It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Mexico can be a gateway for China to enter North America, the world’s richest market,”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
the chinese already own a port in california,. what do they need mexico for?
besides,. practically everything bought in the US has Chinese labels on it..

they are already here,. thanks to another president in it for his own benefit.
seems to be a trend

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Is the EU not the words biggest market?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by frazzle

Can you just imagine how fast that fence will go up if Mexico becomes a BRICS nation? The only question would be which side would go up first, Mexico's fence to keep Americans out or the US's fence to keep Americans in.

Sometimes when I hear the talk from the US (the media, some of the government, and even some of the ATS members), about the "enemies" that are China and Russia, I'm surprised that there isn't a huge fence (like the Great Wall of China) on the Canada US border.

We're friends with both countries

I'd have to put mainstream media in the hottest of hot seats for the way Americans tend to think of other countries and ideas. Free and independent press, what a hoot. We're fed a steady diet of distrust, fear and loathing for every other place and thing in the world along with a stiff dose of American exceptionalism for a chaser. Obviously not all of us buy it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
the chinese already own a port in california,. what do they need mexico for?
besides,. practically everything bought in the US has Chinese labels on it..

they are already here,. thanks to another president in it for his own benefit.
seems to be a trend

Who knows whether it was China or Mexico that made the initial inquiry about more collaboration between the two countries? But we'd have to assume that the agreement would go much further than a label or two, or a port, or two.

And keep in mind that everything currently bought in the US that's made in China is sold for dollars and this isn't about dollars, as scary as that might seem at first glance.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Yes, you seem like one of the more sensible posters here. Not thinking everyone else is an enemy.

The other thread I've got open and just started to read, is : North Korea, a theory (a possible trap involving Russia and China). The discussion seems to be that they're both going to attack the US.

Sometimes I don't know what to think
Countries need to just get along with each other.
It's a global community now - we all need each other.

Canada should just be the new Switzerland and remain totally neutral

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I honestly dont care either way,.
we are all migrant workers payin bills and the federal moneytrap

edit on 10-4-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by frazzle

Yes, you seem like one of the more sensible posters here. Not thinking everyone else is an enemy.

The other thread I've got open and just started to read, is : North Korea, a theory (a possible trap involving Russia and China). The discussion seems to be that they're both going to attack the US.

Sometimes I don't know what to think
Countries need to just get along with each other.
It's a global community now - we all need each other.

Canada should just be the new Switzerland and remain totally neutral

Well thanks for saying that, very often I think others must see my ideas as loony tunes. What's worse, sometimes they're probably right.

That said, I have no problem at all with being part of a global community, except for the idea of a World Trade Organization standing there with a whip usurping the choices and options of everyone. No group should dictate with whom a nation buys or sells and for how much of whatever currency they agree upon. That is a very bad plan!! Wow, that was poorly worded but I'm too tired to care.

As far as Canada is concerned, I'd be fine with a great big Switzerland to the north, I'd just like to see the First Nations peoples treated more fairly than they are. Of course that's a personal thing.

I've read your other thread, not sure if I opened my big yap over there, though.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by frazzle

I honestly dont care either way,.
we are all migrant workers payin bills and the federal moneytrap

edit on 10-4-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

I don't believe you. If you didn't care you wouldn't be here.

2nd

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Poppycock on illegals driving down wages.

Where did you get this information?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Yeah, I stayed out out of that other thread. Couple of people reminded others that this isn't the cold war anymore.

Canada's in bed with so many countries economically, we should be neutral.
We're probably a huge gateway as well, for Chinese goods coming in.
I remember after drinking at the bar one night years ago, I was just 19, and a few of us went aboard one of the Chinese cargo ships docked in North Vancouver. Lol. We got chased off by the crew - they were in their pajamas. Fun night. Memories.

I too would like it if Harper fixed our First Nations issues, my son is half West Coast Salish. Harper used to try to preach to China about human rights issues, and they'd throw it right back at him, about the First Nations.

Actually, there was a large law suit one of the bands recently won, they're getting a huge monetary settlement for a mishandled treaty to do with a large part of Winnipeg.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

For some of us the world wars and the cold war will never be over, still placing blame on the descendants of people who're long dead. Its a great thing to learn from history but it doesn't make sense to try to relive it, especially when we only know the parts of it that are acceptable according to our teachings, which are seldom even handed or true. There are always two sides to a story and its hard to say which is worse in denying the other side of it, organized religion or organized education.

So in real terms, whether its Canada or China or the US or anywhere else in the world, we're all living in glass houses that are surrounded by stones and people are so focused on throwing those stones at somebody else for long past crimes they don't stop to think about how they're all messing it up for the next generations. And when it comes to the indigenous peoples of the world NO body has a clean track record, then or now. Where's the reset button?

Was the Winnipeg deal part of the "Idle No More" movement? I followed that on and off for a while during Chief Spence's hunger strike and that's over now but I don't know for sure or what the outcome was or if its an ongoing thing. My family hasn't lived in Canada for a couple generations now so I'm not good about staying informed.

The bottom line for me is that no one knows the motives or intent of BRICS, but unless its given a chance we'll never know and no one seems to have any better ideas. What we do know is the system we have now is, without a doubt, an utter and complete failure for all of humanity and it has to end, one way or the other.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I think the Winnipeg thing was separate from the "idle no more" movement, but the movement may have brought it to light again. The treaties that were mishandled are an ongoing thing (I think).

The BRICS nations and the possible monetary system might not be such a bad thing, as long as everyone learns to get along and follow trade rules.
I don't know enough about the global money system to even understand why everything has to be based on the US money first. It's confusing enough, that as soon as I start to think about it, I develop a huge mental block

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

If you want an idea of current tribal lawsuits against the US, just search for American Indian lawsuits in the US 2013. It will blow your mind! The movement I was most involved with was the Republic of Lakotah in the Dakotas several years back and although it wasn't exactly a lawsuit, it was also about broken treaties and reclaiming land. Hot stuff for a couple of years but unfortunately it went nowhere. Long story.

I don't know what the trade rules of BRICS will be. Heck, I'm not sure they have any real rules yet. So far it sounds like expanded trade deals with various countries using a variety of currencies, but opening it up to more Yuan, I think.

The Bretton Woods Treaty is probably the best document for finding out what made the dollar the reserve currency and, IMO, that was the whole motive and driving force behind WWII: bringing the world under a centralized money power, soon to be followed by centralized international law powers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join