It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Cydonia connection with Avebury UK- Evidence of life on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hi All,

In light of recent discoveries by the Curiosity rover on Mars, there seems to be more and more compelling evidence that there was once life on the red planet.

I for one am a beleiver that not only was there life on Mars, but there very well could have been intelligent life to the extent that it's possible this planet may even have effectively been colonised by martians.

I'm not saying I firmly beleive this to be the case, just that I beleive it could be possible, and the link below reinforces that theory in my mind.

I mean come on... the same markings in the same place, on the same scale, and on the same Lat & Long?? It could of course mean the opposite of what I'm suggesting, that the pagans that built these places were actually copying Cydonia, but that would suggest either some incredibly advanced knowledge & tech, or that these people may have actually been in contact with alien life.

The link i've posted isn't the most comprehensive, but I chose it because at the bottom it has links to other sites with more info. If you're still interested and haven't stopped reading this post yet, I tried google mapping Avebury, and I found a few 'crop circle' type things in the area that coincide with/ match sacred goemetry type seals that I've seen before.

It's only my opinion however, so feel free to tear this theory to peices at your own will. Apologies if this is already us somewhere, I did a search but couldnt see it.

I hope some of you find this as fascinating as I do anyway

Avebury, UK- Cydonia, Mars Connection

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That is quite fascinating. I love reading on stuff like this even if it is proven incorrect at some point. It is really interesting the similarities to the 2 sites on different planets. Thanks for the thread!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper62

seems to be more and more compelling evidence that there was once life on the red planet

compelling evidence of life ??
Did I miss some very important news

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Or, with respect, it could be another case of " Pareidolia ".

( Loosely, recognising familiar objects in random, naturally occurring environments.)

A bit like the " Face " on Mars, which is nothing more than a rock formation, which our
brains interpret as something familiar, a face.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So because you are able to roughly match up a couple of dots on 2 landscapes this proves life how?

Are you suggesting there was an ancient race on Mars that made a couple of mounds of dirt and then..flew all the way to our planet and made a few mounds of dirt that are roughly at the same angle as the one on Mars other nowhere near the same size or shape..? For some unknown reason..?

IDK , im totally confused as to why one thing is supposed to equal another.

edit on 10-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That is quite compelling actually thanks for sharing it.

I noticed this is right where the Cherhill "White Horse" is. And it seems that the hills match up with the location (possibly) of hills at Cydonia as well.

Here is the wiki on Cherhill White Horse, with photographs showing how huge this hill actually is.

Plus notice how they tossed an obelisk on top of it for their sun god?

Also here is a link for Avebury in case anyone doesn't know and wants to know more about it.
edit on 10-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This isn't really proof of anything.

You could take a sample snapshot of any geographic region of any planet and simply scroll around the earth until you find something that matches and say "VIOLA" this is proof because they are similar.

Go to a place that has a lot of rocks on the ground and pick out a little 1ft. by 1ft. section. Memorize the rock pattern than simply walk around and see how long it takes you to find another 1ft. by 1ft. section that has a similar pattern.

Proof of something weird or a coincidence?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
This isn't really proof of anything.

You could take a sample snapshot of any geographic region of any planet and simply scroll around the earth until you find something that matches and say "VIOLA" this is proof because they are similar.

Go to a place that has a lot of rocks on the ground and pick out a little 1ft. by 1ft. section. Memorize the rock pattern than simply walk around and see how long it takes you to find another 1ft. by 1ft. section that has a similar pattern.

Proof of something weird or a coincidence?

I favor the concept of chaos.

Therefore I posit it is 100% impossible to ever find a perfectly replicated segment (due to natural causation without intelligent input).

It will always be random and different, and there are infinite variations it can assume.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Fair enough so luckily for me the evidence in the OP is not a 100% replica.

As to your theory though I would argue that molecular structure is a 100% replica of each other which is why water looks like water and minerals look like minerals...wherever in the world you go.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wauw that is a weird coincidence...

Thanks for sharing.

