It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Alien/Artificial Structures on Moon Surface?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I hope not lol.

Bringing out the surface details of shadow-covered area is possible because there was source of light somewhere nearby the shadowed area. This light is usually too faint to be noticeable to humans, but more than enough to be registered by camera's sensitive CCD. In the cases of craters I'm looking at, the majority of the secondary light source is the reflected sunlight from the crater wall opposite site of the shadow.

Here is an example of LROC team member using the same technique to expose the surface detail of shadowed areas.

This is a completely legitimate procedure rooted in proven science. Another dramatic example of similar mechanics at work is the fact on the Moon, Earthshine alone can be enough to light up the Moon as if it was a really really cloudy day on Earth. That is, even in complete absence of Sun light on the Moon, things are not always dark like it is on Earth.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PINGi14
Bringing out the surface details of shadow-covered area is possible because there was source of light somewhere nearby the shadowed area.

I know, I do that all the time.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PINGi14
reply to post by ArMaP

Here is an example of LROC team member using the same technique to expose the surface detail of shadowed areas.

This is a completely legitimate procedure rooted in proven science. Another dramatic example of similar mechanics at work is the fact on the Moon, Earthshine alone can be enough to light up the Moon as if it was a really really cloudy day on Earth. That is, even in complete absence of Sun light on the Moon, things are not always dark like it is on Earth.

From your link above the top image with no effort to make it perfect 10 secs moving some sliders.

You are not showing us anything new or something we don't know how to do!

edit on 17-4-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

You are cloud watching. No more, no less.

Take a deep breath, step back and try to look at that pic with a fresh set of eyes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join