Some Days Just Suck

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Some weeks do, too.

Ugh, can't really explain much. Just feel like I got a big kick in the face from a treasured friend. Been called some terrible names, had my integrity and my role as a valued member questioned. That hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt.

I know, suck it up, buttercup. Get over it. Move on.

Unfortunately, those standard responses don't seem to be working. I've got this unending loop playing it over and over in my head. And let me assure you, nothing improves with the replay.

So, my friends....How do you deal with crappy days?

I'm off to watch some totally inappropriate YouTube vids. Maybe that will help.

At least tomorrow can only get better.....

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh Sweetpea

Here we go this cheers up everyone

Me I just get drunk
edit on 10-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Cheer up, smyleegrl.
We still love you

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Without more details, it's hard to provide accurate advice. The best way to get over a bad day for me is to find things to look forward to tomorrow. Sometimes it's as simple as a walk around the block, or going to work with a smile on my face instead of a scowl.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Beer and or other substances natural in nature...

Meh, forget people, Im having a rough week here on my end as well, just keep putting one foot in front of the other till you see the light at the end.

If it helps, your one of my favorite contributors to ATS.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
When I feel a day just can't get any worse, I go to bed before it does...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I know what your going through, take a drink and go to to bed.

That what's I do.

^&*^&* the world.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Beer and or other substances natural in nature...

In addition, coming to this site and preying on the weak and asinine seems to do wonders as well.

Hang in there OP..! Not everyday is going to be a happygolucky day.

CX

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Don't let the buggers get you down......your day and mood should go how you dictate, not how others dictate it.

Here's a start....

Happy thread

Keep smiling.

CX.

CX

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If that fails.....i bet you smile at this.....

CX.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
How do I deal with crappy days? I'm lucky, I have a witchy little hippee chick I live with that pretty much knows when I'm having them, and she kinda just mystically guides me out of them. Guess that's why they call them 'wise women'! Anyway, sorry to hear ya had a bad day, and had a tiff with a friend, sometimes, it makes your friendship stronger, and sometimes it tells ya to head on down the trail! Anyway, another purge for me from a bad day is a clear night time sky, and lots of shiny stars, in a place that's away from the ennui of every day life! Hope the u tube vids he helped, and looking forward to some more snappy posts from ya!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Ugh, can't really explain much. Just feel like I got a big kick in the face from a treasured friend. Been called some terrible names, had my integrity and my role as a valued member questioned. That hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt

Sounds like you ran into some [snip]holes. There are plenty of them out there. My best friend has been known to be a [snip]hole, my sister is a [snip]hole ,heck I have been a [snip]hole , many members can be [snip]holes.

But the fact of the matter is that not many people are [snip]holes forever. things pass , sometime fast, sometime they take a little longer.

Just remember that there are many out there. So this is for the [snip]holes that got to you today

I self [snip]ed that post, for TC's

Explicit language warning.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

1~ It could always be worse

2~ Sometimes you just have to pound sand or eat crow

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Some of my posts just suck. Gotta take the good with bad. Shake it off and try a little harder. I'm going to take my own advice here. I can't see why anyone wouldn't like you. I've read many of your posts. You seem like an affable and likeable person.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Sorry for your bad day. When I am having a bad day...I challenge my son to a dual with dart guns...or a hopping contest(who can hop on one foot the longest, knocking into each other is allowed), it really helps me out. Pretending like you're someone else is always fun.

Play, laugh and love.

You know your true friends in your heart.

Peace and love to you sweet friend
-nat
edit on 10-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm sorry you're having a bad day.

This song always cheers me up, maybe it can help you feel a little bit better

Jump Rope by Blue October

Remember how you used to say
"you couldn't wait till tomorrow for a brand new day"
No fuss when ya had to ride the bus
You could add a little blush
To paralyze your school crush

Now your older and the weight upon your shoulder
Makes the world a little colder
No more hiding in the old days
Be strong
Don't give up hope
It will get hard
Cause life's like a jump rope

Up down Up down Up down Up down yeah
Cause it will get hard
Remember life's like a jump rope
It will get hard
Cause it will get hard

There'll be a bump there will be a bruise
There'll be alarms and there will be a snooze
There'll be a path that you will get to choose
There'll be a win and there will be a lose

You have to hold your head up high and
Watch all the negative go by
Don't you ever be ashamed to cry
You go ahead
'Cause life's like a jump rope

I want to tell you that everything will be okay
That everything will eventually turn itself to gold
Keep pushing through it all
Don't follow, lead the way
Don't lose yourself or your hope

You stomp your feet so hard you make it pound
Raise the bottom to the top
And now we're never coming down
Up down stomp your feet spin around
Clap hands to the rhythm
Then you slip down

You stomp your feet so hard you make it pound
Raise the bottom to the top
And now we're never coming down
It will get hard

edit on 10-4-2013 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

I love that video and beat.

Even at work it was hard, but she molded me. And it's even harder to let her go. We have had our differences. But, I'm depressed that's she's stepping down. She was made for the job.

But, I do understand her position. It still hurts.

Good Luck.

We miss you already.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Is there anything creative you like to do? Writing stories/poems, painting...etc...no matter what it is, I say do it!
What helps me personally on my darker days is creating something. I both make hiphop beats and write lyrics/poems. The lyrics I write, i will probably never perform them but they're more for me..just to vent. It helps a lot. I've found that just creating something can unleash alotta steam

and I agree with this post too, I don't write a lot on this site but I do lurk and read things..

Originally posted by benrl
If it helps, your one of my favorite contributors to ATS.

Just know, tomorrow is like an open book. Life is full of opportunities and you never know what a new day can bring to you. Think positive. If anyone is being negative towards you that is all their problem, never yours.
Much respect!!
edit on 11-4-2013 by Verse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Hello, I really do hope things look up for you. It's not fun to go through a group of days, weeks, or worse feeling down. Overall the past two years have been pretty bad for me. I'm still trying to pull myself back up.

We all have trying times. I honestly think they make us stronger. It's just hell trying to get through the worst parts of it. I know that's one shade of light that many people shine on situations like this, and others ask about the confusion of it all. Sometimes it doesn't help to say that these events make us stronger. Sometimes it has to do with trust. Trusting that fate will take you where you need to go. Kind of an abrupt stop here but I hope that what little I said helps.

Like I said - Hopefully things get better for you.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for letting me vent.

Last night I went on youtube looking for funny videos of children and pets. Somehow, in the mysterious world of youtube, I found myself watching sebastious cysts being popped. I'm still not sure how I managed to go from cat videos to popping zits, but anyway I feel much better.

Another day.....another chance to smile. Be well, everyone!

smylee

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join