It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do The Obamas Really Understand What a Budget is? Warning: Humor Inside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
In response to a thread by Jideho:
www.abovetopsecret.com... and the 4T Govt. has spent. Yup...TRILLION...I had to pull out a thread I was working on earlier and answer the question of whether or not the Obamas really understand living within a budget. I think not.

So again, Michelle gets on the net and starts to talk about what to feed your kids (not that everyone can even afford this little luxury) and immediately gets caught in the cross hairs of some very funny and not so impressed people who were laying in wait.

Michelle Obama Goes On Twitter, Gets Annihilated

dailybail.com... every question from a new mom asking about nutrition tips for her little Timmy, there appeared two criticisms of Obamacare, three complaints about White House tours being closed, and four questions about Benghazi. It was a free-for-all.

Isn't there a better way to fight obesity than making people too poor to afford food?

Do you feel guilty that your family vacations have cost over 1BILLION $ and your turning kids away from White House on theirs?

If our public schools are so good then why don't your kids go to them?

What's the best vacation destination to escape to when you really feel like spending my tax dollars in style?

Where in the constitution does its state "the FLOTUS shall tell kids what to eat"? Just wondering.....

And my all-time favorite: "You can't buy class, even if your the First Lady.. "

In answer to the tweet about her vacations (in case some are wondering):

Michelle...One Long Vacation at Tax Payer Expense of Course.

These people are so out of touch with reality and what people are going through that it's getting to be insane. How can she even think to teach anyone about what to eat and how to save money when she so clearly doesn't even have a budget? In 2012, the Obamas' 17-day vacation to Hawaii cost taxpayers $4.1 million.

In total, Taxpayers Spent $1.4 Billion On Obama Family Last Year. That's 'BILLION)

Have a look: dailybail.com...

So while many are wondering how to feed something healthy to their kids, the Obama's are spending that money you paid into taxes on their vacations. Not on what the people need but rather on what the Obama's desire.

BTW...Did you know?

Travel time for Air Force One direct from Washington D.C. to Hawaii is about 9 hours or as high as $1,635,813 each way for a total of $3,271,622 for the round trip to Hawaii and back.

But I guess if you don't have to count your pennies it doesn't really matter.

Nice huh?

Peace

edit on 10-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Travel time for Air Force One direct from Washington D.C. to Hawaii is about 9 hours or as high as $1,635,813 each way for a total of $3,271,622 for the round trip to Hawaii and back.

I flew coach to Hawaii round trip for $800, non-stop flight from Houston. Maybe FLOTUS should come get a few lessons on how to budget the family vacations, especially since they're spending OUR money!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

But isn't that the American Dream?

To spend as much of other people's money as you can?

Oh wait, that's what scam artists do...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by jude11

I flew coach to Hawaii round trip for $800, non-stop flight from Houston. Maybe FLOTUS should come get a few lessons on how to budget the family vacations, especially since they're spending OUR money!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the Obama household doesn't have a loose change jar.

Michelle: "Loose Change? Wazzat?"

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by jude11

But isn't that the American Dream?

To spend as much of other people's money as you can?

Oh wait, that's what scam artists do...

And she lives that dream every single day doesn't she?

To see her speak on budgets, families, housing, nutrition needs...take from those families and then to flaunt spending THEIR money in front of the exact people who can't even afford the basics is just absolutely heartless IMO.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Where in the constitution does its state "the FLOTUS shall tell kids what to eat"? Just wondering.....

that question is just stupid. First ladies have had their missions for a long time. I feel like anyone criticizing her for that is a brainwashed partisan fool or a racist. It's one or the other.

