locking up your house isn't given much thought.
edit on 10-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

He lived under the radar for 27 years. No source of income other than the things he "stole" from the people around him. He stole minimal stuff. Batteries, propane tanks, etc...

He's my hero because he pulled it off for 27 years. So far all I've heard is he does have at least 1 family member, his mother, who was contacted and told "Your son is alive".

A true survivalist here, granted his means were by theft. However isn't a true survivalist someone who uses their surroundings to the highest extent to survive?

This guy needs a book deal STAT.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Depends on where you are. I've lived in other places where if you lock your doors, they're getting messed up while they're on the way in.

Don't roll you're windows up because they'll smash em sort of stuff.

I have a lake house in a heavier populated area and I can say for a fact that it wouldn't be difficult to get into my place, let alone anyone else's.

These properties were camps, cabins, cottages, etc. And he "broke-in" very non aggressively, causing the least amount of damage as possible.

He needed to eat!
edit on 10-4-2013 by Seek_Truth because: Piss poor grammar

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Your Hero..huh....

Wait until they dig up his backyard, and find the bodies.....

Honestly...he sounds like a sad, afraid of people, sort of person..

Des

edit on 10-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I agree. I'm curious to see how the story unfolds and I'm surprised it went national so quickly.

Hopefully no bodies or murder's involved. This guy ran away at age 20 for some reason. Curious exactly what he was running from and more importantly, whose property he was living on.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
what a scumbag. contribute something or support yourself

150 years ago he'd hang
edit on 10-4-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I did post this in the survivalist forum didn't I??

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

oh, well then he's a hero

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Ok, so maybe the hero term was loosely used. My intent was to post the story, not my personal opinions on the guy.

Lets focus on the rest of the story. I call him a hero, because I put myself in other people's shoes.

Doubt I could've pulled it off.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Reminds me of Yogi bear and the picnic baskets.

For someone that weird I'm thankful he wasn't a rapist or a murderer. Or was he and we just don't have the whole story yet?

Now they are taking him out of the wild, going to put him in a zoo? Maybe tag and release?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Then you wonder why products that you pay for every day keep raising to an amount that pisses you off by the penny that I have to hear about. He's not helping you, he's hurting you. If he wants something, then buy him a meal. That's what I do. I don't give out money.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seek_Truth

This guys is my effing hero. I want to know how he accomplished being undetected for 27 years in a relatively populated area (Rome, Maine).

Not the best hero one could have. He's really good at laying low though i have to admit. But all the things he stole over the years from people should negate his hero status for you lol.

This man will have a hard time living in jail. He's used to living totally free, in the open outdoors. Now, he will be cooped up in a small cell with a guy named Thunder for a while.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

He needed to eat!

That's a big factor. Hunger will drive a person. The fact that we was considerate while surviving this way isn't enough for hero status. I mean 27 years of living like that is bit absurd and seems like he became content in that way of life.
That's different from someone wondering in, after being lost in the woods and nearly starved. Well, he's got three hots and cot now. He should be good to go, if he can handle it on the inside.
edit on 10-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wow !

Surprised the hero thing caused such a stir!

Lmao

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
And he's been charged with 1 burglary totally the huge sum of $238 worth of goods. He'll be back in the wild within a week unless they have more on him. And $5k bail is nothin.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seek_Truth
Wow !

Surprised the hero thing caused such a stir!

Lmao

I guess you've never had your home broken into, not knowing who did it. Not knowing if they'd come back again. Always wondering.

It leaves you feeling violated. Never quite knowing who to completely trust in a way. Now, imagine how many people he made feel that way over a 27 year period. People wondering if it was OK to let their little kids play outside, like they used to.

It all adds up to nothing about him being heroic. Really.

Des

edit on 10-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Yeah, I lived in Maine. Just the survival aspect seems pretty amazing. Maine's the only place my car every froze
solid to the ground! and that was right on the Coast up on Frenchman's Bay. I can understand how he could remain undetected so long, there are some VERY thick covers on those hills! Like can't see a Moose standing 3 feet away from you thick! If the aspect of him having almost no contact with other Humans, for 27 years, right after Chernobyl, maybe he just thought he was getting a head start on the zombie apocalypse ! But the part about the book deal? Cha-Ching! But you might be right, having found out how things have gone since Chernobyl, maybe going back to the woods is just fine with him!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I lived in Maine and I don't remember us locking the doors at night until the late 90's.
I'm really impressed this man lived through so many winters in Maine. I cringe just thinking about it.

edit on 4/11/13 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join