Makes me think, any chance Peter Gabriels Solsbury Hill song was really about Silbury Hill?
Read the text:

"Solsbury Hill"

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I do however see a problem with this , it sounds familiar , it sounds familiar because Prof David Percy is in league with Richard C. Hoagland .

I remember seeing an interview a few years ago with Hoaxland where he's spitting all these numbers out and coming to conclusions that to me (not a mathematician) made no sense .

Trying to connect Avebury with the rock formation at Cydonia is beyond silly .... Sorry but it makes no logical sense.
In my opinion Mars did have life a couple of billion of years ago but it didn't get the chance or time to evolve past the simple creature stage before Mars lost its shield and became the planet we know today .

Richard Hoagland presents an elaborate study by professor David Percy during of a conference to university of Bradford in the Yorkshire in September 1996. This study demonstrates the connection between the site of Cydonia on Mars planet, the crop circle and megalithic sites of Avebury, Gastonbury and Stonehenge.

frenzy.chez.com...

Or is it more the case that David Percy is the driving force behind Richard Hoagland

David Percy supplied all the original graphics and computer images which enabled Richard Hoagland to bring to the world's attention at the United Nations HQ the remarkable discoveries made on Mars over 30 years ago.
www.aulis.com...

edit on 10-4-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Interesting thread OP! Star and Flag.

I think the possibility that Mars was very different millions of years ago, than it is today - is a very probable. Who is to know if the planet that created the asteroid belt didn't cause a large collision on Mars, sending Mars and it's life to Earth and panspermia transpired. As likely as so many other theories out there.

As to intelligent life - I don't know. I suspect that if they had colonized here we'd have evidence and anomalies "out of time" and feats that are impossible without advance technology. We'd have stories of ancient civilizations with advanced technology and amazing science. Oh wait.... We do!

Side note: Welcome to ATS, congratulations on what I think was a well written and interesting thread.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Fair enough so luckily for me the evidence in the OP is not a 100% replica.

As to your theory though I would argue that molecular structure is a 100% replica of each other which is why water looks like water and minerals look like minerals...wherever in the world you go.

Ok I will just dive in than.

First I will link to you the discussion on Identical Particles

There are two ways in which one might distinguish between particles. The first method relies on differences in the particles' intrinsic physical properties, such as mass, electric charge, and spin. If differences exist, we can distinguish between the particles by measuring the relevant properties. However, it is an empirical fact that microscopic particles of the same species have completely equivalent physical properties. For instance, every electron in the universe has exactly the same electric charge; this is why we can speak of such a thing as "the charge of the electron".

Even if the particles have equivalent physical properties, there remains a second method for distinguishing between particles, which is to track the trajectory of each particle. As long as we can measure the position of each particle with infinite precision (even when the particles collide), there would be no ambiguity about which particle is which.

So this really begins to boil down to a matter of philosophy and logic.

Here is the article on Spin.
Fermion vs Boson

So really the truth appears to reside in a balance between the chaotic and ordering forces of nature.
Often times we can distinguish atoms through differentiation methods, just as we do apples or people.

Apples are a good metaphor actually.

Ok, have you ever seen any two apples that were the exact same in every detail? Or were they all slightly different, even if from the same tree/species/family?

What about tree leaves, have you ever seen the same tree leaf repeated before? I haven't.

Snowflakes , cloud formations in the sky, etc etc etc.

Sure, maybe these things can repeat, but no one has proven that as a fact yet.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You have completely transcended my knowledge with this post.

I have to give the win to you!

Thanks for the information though, you learn something new everyday on ATS.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's unbelievable that more people interested in the subject of ancient structures don't seem to know about Carl Munck and The Code.

I am not sure some of you will have an open enough mind or you will even be able to understand this but everyone should be forced to watch this video. He proves without a doubt in my mind that our ancestors used an alternate mathematical system which was incorporated into ALL ancient monuments, linking them all. This is hardcore mathematical proof, end of story. Anyone that cannot be bothered to watch this or try to understand it really has NO clue what they are missing. This is a gigantic piece of the puzzle and I am astonished it is not more revered. In fact everyone I ask, they never even heard of Carl Munck.

