join

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I guess congratulations are in order

It's not every day that man breaks world records

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Do you honestly think this budget will pass???

His last budget was voted down 96-0.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Let's put it another way...

It’s simply a fact that real government spending fell in three of President Obama’s first four years.

over Obama’s first term, falling government spending and investment snipped, on average, .11 percentage points of GDP off of (annualized) quarterly growth. During Reagan’s first term, it added .68 percentage points, and during Bush’s first term, it added .52 percentage points.

these graphs simply establish a basic fact about Obama’s term: While deficits have indeed been high, government spending and investment has been falling since 2010.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by jibeho

What?

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms (8 years) of the Bush presidency. It had already gone up $4.939 trillion by this exact time LAST year.

The national debt is expected to top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms. How is that for success?

Someone doesn't know the difference between "deficit" and "debt".

Yes I do. Apparently you can't see the big picture beyond the annual deficit. Debt is an accumulation of Obama's flippin deficits year after year. That is how we will reach $20 trillion in debt. Gimme a break. Now you're just trolling.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

he first president in the nation's history to preside over a federal government that spends more than $4 trillion in one year.

In case some people missed it:

4 TRILLION IN 1 YEAR

Hooorah for taxing and spending us in to oblivion

Aren't just glad he's so dreamy and our Potus?

I know I am I mean really He is really good with money ain't he?

Compared to Bush?
Yeah the mans a thrifty genius.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Enough of the Bush Comparisons. Start comparing to Obama's previous term just has he kept comparing to Bush during his first term. Reality. It's ok to look at Obama with a critical eye. It wont hurt one bit. Like the man but scrutinize his policies and decisions.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Compared to Bush? Yeah the mans a thrifty genius.

There would be the trouble.
Why compare him to another failure, and call him a genius?

If you think Obama is thrifty, you would shudder at what I would do to our nations budget.
If the sequestration has caused woes by spending more than we did last year.... what do you think would happen if we slashed the budget by 20%?

But that is what needs to happen.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I love how spending more than you take in when you are in a financial crisis is .... 'moving in the right direction'.

This poster accuses others of not understanding how things work.

Do you admit that Obama has reduced the deficit every year since 2010?

Do you admit that the current estimates for 2013 will cut the deficit in more than half since 2009?

Do you think these things are bad things or good things????

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes I do. Apparently you can't see the big picture beyond the annual deficit. Debt is an accumulation of Obama's flippin deficits year after year. That is how we will reach $20 trillion in debt. Gimme a break. Now you're just trolling.

So only Obama's deficits are responsible for the debt???

I'm just interested if you are willing to actually admit facts. Do you admit that Obama is reducing the deficits and is on track to cut the deficit in HALF compared to the 2009 deficit???

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I love how spending more than you take in when you are in a financial crisis is .... 'moving in the right direction'.

This poster accuses others of not understanding how things work.

Do you admit that Obama has reduced the deficit every year since 2010?

Do you admit that the current estimates for 2013 will cut the deficit in more than half since 2009?

Oh, you have a great handle on things.

You think it is good to spend more money than we take in, when we are in such horrible financial shape already.
Yes, that is the solution.
You are truly on top of this... Do you balance your budget at home?

Just in case you don't get it YET....
Continued deficit spending when we are in the state that we are in now IS A BAD THING.
edit on 11-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

So continued deficit spending IS THE ANSWER???

That'll solve all our problems! More of the same!!!! Great job, Obama!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Indeed.. I love how people always....always...look to others to justify the bad behavior of this President as an individual. I didn't hear anyone blaming Bill Clinton for anything Bush had to face ..including Bush himself. He had MANY failings (Imagines books the size of the unabridged dictionary to hold that list) but blaming the last guy in a never ending pity party wasn't one of them. The current guy throws the pity parties...along with every other kind of White House party at least once a week it seems.

It's also rather silly to take this seriously anyway. This budget? What budget??? It's useful for only one thing when it comes down to it. Their MINIMUM intentions for spending (not limits...a budget would need to exist for limits to be there) and more importantly, past numbers and past record (Which are likely accurate to the last dime from my own experience in the White House budgets of previous years).

This nation hasn't had a budget passed since early 2009. That was Bush's budget, operating under emergency conditions regarding the housing implosion, the orgy of spending on TARP (Which Obama got 300 million of remaining when he took office ...and promptly spent before demanding the first Stimulus bill) and blowing all time records for near trillion dollar spending. (TARP was pushing close to it.. Recall the "We needed a REALLY big number?)

This whole thing doesn't even address the trillion a year burning out of the Treasury Dept, to the Federal Reserve to buy bad debt and real estate problems. It can't even be taken seriously without that being included.

@ Thread

I have a far more obnoxious graphic to make the point for the thread ... Elmo showing about the same chart. This one is more..dignified though.