Now the vacation issue is a problem for sure. However, Obama hasn't been spending any more time on vacation than other modern presidents.
Now the reason I bring this up, is because the way these people are acting. They're acting like Obama is the first to do this. This was never an issue til he became president. I'm not trying to justify his spending, but rather put it in perspective. He's actually spent less than previous presidents on vacation.

it is a fact that President Obama has spent fewer days on vacation that President Bush did up to this point in his presidency.

about the Hawaii issue:

it involved the expense of taking his family to Hawaii, and some websites claimed this would cost as much as $4 million. But this amount included flying not only the First Family but also members of the White House Press Corps, the Secret Service, and several top presidential advisers (a president is never really on vacation). It should also be noted that all presidents receive a salary that is paid by the taxpayers, and included is an additional sum for travel expenses, money for entertaining, etc. Again, there is no evidence Mr. Obama has spent more than he was allotted

fact-checking websites analyzed his use of Air Force One, and found no evidence that he used it as much as President Bush did.

I guarantee the people asking her those questions had no problem when Bush was doing it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

oh and this one....I'm pretty sure spending more on Education is one of the things Obama talks about most. They admit schools need to be improved.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I can't believe how callous and cruel this thread is.

Give her a break. She's a single mother, life's tough.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

oh and this one....I'm pretty sure spending more on Education is one of the things Obama talks about most. They admit schools need to be improved.

Michelle has always said that the school system needs to be a priority. She has made a lot of speeches and then the poor lady gets tired and has to go on vacation for a million or so dollars.

I wonder how those school kids feel watching her play in the sand while they go to school with teachers who are powerless to obtain teaching materials and the kids are refused a lunch because they don't have a few dollars for a cheese sandwich?

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
I can't believe how callous and cruel this thread is.

Give her a break. She's a single mother, life's tough.

Yeah, sometimes when a person is so used to telling lies, things just slip out don't they?

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The single mom slip up is really curious, how did she even manage to say that?

Thanks for the OP jude, I will have to go to twiiter and see all of this, its bound
to be funny some of the comments.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by jude11

The single mom slip up is really curious, how did she even manage to say that?

Thanks for the OP jude, I will have to go to twiiter and see all of this, its bound
to be funny some of the comments.

I thought the same.

How does someone make that kind of slip-up? Either you are married to the man who fathered your children...or you're not.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
These people are so out of touch with reality

Naw...

They know exactly what they are doing.

S&F

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ah, social media is a beautiful thing at times, isn't it?

Personally, I love that she is getting called out!

I think it would be great if people in positions such as the Obamas, would have to learn from firsthand experience how the 'other half' lives. Give them a limited budget, similar to a real American family, and see how they fare.

I bet that they wouldn't last a month.

S&F
edit on 10-4-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Ah, social media is a beautiful thing at times, isn't it?

Personally, I love that she is getting called out!

I think it would be great if people in positions such as the Obamas, need to learn from firsthand experience how the 'other half' lives. Give them a limited budget, similar to a real American family, and see how they fare.

I bet that they wouldn't last a month.

S&F

She wouldn't have a loose change jar to rely on when the end of that Month comes around.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You're forgetting something here:

They are the First Family after all.

And if you're going to criticize them for taking expensive vacations, you need to look at how much other Presidents spent on vacations.

This is getting ridiculous. What humor?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by jude11

And if you're going to criticize them for taking expensive vacations, you need to look at how much other Presidents spent on vacations.

Not forgetting that the Country is in worse shape than it has ever been, people are losing their homes, jobs, savings and dignity.

Not forgetting that kids are getting refused lunch at school and that many live in cars at night.

If you're ok with a 4.1 million dollar vacation while the Nation is mourning its lost liberties, freedoms and incomes...ok.

The first family? Should lead and not take whatever they can at the cost of everyone else who can't afford a vacation once a year, let alone one every few Months.

Nope, not forgetting anything.

Peace

edit on 10-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

You don't go on vacation while your house is burning down.

They should all be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

reply to post by jude11

You don't go on vacation while your house is burning down.

They should all be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

Unfortunately it's not THEIR house that's burning...it's everyone else who ISN'T on vacation who get to watch their houses burning.

Peace
Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Do The Obamas Really Understand What a Budget is?

No because they think spending is somehow different than "investment".

Oh yeah you can have all the grand ideals they want when its someone else money.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join