learn more

Woo Hoo!!! Obama Will Become First President to Spend $4T in One Year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
This afternoon's two minute of Obama hate is brought to you by Fox News and Glenn Beck.

Meanwhile, in the real world...Obama has increased federal spending by the smallest amount of any recent President.

www.npr.org...

But let's not let facts get in our way of the two minute hate. Hate him...argggggg...hate him to the core. It's really funny how 1984 is so accurate in some ways.

Considering npr.org is affiliated with BBG, and Obama was elected to the board in 2009, I some how do not believe those claims.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Bad idea.

Reagan ran a $180 billion deficit with only an overall budget of $925 billion. You do the math and tell me what percentage deficit that is and then tell me why that is a good idea.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by beezzer

Bad idea.

Reagan ran a $180 billion deficit with only an overall budget of $925 billion. You do the math and tell me what percentage deficit that is and then tell me why that is a good idea.

Fine, then just return spending to 1985 levels.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Foreign governments hold about 46 percent of all U.S. debt held by the public, more than $4.5 trillion. The largest foreign holder of U.S. debt is China, which owns more about $1.2 trillion in bills, notes and bonds, according to the Treasury.

In total, China owns about 8 percent of publicly held U.S. debt. Of all the holders of U.S. debt China is the third-largest, behind only the Social Security Trust Fund's holdings of nearly $3 trillion and the Federal Reserve's nearly $2 trillion holdings in Treasury investments, purchased as part of its quantitative easing program to boost the economy.

Criticism of China Owning U.S. Debt

To put China's ownership of U.S. debt in perspective, its holding of $1.2 trillion is even larger than the amount owned by American households. U.S. citizens hold only about $959 billion in U.S. debt, according to the Federal Reserve.

Give or take
www.treasury.gov...

usgovinfo.about.com...
edit on 10-4-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Believe me, I can't stand how much the government spends and how much we have to put into the system just to sustain it......but you have to look at the entire picture before we jump too fast into the smear campaign.

Take a look at the OMB chart at this link.

While spending does increase, so does receipts. Over the term of the budget, the deficit actually lowers considerably from 2012 to 2017.

Realistically, we should expect the numbers to become larger and larger as we factor in inflation and the devaluation of the dollar. But they still manage to bring the deficit numbers down.

So if you guys want to have a "bash Obama circle-jerk"....be my guest. But at least look at the numbers and put it in to proper perspective before you get too far.

Don't interrupt their two minutes of hate with facts...they psychologicall NEED this hate time.

Facts don't matter to a certain crowd...doesn't matter that his budget decreases the deficit...they will find one number that increases and they will stare at it and HATE IT.

It's sad...but also funny. So just sit back and enjoy the show.
edit on 10-4-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

Bad idea.

Please tell me you see the flaw in your logic and you are just being obtuse????

Should we also return population levels and standards of living to 1985 levels as well??? Can we ask the world to return their prices to 1985 levels as well???

Please please please tell me you really don't think like this.

link   

reply to post by beezzer

Bad idea.

Spending....agreed!

link   

This afternoon's two minute of Obama hate is brought to you by Fox News and Glenn Beck.

Meanwhile, in the real world...Obama has increased federal spending by the smallest amount of any recent President.

www.npr.org...

But let's not let facts get in our way of the two minute hate. Hate him...argggggg...hate him to the core. It's really funny how 1984 is so accurate in some ways.

Even though true, your statement is a play on words. Obamas year after year deficit growth is small but in his first term debt added to the yearly defect grew by 1 trillion dollars. So let’s look at averages

Bushes average deficit for 8 years was $250.7 billion yearly.

Obamas average for 5 years is 1.2 trillion yearly.

Whos spending the most money? hummmmm

News sorce from CNN so it must be true in your eyes huh

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...
edit on 10-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Considering npr.org is affiliated with BBG, and Obama was elected to the board in 2009, I some how do not believe those claims.

