It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychoanalyst Heath King: Kim Jong-un Logical, Not Irrational

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
So Lil' Kim is (supposedly) perfectly sane and isn't a nutter bringing the world to the brink of nuclear war madness? If I'm reading this correctly, Kim Jong-un (supposedly) just pulling some high profile chess moves in order to gain economic help (payoffs) from the USA and China for him to stop all his posturing and provocative rhetoric. Supposedly it's well calculated and not irrational .. at least according to this fellow.

I don't know about that. I agree that he's playing games in order to get big payoffs from the USA and China to stop. But I think that he's taking the world waaaaaaaay to close to a very serious war situation for this to be called 'rational'. IMHO

Newsmax - Psychoanalyst Heath King: Kim Jong-un Logical, Not Irrational

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is rational and logical, not at all a madman as some have portrayed him, psychoanalyst and author G. Heath King tells Newsmax TV.

“There’s an inner logic to it all,” King says. “He uses an inner fluctuation between intimidation and conciliation to get the West into what in psychology is called a double bind. And in that way we’re thrown off balance and they’re able to elicit economic concessions.”

It is vital to get inside the mind of a dictator such as Kim, King said, because so many previous predictions from the West of North Korea’s demise have been wrong.

King, a Ph.D, is a psychoanalyst and former professor of interdisciplinary studies at Yale University. He is author of "Existence, Thought, Style: Perspectives of a Primary Relation, Portrayed Through the Work of Søren Kierkegaard." He explored the philosophical foundations of psychology at the University of Freiburg, Germany, where he completed his doctorate.

More at the article.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
And on the flip side ... we have this 'expert' say that Kim Jong-un has pushed S. Korea too far and that all this posturing and rhetoric is about to blow up (literally) in his face. that Kim Jong-un is unstable and inexperienced.

Far East Expert to Newsmax: Kim Jong-un Has Pushed SKorea to the Brink

Adding to the tense atmosphere, Chang told Steve Malzberg, is the inexperience and instability of Kim as a leader.

“He may not know where the line is. Now his father and grandfather, the two previous rulers … reached out and killed Americans and South Koreans but they knew how to do it without inviting retaliation. Essentially they knew how far they could push us,’’ he said.

“The South Korean military has just become sick and fed up of accepting blow after blow from North Korea without retaliating, and so the South Koreans are prime to attack. They’re just waiting for an opportunity to kill North Koreans. So this has become a very dangerous situation.’’

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Very interesting theory, I can totally see where you're coming from.

Definitely would be logical to cause as much s#!& with words, tactical movements and even closing off an enterance from China. Then again, he is only 28 and it's a little boy playing a mans game, very unexperienced, only has his father to look up to and apart from being a puppet in a very funny, bias film and inspecting things, he hasn't got much to learn from him

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
There has to be some good in the man. We need to realize that most countries that go to war do not tell people to leave their country before they are hit by Missiles from other countries. However little Kim has done just that giving people plenty of time to leave, even told people in South Korea to leave. The man must have a heart if he can do that. The US never warned the women, children and old folks in Japan to evacuate before dropping the biggest bomb known to man kind on them.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntC
There has to be some good in the man. We need to realize that most countries that go to war do not tell people to leave their country before they are hit by Missiles from other countries. However little Kim has done just that giving people plenty of time to leave, even told people in South Korea to leave. The man must have a heart if he can do that.

If he had 'heart' he wouldn't be starving his people to death by the millions ... and he wouldn't be using such provocative rhetoric ... and he wouldn't be bringing the world to the edge of a huge war. It's ALL ON HIM.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntC

If he had a heart he would be feeding his people not building nuclear weapons

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by AuntC

Well I guess the same thing could be said about the United States... remember that thread the other day about all those school children being refused lunch because they couldn't pay? The middle class of America is being dismantled and the economy is going down the toilet... meanwhile the US still pumps more money into defense spending than the next dozen or so nations combined. If any of our leaders had a heart we would live in a much better world... but the sad truth is none of our so called leaders care what is best for the people.
edit on 10/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntC

You haven't seriously fallen for his line have you?

