It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Mexico can be a gateway for China to enter North America, the world’s richest market,”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
~ said Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto.

thebricspost.com...

Posted to give everyone a break from the "Oh God, NK is going to destroy us all"

Interesting it is that MSM has been mum on what's going on with our friends south of the border:

“It (Mexico) can also be a point of access to several countries in Central America and the Caribbean,” said the president, who is scheduled to attend the 2013 Boao Forum for Asia in China on April 6-8.

Can you just imagine how fast that fence will go up if Mexico becomes a BRICS nation? The only question would be which side would go up first, Mexico's fence to keep Americans out or the US's fence to keep Americans in.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Except that I don't think Mexico would want to be aligned with any of those BRICS nations.
From what I have experienced.

Of course Money talks.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by frazzle

Except that I don't think Mexico would want to be aligned with any of those BRICS nations.
From what I have experienced.

Of course Money talks.

Reading the link doesn't give that impression at all. They're already in BRICS negotiations.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Mexico can't be a BRICS nation because it starts with the letter "M" and there are no cool acronyms if you include them CRIMBS... SMICBS... but on a serious note, Mexico produces more oil than a lot of people probably realize, and it would probably be in Mexico's best interest to join BRICS. China doesn't need a gateway into North America because China already owns the US, and all of the Mexicans coming north over our open boarders are driving down the wages here in the US, by design of course.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Not only china- but anyone else who doesnt belong here.

Close the damned border.

Theres no reason to spend all that money we do on fighting terrorism across the world when we have
the flood gate open on our own borders. Especially; when the country next to us is controlled by cartels.

It makes no sense at all. None.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by frazzle

Mexico can't be a BRICS nation because it starts with the letter "M" and there are no cool acronyms if you include them CRIMBS... SMICBS... but on a serious note, Mexico produces more oil than a lot of people probably realize, and it would probably be in Mexico's best interest to join BRICS. China doesn't need a gateway into North America because China already owns the US, and all of the Mexicans coming north over our open boarders are driving down the wages here in the US, by design of course.

Good points. I chuckled over the acronym comment.

But Americans aren't owned by China, they're owned by the Federal Reserve so it might be in their interest to keep an open mind about a currency in their neighborhood that operates as a public utility instead of as a debt instrument.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

So while the IMF countries - (I 'M F***ed) - go down the drain the BRICS build a new model out of sight and out of mind. Just love this. So Russia "lost" the "Cold" war and wins the "Gold" war.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
No matter how much people want the world to operate by their standards....

It doesn't. Get used to being controlled by unscrupulous moneybags that care nothing about honor, national boundries or the way it used to be. The power structures have changed and it's a brave new world.

If you want to operate in the current OS, then educate yourself about how it REALLY works and jump in.

No one is listening to your whining. The world is changing rapidly; keep up or get out of the way!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

No one is listening to your whining. The world is changing rapidly; keep up or get out of the way!!!

I'm whining? Wait, according to my mirror I'm grinning ...

Yep, the world is changing and its about damn time!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guenter
reply to post by frazzle

So while the IMF countries - (I 'M F***ed) - go down the drain the BRICS build a new model out of sight and out of mind. Just love this. So Russia "lost" the "Cold" war and wins the "Gold" war.

(I 'M F***ed). Love it!!

And yes, the gold war is at hand.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I heard a few years ago, that there was supposed to be a "super port" going in, somewhere around the west coast, a little bit south of the Mexican border.
The hwy from there was supposed to stretch all the way into Canada, connecting to Winnipeg.
I haven't heard anything about it for a couple of years now.

All about goods and trading.

Found something about it on wiki. Don't know if it still might happen or not.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-4-2013 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by frazzle

I heard a few years ago, that there was supposed to be a "super port" going in, somewhere around the west coast, a little bit south of the Mexican border.
The hwy from there was supposed to stretch all the way into Canada, connecting to Winnipeg.
I haven't heard anything about it for a couple of years now.

All about goods and trading.

Found something about it on wiki. Don't know if it still might happen or not.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-4-2013 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

Yeah, that's the North America Union, which seems to be a mirror image of the European Union and was supposed to the culmination of NAFTA, CAFTA and GATT. I think its more driven by the UN along with the Chamber of Commerce than anything. We know how messed up the EU is lately.

Anyway, there's not been too much going on with NAU that I know about since this last winter and the crashing economy has probably put a dent in their plans. Anyway, I guess Mexican President Nieto was onboard with the NAU, at least until recently, but NAFTA has done a real number on the Mexican economy and their current interest in BRICS is new to me, but it makes a lot of sense.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

The superport and trade agreements could still go on (I think) without the NAU. I thought the port was just a way to handle heavier traffic. With the financial situation globally right now though....

