It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal haunting...can poltergeists be friendly....-ish?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Had an encounter last night that basically tops all the lesser ones I've encountered before. These are mostly centered on times when I've been in bed (not always sleeping), with one exception. I've felt a hand on my back before while laying in bed, I've been woken up abruptly when a close hamper was knocked over, heard footsteps in the room, etc.

But last night (early this morning, rather) was a lot more "up-close-and-personal". My husband has been on late shift lately, coming home at midnight, coming to bed anywhere from 3am-5am. This morning, around 3am, I'd rolled over to face his side of the bed after waking from a bad dream. I heard him sigh, and breathing. So I reached over to put an arm around him....he wasn't there. Turn over again to face my edge of the bed and I feel him climbing into the bed, finally. The bed rocks slightly, I feel the mattress depress behind me. So I reach a hand behind to feel that he's there. Once again, he is NOT. Now I'm really awake (O.O), laying there trying to be extra still and quiet and I'm still feeling the mattress depress behind me, like someone's there and trying to move closer. 4am, screw it, I'm getting up. I find him in the computer room watching Netflix.

Turns out he's felt similar things in the bedroom. He said some nights when he gets in bed, the bed is moving like I'm wiggling or tapping my foot (bad nervous tic of mine), so he usually slides a leg over only to find that I'm lying still.

I've tried doing a little research, but all I've found thats really solid is a consensus that Hauntings are spirits attached to a place, Poltergeists are spirits attached to a person and are bad. These occurences have followed me over four separate residences in 7yrs. I'm pretty sure its attached to me somehow, but it's not malevolent at all. Just.....there.

Any thoughts??

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have a good friend who's younger twin sister died when they were 4 years old. Apparently my friend says she sees a little girl from time to time peeking around the corner in her house or catches glimpses of a little child running around the back yard.

I never paid any attention really but she swears by it. Anyways, a few years ago there was a fire in the house next door to my friends. She lives alone and has two basset hounds.

Well she always keeps them inside, except for when she's home and lets them out in the back but when she's away the house is locked up tightly.

She comes home and sees the house next door on fire, the police and fire teams there and all the neighbors watching and runs up to her house to grab her dogs.

Well she tells me that the front door was unlocked but not only that, the back door, the side door, the door into the garage and every single window in the house including the tiny one in the bathroom. She doesn't see the dogs so runs outside and spots them a couple doors down calmly sitting on a neighbors lawn watching the commotion. Now she never lets them out because they run away but there they were, just patiently sitting there.

She said she asked the fireman if they let the dogs out and they responded that nobody had gone into her house or even knew dogs were there and her neighbors said the dogs were actually over on the lawn before the fire even broke out. They assumed she had let them out.

Now I do believe my friend because she is pretty down to earth so I don't know what to make of her story. I know she is paranoid about leaving her house unlocked and I have accidentally let her dogs out and spent hours chasing them around the neighborhood so it is very perplexing.

Perhaps there are friendly poltergeists in the world after all?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

Have had something following me since I was a child (46 now). Only time it ever tried to hurt me is when the kids were little- when I would scold them it would throw things at me, and it didn't care how many witnesses saw it either (there were many). Other than that it likes to play harmless tricks every now and then just to show off.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Could be someone you know...or someone who likes the bed!
Is that new or have you had it a while?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DukeEligos
Could be someone you know...or someone who likes the bed!
Is that new or have you had it a while?

Quagmire?

I would say... You have a haunting. Perhaps try find a reputable paranormal investigator to have a chat with. Best of luck

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Nothing in your post suggests anything like a Poltergeist,if in fact they do exist.

I've had this happen to me as well.I'm inclined to believe that it has something to with the state of mind we're in as we're going to or coming out of sleep.Especially if we're used to having someone there.Just my two cents

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

hi.. sounds intense.. if its happening in multiple homes there is a link with you.. so you are spot on with that one.. im a healer/medium but my work has taken a heavy slant towards these type of paranormal issues.. so if you want i can take a look for you?? im seeing the energetic architecture of the problem.. so its a bit like a jigsaw puzzle at first, as im led to where needs addressing first, and as it all goes along it starts to unravel.. so if i tune in i will start to break things and remove ghosts if they are there.. is that ok? im happy to help..

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DukeEligos

Had 4 different beds in the 4 different residences that I've been in the last 7yrs. Aside from feeling the hand on me that one night, this latest experience is the "closest" this thing has gotten. I was literally wide-a$$ awake and could FEEL the bed depressing behind me.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I only mentioned the word Poltergeist because that's the only word I've found that describes the spirit attachment to a person...as opposed to a place. But I know it's not an accurate description because typical poltergeist reports have things flying about the room, doors opening & closing, impish/mischiveous(sp?) type stuff.

I thoguht about the sleep stage phenomena first...but during these "encounters" I wasn't anywhere near sleep, I was simply laying in bed. Very much awake. I dunno....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thewhiteribbon

Thanks so much for info! I'm not exactly feeling threatened by whatever this is, I just want to know what it is. Whether it is someone I know, or just some manner of guide or guardian. These things started happening LONG before I lost anyone of real significant emotional attachment. I've actually thought about putting out some feelers for a local medium, or seer...someone who can narrow down what kind of entity this is.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've had similar experiences, but only in this apartment. Sometimes it will feel like my bed slightly vibrating, like a small tremor. But I live in Vegas I don't think we get too many temors that I would feel. I've also had multiple moments where I feel like my cat has jumped on the bed, only to look and see he's not there. I figure maybe it was the cat jumping down, so I search and usually find him passed out somewhere else in the house.