Of course you don't believe those claims...that would interfere with your cognitive dissonance.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Bad idea.

Please tell me you see the flaw in your logic and you are just being obtuse????

Should we also return population levels and standards of living to 1985 levels as well??? Can we ask the world to return their prices to 1985 levels as well???

Please please please tell me you really don't think like this.

Nope. Return DoD budgets to 1985 levels.

Return domestic spending to 1985 levels.

Unless you are a progressive that seeks to undermine the US as it is.

Do you want the US to fail?

Guess so!
edit on 10-4-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Even though true, your statement is a play on words. Obamas year after year deficit growth is small but in his first term debt added to the yearly defect grew by 1 trillion dollars. So let’s look at averages

His first year wasn't his budget or policies.

Please tell me you know how budgets and government spending work.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

I view this as a catch 22 situation.

On one hand you have the fact that, yes, the deficit is lowering compared to past years.

But on the other you still have a government that spends way too much.

That's not Obama's fault.....it's everyone's fault! The Right spends just as much (when put into proper perspective) and we need to do something to squash this spending-mentality in DC.

So they do have a point. It just doesn't seem to be brought up for the right reasons.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

O so its bushes fault. hummm, i seeeeeeeeee

So if the batteries in your remote control go out, is this something bush might have done? hummm i seeeeee, his fault too, yes yes. ok, yeah I believe you.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nope. Return DoD budgets to 1985 levels.

Return domestic spending to 985 levels.

I'm fine with reducing the DoD budget to 1885 levels if needed.

But you can't cut domestic spending at the same rate...people will starve and die on the streets. This isn't Sim City...this is the real world.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hey come on don't be so critical. He's simply "ballin". Otherwise known as "makin it rain up in here". Maybe our country will get some dope new rims or something. Then you'll feel silly for complaining.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by xedocodex

I view this as a catch 22 situation.

On one hand you have the fact that, yes, the deficit is lowering compared to past years.

But on the other you still have a government that spends way too much.

That's not Obama's fault.....it's everyone's fault! The Right spends just as much (when put into proper perspective) and we need to do something to squash this spending-mentality in DC.

So they do have a point. It just doesn't seem to be brought up for the right reasons.

Agree with you on that one! I dislike both partys at this point.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

O so its bushes fault. I seeeeeeeeee

Who's operating budget was responsible for most of 2009 spending???

And then there is that whole recession thing we had to fix.

But why not just look at the deficit the past few years...contradictory to your rhetoric...it is decreasing.

Here..check the numbers.

www.usgovernmentspending.com...

See any trends??? Bush last three years went from 295 billion to 1.972 Trillion. Obama started with 1.322 Trillion and the 2013 estimate is 973 billion. Like it or not...Obama is bringing the deficit down...and Bush is responsible for it's dramatic increase at the end of his term.

These are called FACTS...unlike rhetoric and propaganda that is the basis of this thread.

edit on 10-4-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'm fine with reducing the DoD budget to 1885 levels if needed.

But you can't cut domestic spending at the same rate...people will starve and die on the streets. This isn't Sim City...this is the real world.

No. People won't die. Nice knee-jerk.

People will just have to relearn how to live without government.

Government isn't the solution to the problem, government is the cause of the problem!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Why not go back to what worked?

Put taxes at 1985 level.

Put spending at 1985 level.

Easy.

That is a brilliant idea Beez. But, that would do away with our progressive leaders' famous catchphrase during the elections. "FORWARD!"

“Forward.”

This has been a catchword of the Obama campaign for some time, it was sounded at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte and now it’s the theme of a minute-long campaign ad that challenges Republican Mitt Romney on both his criticism for the president and his promises for the future.
go.bloomberg.com...

Yep...Forward...into ever increasing debt.....

Des

edit on 10-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I agree, the government spends too much...always has and always will. The Defense budget is the biggest waste of money that we have right now.

But you won't find any of these Obama haters admitting that Obama is lowering the deficit. That goes against every single thing they have been told to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join