It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: The coming washout in Gold and Silver is likely imminent.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The "Washout" continues...Sunday night: Gold has been down over $70 and Silver over $2. Panic selling for a temporary low on the opening tomorrow (Mon).

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I was thinking of investing in precious metals, with the way the economy is going right now, but if you're right, then I don't really know what to do now.

I'm a firm believe in investing in precious metals, it just happens that the metals precious to me are lead & brass. When is the last time you seen the price of firearm ammunition go down?

When SHTF happens beans, bullets and butt wipes will be more valuable than gold or silver. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Yep, this is exactly what is going on, as a run on physical gold
and silver is now taking place.

investmentwatchblog.com... in-which-all-the-worlds-major-currencies-are-collapsing-together

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

Yeah, I agree. I stockpile lots of ammo, rice, beer and seeds myself

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
An important thread, have been hoping for something along these lines. I read it will go down substantially to flush out the panic seller and then go so high it will be untouchable. Coincides with dollar devaluation.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Also from you link, a one wold currency:

investmentwatchblog.com... in-which-all-the-worlds-major-currencies-are-collapsing-together/

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
We are not yet at the metaphorical "throwing their gold and silver in to the streets." but we may open $100 lower in Gold this morning (futures pit opening). So far Gold has been under $1400 and Silver under $23......as the washout continues (but I expect a rebound after the sharply lower opening....and we should close higher tomorrow).

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
add another factor into the equasion... thr largest US open pit mine run by Rio Tinto & processing copper along with silver & other rare earth metals has collapsed ---with no loss of life---

link: silverdoctors.com...-25002

if one has silver keep ahold of it...if your buying coins or small bars then expect the costs to rise for physical possession... even as the spot-price on PM is like a falling knife.

i find it very unnerving that the Cyprus crisis Z& model for bank account seizures happened as several trend forecasters said 'something' will happen in around April 2013 affecting the money/currency situation...

then lo & behold the largest producer of copper/silver in the USA has its metals resource shut down because of a mine collapse ---also in April !

strange coincidence or was there underground disruptions to cause the avalanch of the Rio Tinto mine as planned... so that even as gold & silver proces collapse... the higher cost of these PMs make then common man reluctant to purchase & hold physical gold silver PM

but of course ...the rich elites can sway the dealers about the overly high Premium Price
in fact if there were enough dollars involved the dealer may just erase the Premium altogether to sell say 5 million Silver Eagles at their cost plus $1 ea or else be holding hundred$ of million$ in $ilver losse$ as the spot price plummets further

there is a great stripping away of wealth going on here and now

fortunately i have already settled two small buying contracts and am awaiting delivery (cross my fingers)
made weeks ago before the April PM crisis' started

related to the April trend forecast of a money/currency collapse issued last fall 2012 by persons like jim willy:

goldsilverworlds.com...
edit on 15-4-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Gold down into the 1360s as the buyers are apparently waiting for the margin liquidation to be over before they step up. Premiums are (predictably) increasing but it is not as bad as it was in 2008.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Reuters is calling this "washout" the worst 2 day drop in 30 years!
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
silver passed 10% down for the day yet no circuit breakers?

god forbit JPM falls 10% in a day, the whole market would close for a week.
edit on 15-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
One strategy to counter the tight physical supplies at these "on sale" price levels for spot would be to buy futures contracts to lock in the price as a bonafide hedge for a future physical purchase. When the price gets back up to around $1700 for gold and $30 for silver and physical supplies and concomitant premiums become more normal then you can offset the futures at a profit and buy the actuals. If not a bonafide hedge then there would be a tax liability on the futures profit sale but the rate is less than for actual precious metals which are taxed as "collectibles" and not "capital". Talk to your tax advisor about how to indicate the trade as a bonafide hedge (I would suggest that a) you elect that box for metals on your new account form with a broker or make an amendment if you already have an account and it is not designated), b) I would email the brokerage firm and indicate that you are putting on the trade as a "hedge" (keep a copy) and is there anything else that you need to do.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Re "Hedging" Strategies: If you are short futures positions to hedge against long physical positions (to counter losses on the long side) then you should consider closing them starting today (possibly scale down). The short hedge against long metals btw is a much easier hedge strategy to sell to the irs so that your short futures hedges gains are countered tax-wise with by the physical long position loss on paper.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

it makes no sense at all that demand is overwhelming, the physical supply very short...for Silver to be declining in price

That's because the banks are flooding the market with paper positions on these precious metals.... and it is producing the "Illusion" that supply is greater than demand.

But this Fiat "Gold" (Paper) that is being pushed into the system by the hundreds of tons is just there to try to shake the price down so they can buy more of it.

The Demand for gold and silver hasn't diminished.

And the supply hasn't suddenly increased.

What has happened is that the Goldsmiths are over-printing and circulating Gold Certificates again. (Backed by nothing)

The precious metals market is saturated by FIAT Gold certificates right now.... it'll wash out, and Gold and silver SPOT will be on the rise again.... The demand for gold hasn't gone away.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thanks for telling us about this, good call.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

www.thedailybell.com...

Does the above somehow help.?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It would be helpful to remember the world of LONG TERM. The Rothchild's did not gain control of the economies of the planet by SELLING, they did so by BUYING!

Regular people always panic, always, while those at the top start panics among the regular people with everything from a selling spree to kick it off, to talking head reports on tv.

I cannot grasp why people cannot understand this: panic selling means someone is buying!!!!!! The day things sell and no one buys, everyone everywhere is in huge trouble. Right now, my guess is major planetary players started selling some of their stash, at a loss on purpose, only to come back and buy the their own stuff - admittedly at a loss, and all the panic sheeple's stuff too, only to rule over the fearful plebes they induced into selling.

The planetary economic cycle is 100 years, 100 years, factor in that when you try to figure out why home-based day traders don't seem to do all that well, and the Rothchild's do well no matter what.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Gold and silver smack down still in full swing after hours. All I can say is wow. A big event is at hand! I'm guessing a global central bank intervention and money pump.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

panic selling means someone is buying!!!!!!

Yes, this is a very good point.

An amazingly good point...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

The investment demand for physical is going up ("blue light special on aisle 2") but at the same time industrial demand is slowly (precursor to and concomitant with the economy slowing)....but mostly it is the derivatives (futures and options) "supply" (mostly long liquidation) that is weighing on prices.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join