It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman kills 13 in village rampage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Gunman kills 13 in village rampage

www.dailystar.co.uk

Ljubisa Bogdanovic, used a handgun in the attacks at five houses in Velika Ivanca, a village 30 miles from Belgrade. The dead included six women, several of them his relatives. The killer and his wife survived, but with serious injuries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www .telegraph.co.uk
www.foxnews.com
www.cnn.com

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This man apparently murdered 13 people and injured himself and his wife. he reportedly used a cz-88 which looks something like this. picturearchive.gunauction.com...

Now he apparently went door to door and shot these people as they opened it and killed anyone inside too. I would imagine that if he had used an 'assault rifle' it would be close to the same outcome..your thoughts ats members....

www.dailystar.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Walking door to door killing anyone who answered he could have done what he did with a sharpened stick. None of the typical scapegoats apply here. Not magazine capacity, not "high power" firearm, not lack of training he being a veteran. Nothing applies here short of complete ban and confiscation.

No surprise the folks in charge want to use it as an excuse to "strengthen" the gun laws now.

Milorad Veljovic, head of Serbian Police, said police were working on a draft Law on Weapons and Ammunition that would provide greater control over people who possess guns. "The draft will be passed to the government in the coming days," Veljovic said.
Serbia Mulls New Gun Control

Granted I dont know much about Serbia but it's more than a little creepy that the cops write the laws apparently?
edit on 10-4-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am waiting for someone to blame the people for answering their doors.

No, really.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
While this is really dark somber news, and really SUCKS...... and I feel for the families of the dead.....

......I would figure that somewhere in this news story, some politicians is going to mention possibly making doors illegal

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I just wonder what this sort of thing would entail?

Veljovic said that the new law would envision periodical medical examinations of people with firearms permits. The period could be between three and five years, he added.

What are the lines drawn and who draws them? What would they look at? What testing would be done? What are the chances this could/would be abused?

Let us say that they do pass such laws though. What happens when someone still manages to get through and does the same thing? Will more laws be added, changed, or just outright removal of guns all together?

Anytime I hear someone saying more laws are needed I wonder how it is really going to help?

Raist

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You know what is truly disgusting? The pro gunners who mock in a thread showing some type of massacre. Like this thread..there was the knife one....gleefully asking for the ban of knives as a joke in response to the anti gunners.

It is like they show massacres happily to prove their point.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

It is like they show massacres happily to prove their point.

Kind of like day-tripping on Air Force 1 with a bunch of family members of crime victims?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Leave it to ATS to turn every thread about a shooting or stabbing into a debate over the "evil" gun control.

Pretty damn pathetic when there are dead people to think about.

How much longer is this going to continue before people stop to ponder the lives lost?

How many more bodies are going to pile up?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NevetsQuest
Now he apparently went door to door and shot these people as they opened it and killed anyone inside too. I would imagine that if he had used an 'assault rifle' it would be close to the same outcome..your thoughts ats members....

So the purpose of this thread is to make speculation from this tragedy and loss of life to make a point of US gun policy? Disgusting. Btw, what does this make this? 1 for Serbia and about 8 for America in the last few years?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

The subject of gun control came up in the OP article. It has nothing to do with ATSers bringing it up when it was already brought to the table.

On the note of people being dead and/or injured of course this is sad and they will be mourned and missed by their family and friends. No one is making light of people dying of course it is a tragedy.

However, that being said you cannot help the dead. Nothing we do will bring them back, whether it be changing laws or not, they will always be dead. We cannot keep staring into the rearview mirror and keep going forward on a safe path. We as a whole (the world) need to look into what is going on with the mentality of people and look at trying to help them so that this does not happen more often in the future. Gun laws will do nothing to curb murder whether it be one person or many. On the other hand trying to really help those in need of serious help with mental issues can bring this sort of thing to a very minimum if not get rid of it all together.

While that might sound heartless it is the truth. Death is not reversible, fixing mental health is possible.

