It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China accuses US of the bird flu strain as a biological warfare attack.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Simple case of blame game or legitimate truth? We will never know as on one hand they're accusing US and on the other hand, they've arrested few individuals responsible for spreading the rumor in China.

A Chinese Air Force officer on Saturday accused the U.S. government of creating the new strain of bird flu now afflicting parts of China as a biological warfare attack.

People’s Liberation Army Sr. Col. Dai Xu said the United States released the H7N9 bird flu virus into China in an act of biological warfare, according to a posting on his blog on Saturday.

The charge was first reported in the state-run Guangzhou newspaper Southern Metropolis Daily and then picked up by several news outlets in Asia.

State Department spokesman Jason Rebholz dismissed the claim. “There is absolutely no truth to these allegations,” he told the Washington Free Beacon.
The accusation of U.S. biological warfare against China comes as the Pentagon is seeking closer military relations with China. Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, is set to travel to China for talks with Chinese military leaders later this month.

Dai is a military strategist who in the past has been outspoken in seeking to foment conflict between China and the United States. He told the Global Times in August that China should go to war over U.S. support for Japan’s claims to the disputed Senkaku Islands.

Writing on Sina Weibo, a Chinese microblogging site akin to Twitter, Dai stated that the new bird flu strain was designed as a biological weapon similar to severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), which he also claimed was developed as a U.S. bio-weapon, that affected the country in 2003.

SOURCE

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
People have also been accusing the Chinese government of not being transparent.

Chinese doctors began to accuse their own government of covering up just how widespread the outbreak had become

See: www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Sounds like one of China's minions had the audacity to speak out of turn. I doubt China would simply throw this information out there like a fishing expedition. There are conspiracy theorists everywhere. Look how many times on ATS we accuse countries, including our own, of sabotaging society? The difference lies in the First Amendment.

It would be pretty stupid for the US to orchestrate a biological war with a country freely able to travel to and from the US. As we have seen with other epidemics, illnesses are spread fairly quickly through travel. If it was Iran, or North Korea, or any other country not permitted to travel freely to the US, I think this theory would be more plausible.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
IF true then it is another reason for China to consider an attack on the US at some point (aside from the cyber attack probes that are ongoing).

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ok, the media wants us to believe the new outbreak is a "natural occurrence" correct?

Let's speculate for a moment what if someone were behind it?

Would this be in the interests of the US particularly? I find this vague and indiscriminate, and it fails to offer us a reasonable and logical motive.

However, if we were to create alternative culprits in this speculative analysis, we would find far better fits for this "glove".

Suspect # 1 : Global Pharma Corps
Motive = Profit / Eugenics / Psy Ops

By the way be wary, there is a ton of misinformation and misdirection going on with this new outbreak.
I had read just the other day that Novartis already had a vaccine ready to go a month before this outbreak even happened, on CNN. It seems they scrubbed the article or something and replaced the "Novartis has a vaccine ready" to "China is going to work on a vaccine but it could take 8 months". Which changes the tone of the story significantly. Maybe it was all in a dream but it is so surreal I have doubts it was imagined.

Oh, and notice that they claim Tamiflu will aid in fighting the flu off (it's not a cure), which it might (and it could also cause some serious adverse reactions as well- check my Tamiflu warning info thread. )

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

A nation where so many people live in such close proximity to water fowl is going to have infectious disease issues like this,

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Isn't it frustrating when you look for a news item and it's no longer there? I too recall reading something about it a while ago and distinctly recall my reaction as being another big pharma grab, though I don't recall whether it was about this strain or not.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

I tend to agree. Especially when they are handled in what is less than sanitary conditions.

Seems the flu is like a key to a lock. Every year it changes configurations. One of these years (could be this year or 1000 years from now) that virus will mutate in such a way that the key will fit and unlock human devastation.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by hp1229

A nation where so many people live in such close proximity to water fowl is going to have infectious disease issues like this,
Very true. To me it seems it is easy to pass the buck and avoid international watchdogs criticisms.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

If the US really wanted to attack China via biological warfare I thing they would pick something much more deadly and easily spread from human to human than any strain of the bird flu. So far the death toll from bird flu (choose any strain you like) has been considerably less than the death toll caused by the average, run of the mill flu that most people around the world get at least once in their lives.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Bird flu originated in Asian countries that practice cock fighting, the bird trainers take their mouth put it on the sinuses of the bird and suck out all the blood and mucus after a fight. In doing so it allowed the avian virus to mutate allowing it to eventually cross species into humans. The US outlawed cock fighting many years ago and it's highly doubtful that those still practicing it illegally in the US do the same sinus clearing practice unless they are Asian.

The idea that bird flu is an intentionally created epidemic by any country is an all out HOAX.

new topics

top topics

join