Oh and by the way, one more thing. He proves 100% positively WITHOUT A DOUBT using the grid latitudes and ancient mathematics, that Cydonia is linked DIRECTLY with Giza. It is on the EXACT same grid latitude. I am not here to argue with nonsensical people that are going to write this off as BS after watching the first 5 minutes. These types of people have a closed mind and are brainwashed to believe everything they have learned in school is truth, and that authority figures would NEVER lie to us...Might as well be arguing with a wall. I am posting this because I am positive this will blow some of you away just like it blew me away the first time I have seen this.

You need to have a brain that is capable of understanding basic to complex mathematics, or you just wont get this.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

There was a 3rd part, but it seems to have been removed from Youtube.

And for all you skeptics and debunkers on the payroll, good luck fighting solid mathematics and disproving this one.

edit on 10-4-2013 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by roncoallstar
Oh and by the way, one more thing. He proves 100% positively WITHOUT A DOUBT using the grid latitudes and ancient mathematics, that Cydonia is linked DIRECTLY with Giza. It is on the EXACT same grid latitude.

Well, there's "exact," which is "kind of close if you fudge it just the right way and ignore some things and allow for decay over time," and there's the level of "exact" you should expect from a highly advanced interplanetary culture.

For instance, The Face on Mars is located at approximately 40.75 north latitude, depending on where you measure it. The apex of the Great Pyramid of Giza is located at 29.97661 north latitude, give or take a few inches. I'm not seeing the connection.

edit on 10-4-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hey guys thanks for all the debate on this, I wasn't sure if anyone else would be interested. If i ever come across any other wierd stuff like this I'll be sure to share!

I totally get it sounds unbeleiveable, and like i said it's just an opinion of mine that it seems more than coincidence but i knew not everyone would see it the same way. I just think as a race we are so small, so incignificant and so naive when it comes to the universe in general, there must be stuff out there that we dont understand yet and that includes alien life, so I personally like to keep an open mind on this stuff.

Muzzleflash- I too am a strong believer in chaos theory, i love looking at the clouds or the branches on a tree to see the natural world replicating itself albeit with imperfections. By the way i love your avatar, do you know what vessel that is? and what are those, 14,15 inch guns? nuts!

Phoenix, in response to your quote

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Are you suggesting there was an ancient race on Mars that made a couple of mounds of dirt and then..flew all the way to our planet and made a few mounds of dirt that are roughly at the same angle as the one on Mars other nowhere near the same size or shape..? For some unknown reason..?

edit on 10-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm saying. Well, that there's a possiblity of that. I'm not claiming to know it's legit and not just a coincidence, I'd just like to beleive that it's possible, seeing as we know so little about Mars, and about the people who built the likes of Avebury & Stonehenge.

cheers guys

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

seems to be more and more compelling evidence that there was once life on the red planet

Apologies I'll try and find some links to show you what i mean. I may not have articulated it very well..

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

Here's a couple of links to what i was reffering to;

www.redorbit.com... phere-thinning-curiosity-040813/

www.dailygalaxy.com... /2013/03/mars-curiosity-infrared-probe-shows-more-evidence-of-water.html

I didnt mean they found evidence of life, just that Mars seemed to have all the right ingredients for it, like our planet does at the moment.

thanks,

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

From your link

Cydonia is on the prime meridian on Mars, then what is on the prime meridian of Earth? It goes through England; the island of Britain.

Who decided that the prime meridian on Mars is there? The prime meridian is the 0 degree longitude line or the Greenwich line for GMT which is only there because of this.

The Greenwich Meridian was chosen as the Prime Meridian of the World in 1884. Forty-one delegates from 25 nations met in Washington DC for the International Meridian Conference. By the end of the conference, Greenwich had won the prize of Longitude 0º by a vote of 22 to 1 against (San Domingo), with 2 abstentions (France and Brazil).

There were two main reasons for the choice. The first was the fact that the USA had already chosen Greenwich as the basis for its own national time zone system. The second was that in the late 19th century, 72% of the world's commerce depended on sea-charts which used Greenwich as the Prime Meridian.

Have you checked the angles given ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join