Maybe you just have a lonely spirit that wants company. Thats what I think mine is, no negative feelings from it at least.
Great topic OP.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: starsyren

I either have or had a poltergeist (the ghost, not the energy form) in my house that was tormenting my sister and me for a while. We tried seeing if asking it to stop would work (I read that asking a poltergeist to stop is the best method to make the activity stop), and it did. Funny thing is, a day later, something of my sister's turned up out of the blue and just a week ago we had a rainstorm that got a power strip all wet, but when I tried turning it off, it was already off, even though I'd just been using it. The point of this is, I think it might be possible to turn a poltergeist friendly, so anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: starsyren
Had an encounter last night that basically tops all the lesser ones I've encountered before. These are mostly centered on times when I've been in bed (not always sleeping), with one exception. I've felt a hand on my back before while laying in bed, I've been woken up abruptly when a close hamper was knocked over, heard footsteps in the room, etc.

But last night (early this morning, rather) was a lot more "up-close-and-personal". My husband has been on late shift lately, coming home at midnight, coming to bed anywhere from 3am-5am. This morning, around 3am, I'd rolled over to face his side of the bed after waking from a bad dream. I heard him sigh, and breathing. So I reached over to put an arm around him....he wasn't there. Turn over again to face my edge of the bed and I feel him climbing into the bed, finally. The bed rocks slightly, I feel the mattress depress behind me. So I reach a hand behind to feel that he's there. Once again, he is NOT. Now I'm really awake (O.O), laying there trying to be extra still and quiet and I'm still feeling the mattress depress behind me, like someone's there and trying to move closer. 4am, screw it, I'm getting up. I find him in the computer room watching Netflix.

Turns out he's felt similar things in the bedroom. He said some nights when he gets in bed, the bed is moving like I'm wiggling or tapping my foot (bad nervous tic of mine), so he usually slides a leg over only to find that I'm lying still.

I've tried doing a little research, but all I've found thats really solid is a consensus that Hauntings are spirits attached to a place, Poltergeists are spirits attached to a person and are bad. These occurences have followed me over four separate residences in 7yrs. I'm pretty sure its attached to me somehow, but it's not malevolent at all. Just.....there.

Any thoughts??

Hearing footsteps, being touched, things getting knocked down and moved, etc are all fairly clear signs something is haunting you. I'm not sure if you posting to get some help to get rid of this spirit/ghost, or if you just telling us all a story. If you are trying to get rid of this thing, there are things you can do to protect and guard yourself. But as you mention you feel no malevolent feelings from this thing, for all you know it could be a dead relative/ex-bf who passed on come to visit you. Spirits can travel from and back from the other veil. The difference between spirits and ghosts, is a spirit has already passed on to the other side but can come back to visit. Ghosts on the other hand, don't even know they are dead, or they refuses to go to the "Light" for whatever reason( scared, don't know, still think they alive, etc).

The other veil isn't just home to spirits/ghosts, there is also demonic/dark energies that hide in the veil and god knows what else, those are what you need to really watch out for.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Any thoughts??
They

They are a byproduct of undealt with stress.
I suppose at a point of extreme danger a poltergeist manifests. In German I believe it translates to noisey guest or the like.

The purpose is release stress and or cause a situation where you go
Over the top and vent , deal with it. And find a new way of handling.

To prove this just do a little research and you will see how many teenage girls are bothered by them or houses with teenage girls.

Since girls are more inward.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Johnathanandheather

Any thoughts??
They

They are a byproduct of undealt with stress.
I suppose at a point of extreme danger a poltergeist manifests. In German I believe it translates to noisey guest or the like.

The purpose is release stress and or cause a situation where you go
Over the top and vent , deal with it. And find a new way of handling.

To prove this just do a little research and you will see how many teenage girls are bothered by them or houses with teenage girls.

Since girls are more inward.

I think what this poster is talking about his the phenom which some young females especially thru puberty have been known to be targeted thru paranormal events. Some folks say its the person themselves that are causing the paranormal effects, like they develop Telekinetic powers etc. Frankly, I really think it's still a theory. Because there been alot of cases of hauntings/paranormal events that occur without a young female present being the epic center of the events.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: starsyren

Old thread but I'll chime in just incase the poster is still around. The answer - NO. There is no such thing as a 'friendly-ish' spook like that. It is unnerving you. It needs to go. And if you have any 'awww, poor spook' attachments, you'll never be rid of it. It needs to move on. Help it get going ....

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It doesn't sound like a poltergeist at all actually. Of course I claim some ignorance (I like the subject but it is one I am basically an unbeliever of) but it does sound more of a spirit of some sort other than a poltergeist.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The word itself (Polter) suggest something evil. So no

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks all, for the input! I have since moved...again...and so far, in this new apartment it's been pretty quiet. Upon moving in, I DID throw up a few protections just in case though (can't be too careful). After four months, even with the stress of moving and changing jobs...no activity yet.

I'm starting to think, more and more, that it really may've just been a spirit of someone close to me just trying to get my attention. To focus on the present. I'm in a really good place now, physically/geographically/mentally, and have lately been trying to focus more on the positive.

Thanks again everyone! Keep chiming in with your thoughts and experiences, I'd love to hear them!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My sister used to have something that clinged to her, it started out just cuddling her in bed and in the end she used to wake up with something on top of her strangling her, it also happened to my mum and auntie in the same house, she had the vicar in because she was that scared,she's not religious in the slightest, I don't know what the vicar did but I don't think anything happens to her these days

top topics

<<   2 >>

join