I don't think Canada wants anything to do with a NAU anymore, not with the US having so many seemingly unfixable problems. Too many differences between the way both the countries function.

I think Harper was also checking out increasing Canada's trade with the BRIC countries also. I remember hearing something about him needing to negotiate stronger ties. Makes sense financially. With Mexico getting stronger with manufacturing, it makes sense for them too

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by frazzle

The superport and trade agreements could still go on (I think) without the NAU. I thought the port was just a way to handle heavier traffic. With the financial situation globally right now though....

I don't think Canada wants anything to do with a NAU anymore, not with the US having so many seemingly unfixable problems. Too many differences between the way both the countries function.

I think Harper was also checking out increasing Canada's trade with the BRIC countries also. I remember hearing something about him needing to negotiate stronger ties. Makes sense financially. With Mexico getting stronger with manufacturing, it makes sense for them too

Whoa, I didn't know Canada was considering BRICS membership so I did a little search and by gosh, they are!!! Thanks for bringing me up to speed on that.

Agreed, signing on to BRICS wouldn't hamper a port, matter of fact it makes more sense for them to do it that way than being tied to the US dollar since its so close to a free fall thanks to sequestration. But it would probably put the kibosh on a super highway through the US. Not sure how that would work.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I'm not sure if it was membership, or just much stronger trading ties. I know we already have strong economic ties with China and India, we're friendly with Russia, and Harper takes a lot of trips to Brazil.
We had to branch out in our trading partners - the US slowed down its spending

As for the superhwy through the US, that doesn't seem to be happening unless the infrastructure gets some work.
Probably just trucking as usual.

I wonder if the world needs to be more financially stable, to get more money spent, for more trade to happen, to build the superport?

Maybe the next US government will be able to fix the country's woes...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I guess the word membership was the wrong way to put it, mostly its just trade agreements using OTHER than the US reserve currency, at least at this point in time, although apparently they are working out the details on creating a BRICS currency.

China has been expanding trade all over the place pretty much under the radar for a while now. The most recent one I know about was the agreement between Australia and China signed just this week (April 8). www.thetimes.co.uk...

I don't know much about Russia's dealings. Should check it out, huh?

Sad to say, nothing will fix this country's woes until we ditch the debt based currency that's circulated as a loan at interest by private bankers who do not print enough to pay the interest on that debt. Its been building for over a hundred years and it has ruined us. No administration, however well intentioned, can operate outside the boundaries of the too big to fail banks until they are completely disbanded.

edit on 10-4-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The Chinese don't need Mexico I think..

As I recall a couple of municipalities voted the superhiway could not go through their territories..
However the Chinese can get their fake Nikes and real EMP bombs through the recently gifted panama canal, by rail and road right through to kansa city via american ports.

They also have 50 sqr mi sovreign in Missouri, and special work visas to boot

you got wally world down there, you got COSCO too?
(chinese over seas shipping co. )
please note all the cheap chinee on your shelves at present

edit on 10-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Not only china- but anyone else who doesnt belong here.

Close the damned border.

Theres no reason to spend all that money we do on fighting terrorism across the world when we have
the flood gate open on our own borders. Especially; when the country next to us is controlled by cartels.

It makes no sense at all. None.

The cartels wouldn't have a market on this side of the border if no one wanted their goods. Its that old business adage, find a need and fill it. There's no need like an addiction. Fix that and the world will beat a path to your door for the cure, you'll be a bazillionaire.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
The Chinese don't need Mexico I think..

As I recall a couple of municipalities voted the superhiway could not go through their territories..
However the Chinese can get their fake Nikes and real EMP bombs through the recently gifted panama canal, by rail and road right through to kansa city via american ports.

I didn't know that but its not surprising.

They also have 50 sqr mi sovreign in Missouri, and special work visas to boot

you got wally world down there, you got COSCO too?
(chinese over seas shipping co. )
please note all the cheap chinee on your shelves at present

edit on 10-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

There's just nothing that'll tick off a capitalist more than a communist who has a better grasp on capitalism. j/k

And keep in mind, they did it all using our own ridiculous money system. That's gotta smart.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Can you just imagine how fast that fence will go up if Mexico becomes a BRICS nation? The only question would be which side would go up first, Mexico's fence to keep Americans out or the US's fence to keep Americans in.

Sometimes when I hear the talk from the US (the media, some of the government, and even some of the ATS members), about the "enemies" that are China and Russia, I'm surprised that there isn't a huge fence (like the Great Wall of China) on the Canada US border.

We're friends with both countries

top topics

<<   2 >>

join