It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial structure found under Sea of Galilee maybe altar built for God!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
See this verse:

Exodus 20:25
And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone,thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.

From the news article:
The mysterious structure is cone shaped, made of unhewn basalt cobbles and boulders, and weighs an estimated 60,000 tons

Source:
news.yahoo.com...

If the archaeological find did turn out to be from Exodus 20:25 then we'll also find that the early believers took God's commands very seriously!
edit on 10-4-2013 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It MAY be an altar to god, but it also MAY be a place where cavemen played legos or jenga. You'll never know.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Already on previous thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

So they find a pile of rocks and you link it to a god ? hmmm reaching a bit there arent ya ? Good luck with that .

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I thought I made this topic on a "Religious and Theology" subforum not "God does not exist" subforum.

Please respect our beliefs!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
Already on previous thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, but it wasn't presented in a religious context.

Here, I tried to connect a Bible verse to it to try to have a religious discussion about it which you cannot have in that other thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It is most likely an ancient altar. This is exciting ! I'd like to see what comes of it, but most likely it will go silent. It's not the thing these days to speak of God anymore. Maybe they'll dig up some interesting relics from this.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
It is most likely an ancient altar. This is exciting ! I'd like to see what comes of it, but most likely it will go silent. It's not the thing these days to speak of God anymore. Maybe they'll dig up some interesting relics from this.

Nothing much if this is indeed the altars described in the Old Testament, maybe bones of animals that were sacrificed or none at all.

top topics

join