Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Woo Hoo!!! Obama Will Become First President to Spend $4T in One Year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Congratulations to Obama on yet another first for his administration (if he gets his way with his budget) doubtful! But, amusing nonetheless. Naturally, his budget is dead in the water but this just sheds more light into his limitless spending mindset!!

In the historical tables it released along with President Barack Obama's fiscal 2014 budget proposal this morning, the White House Office of Management and Budget revealed that in fiscal 2016, under the president's budget proposal, it expects Obama to become the first president in the nation's history to preside over a federal government that spends more than $4 trillion in one year.

According to OMB's tables, the federal government would spend$3.7778 trillion in fiscal 2014 under Obama's budget proposal. It would then spend $3.9801 trillion in fiscal 2015; $4.0898 trillion in fiscal 2016; and $4.2474 trillion in fiscal 2017.

Obama will leave office on Jan. 20, 2017, about four months into fiscal 2017.

In fiscal 2007, according to the OMB's tables, the federal government ran a deficit of $160.7 billion. In fiscal 2008, that climbed to $458.5 billion.

Imagine if his budget was the end all end all? OOOF!! The man is out of touch!!

cnsnews.com...

edit on 10-4-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Bammy and the regime are purposely doing there utmost to destroy the dollar and this nation. They are doing a bang up job of it too.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Many countries were annoyed with America going, "We're #1" all the time.

Thank goodness for Obama!

"We're #7"
"We're #7"
"We're #7"

USA
USA
USA

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Bling bling, baby, bling bling.

Seriously though, that real number is useless without comparing it to other numbers.
Without looking at how much we're taking in, and inflation, it doesn't mean much
Of course all the anti-Obama drones wont' bother considering that.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Seriously though, that real number is useless without comparing it to other numbers.
Without looking at how much we're taking in, and inflation, it doesn't mean much

Please, provide a link, showing us where The Gubbment is taking in more, than they are shoveling out. If you can, then it will prove, our deficit is all a pack of lies...

Des

edit on 10-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

How in the HELL can you make 4 trillion dollars, small?

I swear, the progs are going to twist themselves into pretzels over this!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I swear, the progs are going to twist themselves into pretzels over this!

Come on Beezzer, 4 trillion dollars is only this big { }, no sweat. Ben Bernake can print that in a few days.
edit on 10-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Isn't 4 trillion dollars what a cup of coffee will cost in a few years?

My bad.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Inflation? How's this for inflation?

In fiscal 2007, according to the OMB's tables, the federal government ran a deficit of $160.7 billion. In fiscal 2008, that climbed to $458.5 billion.

How much we're taking in? That is actually one of the biggest hurdles to Obama right now. He needs more sources of revenue because the traditional routes (federal income tax) have dried up when you consider nearly 50% of the nation pays zero in federal income tax. Knowing that, he just keeps on coming up with ways to spend more money. Increase the revenue (with a massive hit to the middle class, which is the only way) and he increases the spending accordingly. What about worthwhile and meaningful cuts? At some point the govt has to stop spending millions just to study why Lesbians have an alcohol abuse problem....

Of course Obama's budget is just part of his pipe dream and will never see the light of day. But, it's his "not my money" mentality that is troubling and that has literally crippled our nation since he first took office. Nothing has changed for the good. The unemployment rate among Blacks in America is practically double the national average and predicted to only get worse....

Lets solve some real problems for a change. Spending like this solves nothing..

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by camaro68ss

Isn't 4 trillion dollars what a cup of coffee will cost in a few years?

My bad.

Naaaaaa...the cost of one round of Presidential Golf.....

Des

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This afternoon's two minute of Obama hate is brought to you by Fox News and Glenn Beck.

Meanwhile, in the real world...Obama has increased federal spending by the smallest amount of any recent President.

www.npr.org...

But let's not let facts get in our way of the two minute hate. Hate him...argggggg...hate him to the core. It's really funny how 1984 is so accurate in some ways.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
This afternoon's two minute of Obama hate is brought to you by Fox News and Glenn Beck.

Meanwhile, in the real world...Obama has increased federal spending by the smallest amount of any recent President.

www.npr.org...

But let's not let facts get in our way of the two minute hate. Hate him...argggggg...hate him to the core. It's really funny how 1984 is so accurate in some ways.

Too bad, due to unemployment...the Obama coffers aren't refilling like they did with past Presidents.....

Des

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

I wouldnt know what they say on those show because i dont watch fox or even get glenn beck. Sounds like you watch them often so ill take your word for it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Heaven forbid that anyone speak against the god-king Xerxes- um, I mean Obama!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Believe me, I can't stand how much the government spends and how much we have to put into the system just to sustain it......but you have to look at the entire picture before we jump too fast into the smear campaign.

Take a look at the OMB chart at this link.

While spending does increase, so does receipts. Over the term of the budget, the deficit actually lowers considerably from 2012 to 2017.

Realistically, we should expect the numbers to become larger and larger as we factor in inflation and the devaluation of the dollar. But they still manage to bring the deficit numbers down.

So if you guys want to have a "bash Obama circle-jerk"....be my guest. But at least look at the numbers and put it in to proper perspective before you get too far.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

By comparing it to the money that we already owe China!
I cant wait to see how much this affects the US dollar.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AstralDjentleman

By comparing it to the money that we already owe China!
I cant wait to see how much this affects the US dollar.

I may be wrong, but I believe our internal debt is far greater than what we may owe to foreign debt.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Raise the minimum wage to $9.95/Hour

Keep taxes the same for the rich.

Then slowly raise taxes on the middle class over 10 years.

Eventually there's a large pool to grab from in the middle class.

Inflation makes the debt seem smaller

The top 5% might not improve much, but in the long term, it should boost consumption and they'll start to reek the benefits.

win-win-win ? This allows us to keep on with this craZy budget?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Correct.

From what I understand, most of the debt is owed to the American people in the form of bonds and such.

Very little of our debt is owned by foreign entities.
edit on 10-4-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Why not go back to what worked?

Put taxes at 1985 level.

Put spending at 1985 level.

Easy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join