Heck of a way to run a country, isn't it?
edit on 11-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Oh, you have a great handle on things.

You think it is good to spend more money than we take in, when we are in such horrible financial shape already.
Yes, that is the solution.
You are truly on top of this... Do you balance your budget at home?

Just in case you don't get it YET....
Continued deficit spending when we are in the state that we are in now IS A BAD THING.

Look at you....can't even answer a simple question.

You are being very illogical. If your concern is that our deficit is too large...shouldn't you be happy that Obama is reducing it? There is absolutely no way to eliminate the deficit in the next 5 years...it just doesn't work like that...there is no plan out there that does that.

But Obama has cut the deficit he was handed in half. Why is it that you can't seem to give him credit for that? When people can't admit that Obama is cutting the deficits, when it is fully backed up by FACTS, it just makes them look like partisan hacks that aren't really interested in actual solutions.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

No, reducing deficits is the answer...which is what Obama is doing.

But you can't seem to admit that Obama is doing exactly what you want him to do. It seems your only argument against him now is that he isn't doing it at an impossible rate and to eliminate the deficit completely in only a few years.

He has cut the deficit in half...be a man and give him credit.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

No, reducing deficits is the answer...which is what Obama is doing.

But you can't seem to admit that Obama is doing exactly what you want him to do. It seems your only argument against him now is that he isn't doing it at an impossible rate and to eliminate the deficit completely in only a few years.

He has cut the deficit in half...be a man and give him credit.

Be a child and say that deficit spending is a good thing, when our national debt actually exceeds our GDP.

Yes, good job Obama. You are still a hero to xedocodex.

But you can't seem to admit that Obama is doing exactly what you want him to do.
Wrong.
Because spending more than we take in is NOT what I want our government to do. Why is it so hard for you to understand that?
edit on 11-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This nation hasn't had a budget passed since early 2009. That was Bush's budget

Yes, that was Bush's budget...which blew up the deficit to 1.4 Trillion dollars.

Since then, Obama has cut that deficit to 973 Billion...with a projection of next year to 744 Billion.

www.usgovernmentspending.com...

Yes, the debt is increasing...that is not an "Obama" problem...that has been the case for a very long time with a very brief pause in that during Clinton's term. For anyone to act outrage that Obama is increasing the debt and calling it "Obama's debt" or claiming that it is how "Obama runs a country", is just out willful ignorance.
edit on 11-4-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Why are you guys arguing over a debt that mostly isn't even the American peoples?

Tell the bankers and politicians to pay for it. I'm not going to try and fight my fellow citizen over something they did not do.

Stop having a slave mentality.

edit on 11-4-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Be a child and say that deficit spending is a good thing, when our national debt actually exceeds our GDP.

Yes, good job Obama. You are still a hero to xedocodex.

No, I'm a logical adult that knows that NO ONE can wave a magic wand and make a 1.4 Trillion deficit completely dissapear in 4 years. I deal with reality and don't judge on black and white basis like you are...with you it is "defict = horrible job"...regardless of progress to eliminating that deficit.

A child is someone who plugs their ears and shuts their eyes when there is something they don't want to be true...like Obama reducing the deficit leading to the goal that you want. A child is someone who can't admit that someoen is succeding because they have a personal irrational hatred of them. A child is someone who will ignore answering a question because they can't admit "the other side" is succedding.

Wrong.
Because spending more than we take in is NOT what I want our government to do. Why is it so hard for you to understand that?

And I don't want anyone to starve in the world...but I realize that is an unrealistic goal to hold anyone to.

No one can erase a 1.4 Trillion deficit in 4 years...that is not how the real world works. It may be how your fantasy world works...but it isn't how the real world works.

The problem is that Obama is REDUCING the deficit...working towards the very thing you want...but it is YOU who are so childish that you can't even admit that this is a good thing.

It's actually very sad to watch.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

a projection of next year to 744 Billion.

Just like Bill Clinton and the Republican Congress 'balanced' the budget.... Where did that get us? Did we ever pay down the debt during that short time where they pretended (and they did pretend) we had a balanced budget? Not if you look at the federal debt.
You can call me a partisan hack. I can't stand any party right now. Especially the two main criminal elements.

Just because you have not seen any of these political train wrecks develop a plan that pays down our debt, doesn't mean that it can't OR shouldn't be done.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

No, I'm a logical adult that knows that NO ONE can wave a magic wand and make a 1.4 Trillion deficit completely dissapear in 4 years. I deal with reality and don't judge on black and white basis like you are...with you it is "defict = horrible job"...regardless of progress to eliminating that deficit.

Well, I can tell you one thing..... you wonderful, logical, super-dee-duper adult.....

You can't pay down ANY accumulated debt by continuing to spend more money than you have coming in.

Tell me that I am in a fantasy world. You need to get with reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join