It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to STOP Police From Getting Out of Control at Traffic Stop USE Mini Cameras In Your Car

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Did I ever claim that I wasn't aware? Did I ever say it wasn't happening? No, it was a personal experience and have never had any problems in all my 3 or so traffic stops. So it is hard to see for me the "massive" or "systemic" abuse.

I repeat - if you are not seeing it, you're not paying attention. There is no excuse, zero, for the conduct of police in the US today.

I lived in one rural county where, over several decade, the police simply became dangerous. Tailgating, speeding, searches ... even searching people on bicycles. On I-10, in the SW US, they funneled all the traffic off the interstate and were randomly pulling people over from searches.

At my current home, we have people in uniform that should not have graduated from high school. "Low class" does not even come close to this trash.

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
I do not deny nor condone officers who abuse their power. They should feel the full force of the law and it is the DA's responsibility to ensure it. Sadly, we know that doesn't happen because of exactly what you said; good ole boys. But if the People don't speak up or demand a strong DA and more importantly, a strong Sheriff (the highest and constitutionally most powerful peace officer in any given county) then they are part of the problem too.

You can't clean up the corruption while the police are are being trained as gang members. They routinely lie, file false reports and commit scores of other crimes. And yet their brotherhood protects them from all but the worse crimes.

I've got a fairly incompetent thief for a Sheriff that just might shake your world view. It gets worse. Police usually don't fall too far from their buddies in the judiciary. I've met some judges here that make Barney Fife look like a role model.

Today, if your seeking Constitutional protections and separation of powers, you're in the wrong country. The bad guys (truly bad guys) are running the show.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

How to STOP Police From Getting Out of Control at Traffic Stop USE Mini Cameras In Your Car

and record yourself trying to be a smarta$$ so you can put in on the internet?

i find just being polite works better and is cheaper than a camera.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EricR

So to you it is throw up your hands and be a victim? I offered the path; politically active residents who demand a strong DA and strong Sheriff. Your response....it doesn't matter; why do I feel like I am talking to my 12 year old son here?

Be the change you want in the world rather than the whining "it doesn't matter" crowd. Clearly many here have never experienced what the OP presents because it is clear that not all traffic stops amongst people going about their business are being harassed.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I've mentioned this in threads before. I'm happy to see it getting it's own thread.

My camera's, and the databases they stream through my cell phone to, are not for stopping police from getting out of control. Rather, they are there to capture if and when they do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join