It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI comes clean on 1950 UFO sighting memo from Washington D.C. chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Source

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has come clean on a 63 year old memo from the head of their Washington D.C. office pertaining to UFO sightings.

The memo was associated to a story relayed to four FBI from a third party reporting that an Air Force investigator had reported three "flying saucers" were recovered in New Mexico.

"They [the saucers] were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximately 50 feet in diameter," the memo states. "Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only three feet tall, dressed in metallic cloth of a very fine texture."

"Each body was bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed fliers and test pilots."

In an FBI release on March 24, 2013, the Bureau indicates the story is the single most popular file in their various records released under the Freedom of Information Act.

I looked around on here for this and couldn't find anything, so my apologies if this has been covered before.

I had to bring this to every ones attention as it says that flying saucers were recovered, which, is not what the government has been saying for the past few years...

I just thought I would bring it here and see if anything else has been dug up on this or if anyone else knows any information pertaining to this.

Anyway, I thought this was pretty interesting.

Another part of interest;

There is no connection to the infamous events of July 1947 in Roswell, the FBI says “Hottel memo is dated nearly three years after” that.

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 10-4-2013 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Not sure what search you used, but typing in "FBI UFO memo" in ATS search turns up many links. The first of which shows how the memo is based on a HOAX.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They also say it was second and third hand accounts. So basically it wasn't the FBI saying there was a UFO, it was some schmoe off the street.

and yah the stories been talked about here. Actually I think I was the first one who brought up the FBI's response to the memo, in the thread about it a week or two ago.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
reply to post by predator0187

Not sure what search you used, but typing in "FBI UFO memo" in ATS search turns up many links. The first of which shows how the memo is based on a HOAX.

ATS's search is pretty bad.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Who is Hottel and why should we care what he reports, or rather a informant that said he was told by etc etc etc.

Now if the To bit was instead the From bit (aka, from the FBI verses to), then it would be a lot more interesting.

Add:
Topic is discussed: Here
edit on 10-4-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Nah, it's just user-error. The search works just fine. All the threads are in the link I posted above.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
I just thought I would bring it here and see if anything else has been dug up on this or if anyone else knows any information pertaining to this.

Hi predator0187,

This memo has been discussed in various threads over the years, including in my rather lengthy thread at the link below:

Debunked! The FBI alien bodies memo – A case study in the reinvention of the wheel

I've updated that thread a few times in the last few weeks week to include links to the new FBI press release about the memo being the most viewed item on the FBI's Vault website and subsequent press reports about that press release (including a CNN video about it and a report on Yahoo News).

That post was split into the following sections:

Section A – Recap - The memo

Section B – Recap - Recent media coverage of the memo

Section C – The memo is NOT a new release

Section D – The memo relates to the Silas Newton affair

Section E - The Silas Newton affair was exposed as a hoax DECADES ago

Section F – The memo does NOT relate to Roswell

Section G – William Moore’s article about all this

Section H - Conclusion

Section I – References

edit on 11-4-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Topic already being discussed in the above threads, thread closed.

top topics

join