That's probably exactly the response he is hoping for!

The only alternative way to end this is "Sanctions should be tightened! All AID should be stopped!" Maybe, just maybe once the entire country including the massive military is starving the population will stop with their false glorification of Mr Wei Tu Phat and they'll rise up as a whole and get rid of the fat little twat! Let the North Koreans fight this battle and get rid of him themselves!

edit on 10/4/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

reply to post by AuntC

North Korea is the closest you will find to a modern, pure, military nation-state. The military comes before all else, even the people.

Where do you think the money goes? To the military of course.

___

In regards to the topic at hand though, i do believe that Kim Jong-Un is sane. If one can't see through the propaganda spewing from Western media sources, then they are blind. Kim Jong-Un, his relatives, and the North Korean military know exactly what they are doing; and it is somewhat logical, given their situation.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I guess that shows that politics and being rational and logical are not connected.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntC
There has to be some good in the man. We need to realize that most countries that go to war do not tell people to leave their country before they are hit by Missiles from other countries. However little Kim has done just that giving people plenty of time to leave, even told people in South Korea to leave. The man must have a heart if he can do that. The US never warned the women, children and old folks in Japan to evacuate before dropping the biggest bomb known to man kind on them.

Some information. The last link i provided provides quotes from the leaflets...

For several months, the US had dropped more than 63 million leaflets across Japan, warning civilians of air raids. Many Japanese cities suffered terrible damage from aerial bombings, some even 97% destruction. In general, the Japanese regarded the leaflet messages as truthful, however, anyone who was caught in possession of a leaflet was arrested by the Japanese government.[50] Leaflet texts were prepared by recent Japanese prisoners of war because they were thought to be the best choice "to appeal to their compatriots."[51]

In preparation for dropping an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, US military leaders had decided against a demonstration bomb, and they also decided against a special leaflet warning, in both cases because of the uncertainty of a successful detonation, and the wish to maximize psychological shock.[52] No warning was given to Hiroshima that a new and much more destructive bomb was going to be dropped.[53] Various history books give conflicting information about when the last leaflets were dropped on Hiroshima prior to the atomic bomb: Robert Jay Lifton writes that it was 27 July[53] and Theodore H. McNelly writes that it was 30 July[52] but the USAAF history notes 11 cities targeted with leaflets on 27 July, none being Hiroshima, and no leaflet sorties on 30 July.[54] Other leaflet sorties were undertaken on 1 and 4 August, according to the official USAAF chronology. It is very likely that Hiroshima was leafleted in late July or early August, as survivor accounts talk about a delivery of leaflets a few days before the atomic bomb was dropped. One such leaflet lists 12 cities targeted for firebombing: Otaru, Akita, Hachinohe, Fukushima, Urawa, Takayama, Iwakuni, Tottori, Imabari, Yawata, Miyakonojo, and Saga. Hiroshima was not listed.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.pbs.org...
edit on 10-4-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
President Park (ROK) has publicly come out and stated that it is time to stop this vicious cycle of rewarding the DPRK for its bellicose behavior by giving them aid and concessions.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think this heath king needs to have licence taken away, and make it illegal for him to practice any type of psychotherapy. his definition of "irrational" must be from a child's picture book.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Heath King is but just one pyschoanalyst.

Ask a few other as illustrious as his credentials and you see they all differ in various degrees.

Even if Heath King is right that Fatboy Kim is sane, do remember the young punk isnt the one calling the shots alone. He may be sane, but I doubt if those advising him are in perfect mental health.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

"the same could be said" I hate that line. What you really mean is "I have a complaint about something and this makes it appropriate for me to voice it to you".

But if we are going there it's not the capitalist governments job to feed it's people, it is the communist governments job to feed its people.

"The same could be said" about any god damn country for that matter, the difference is I didn't claim any government leader to have a heart.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Thats too bad, all that money and they still suck.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

King kind of contradicts himself. From the first Newsmax article posted (this one: www.newsmax.com...), he says:

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is rational and logical, not at all a madman as some have portrayed him, psychoanalyst and author G. Heath King tells Newsmax TV.