Raist

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
Leave it to ATS to turn every thread about a shooting or stabbing into a debate over the "evil" gun control.

Pretty damn pathetic when there are dead people to think about.

How much longer is this going to continue before people stop to ponder the lives lost?

How many more bodies are going to pile up?

Oh like the above does?

Since it has nothing to do with:

Ljubisa Bogdanovic, used a handgun in the attacks at five houses in Velika Ivanca, a village 30 miles from Belgrade. The dead included six women, several of them his relatives. The killer and his wife survived, but with serious injuries.

Really is amazing that people have to come to a thread and the only thing they are suppose to say is "how bad shootings are",

Pretty much goes without saying.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I am waiting for someone to blame the people for answering their doors.

No, really.

Dude...I was totally thinking that I was going to think twice about answering my door--especially if it was a neighbor. Mind reader!

In all seriousness, what a horrible thing. I think the major cause of these cases of violence would be job loss, depression, and anger at society. I don't specifically say gun because these things can happen even if somebody doesn't own a gun like the mass knifing. Where there's a will, there's a way and in this case, where there are desperate people, they may do some very desperate and horrible things.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Death is not reversible, fixing mental health is possible.

Raist

No it's not. There's no money in it. If there were there would be much fewer incidents. Lots of money in guns though.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Guns are not the problem though mental health is.

Why worry about guns when a person that is mentally unstable can kill you just as easy with other things.

I do not give a crap about money, I want society fixed. Taking away one persons rights will not fix it as those that want to harm others will find a way no matter what.

If more people started to concentrate on the real issue of mental health we would not be talking about guns. The governments need to focus on mental health and they need the people to tell them where to focus. We need each and every person to focus on mental health. No one who is without some for of mental illness wants to murder people, no one.

Raist
edit on 4/10/13 by Raist because: forgot a letter

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Why worry about guns when a person that is mentally unstable can kill you just as easy with other things.

Hardly. A car maybe. And as I said, there will be no focus on mental health as the corporations can't make any money off of it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

If there's no money to be made why are they saturating people and ad time with anti-depressants, SSRI's and dick hardeners?

Seems like setting up a walk-in clinic mental health infrastructure would do wonders for revenues as well as bolster the police state.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

If there's no money to be made why are they saturating people and ad time with anti-depressants, SSRI's and dick hardeners?

Because that makes money for Big Pharm obviously. They also don't work. Many times they make thing worse. Personal experience here. Well I don't know about the "dick hardeners" as I don't need them but how do they equate to mental health? Rhetorical. If one can't see that they are being played by the corps I don't know what else to say? That includes the gun lobby. Yes "LOBBY". You know, the guys you want to see out of Washington?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You are saying that a nut case cannot kill with anything other than a car or gun or am I reading that incorrectly?

Mental health has a lot of money to be made (but money should not be the concern regardless). They already drop tons of pills on people that many do not even need. Pills are not the real answer aside from a small portion of issues.

My question is are you just giving up on pushing government to focus on mental health and taking the Band-Aid easy route or do you think that mental health is a waste of time? You will of course have push back from governments on mental health before you will banning guns. Governments do not like guns in the hands of the people and they want more ways to make people criminals. If they focused on mental health they would be working at making society better, meaning less criminals.

Just saying they will not go after mental health because there is no money is like raising the white flag before the battle begins. If we can each get just one more person to understand that this is a mental health issue we can in turn get more air time to the government on fixing the issue.

Raist

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You are saying that a nut case cannot kill with anything other than a car or gun or am I reading that incorrectly?

No. I'm saying you can't kill MANY people without either a gun or a car. Hell, you can kill a person with your hands. 13 or 20? I seriously doubt that unless you're the Hulk. Come at me with a gun, I'm dead. Come at me with a knife, you're probably dead.

Mental health has a lot of money to be made (but money should not be the concern regardless). They already drop tons of pills on people that many do not even need. Pills are not the real answer aside from a small portion of issues.

BINGO!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join