But then he says:

One danger with anyone wielding such immense power, King noted, is the perpetual feeding of the brain with the neurotransmitter dopamine. Dopamine creates a sense of power which in turn creates another surge of dopamine in a constantly renewing cycle. The problem, he notes, is that the dopamine surges obfuscate the brain’s frontal cortex processes of decision-making. “I’d like to give him an MRI because I’m sure it would show a surge of dopamine.”

So, Un is logical and rational but he suspects that Un is undergoing a dopamine surge that is going to garble Un's ability to make decisions? I'm not a fan of psychoanalysts trying to diagnose people who aren't their patients. It's kind of like cold reading when they do it. They cover all bases so that they have a 50/50 chance of being right.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Actually, there is NO NEED to psychoanalze Fatboy Kim or waste effort in second guessing him.

There is such a thing called Rule of International Law and Human Rights.

The very beginnings of a civilised world starts with the familly nucleas. The parents are incharge of their kids and have full authority over them to ensure they grow up educated and civilise, and be taught responsibilities to others.

From there, it expands to kins and friends, to schools, community religious, economic and political leaders, and further expands to the national level of the legislative, executive and the judiciary.

It does not end there, but continues to the UN whereby each nation sharing our planet shares equally its responsibilities to each other, from the top to the bottom.

The UN came about after a horrific war whereby millions of innocents died because of the few, and the world, for once, vowed - never again. The mistakes of the past must never be repeated.

Ever since the formation of the UN, we mankind had made mistakes time and time again, but had never failed to acknowledged those errors to correct and improve so that we may as a race progress and evolve.

What Fatboy Kim had done is totally reprehensible and atrocious with his bloodcurling threats, actions and ABSOLUTE disregard of UN, including even the demands of the ENTIRE security council, for decades.

Thus, he and his regime had only proven themselves incapable of being responsible in sharing our world, and thus will sadly be treated as a pariah state that they had became. Any more further violation by them will HAVE TO BE MEET IN FORCE, as talking options are ignored leaving only the last option - violence, to ensure the safety and well being of others sharing this planet.

It is either we act, or we do not. If we do not, it will only encourage others to dishonor and treat the UN - the blood sacrifice of our forefathers and fathers to ensure we and future innocent generations all will live under the rule of law and in peace - as a dirty rag to wipe their dirty feed upon, which will only reverberate into the very pillars and structure of our civilisation right down to the family nucleas that RESPONSIBLITIES and RULE OF LAW, to live in peaceful co-existance amongst our many diversity of individuals/selves, is no longer valued.

The choice is clear - either NK complies...or.......it will be faced with no mercy as it had shown NO mercy to the rest of humanity with its daily threats of themonuclear war and the cunning way fooling all it had built up its nuke and missile arsenals.

There is still time...hours only......for the NK regime to come to its senses and its allies to help them come to their senses, end the threats and dismantle its nuke programme, and focus on its responsiblities to watch over and take care of the human rights of our fellow humans living there - to sustainably live and love in peace through pragmatic economic, political and social policies.

No country is perfect,there will be mistakes, but AT LEAST, the attempts must be made, instead of outright belligerants threats and declaration of war such as those by NK. The time to act has come, or the consequences of further delay and inaction will only stifle our civilisation's growth and throw it further into anarchy, back to the jungles.
edit on 10-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

reply to post by daaskapital

Thats too bad, all that money and they still suck.

You are severely underestimating North Korea. The soldiers are well trained, and i guarantee that they could give us a run for our money.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

"the same could be said" I hate that line. What you really mean is "I have a complaint about something and this makes it appropriate for me to voice it to you".

I don't even live in the US so it's not a complaint but merely an observation. I'm just calling it like I see it. It's true that the same thing could be said about a lot of nations (not all) but the US right now is in one of the worste debt situations and the economy is in dire trouble, whether you want to admit it or not that is the harsh truth and it will become very obvious to everyone soon enough.
edit on 10/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join