It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100s of people leaving North Korea LIVE - Videos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I was of the impression that you are not allowed to leave north korea if you are a citizen.
Maybe this is the foriegners leaving?
Or its folks clearing out of the now closed joint industrial zone?
It sort of looks like that place.

Yep, NK citizens cannot leave the country without authorization from the state. Defectors are often captured in China and repatriated to prison camps in the North. People have to escape through China, then travel on quickly to other nations to avoid capture. Sometimes North Korea even sends out agents to other nations to track down and kidnap defectors. There are stories of some being hunted throughout China by both the Chinese officials and North Korean trackers too. I guess these instances are mainly reserved for defectors who worked in the military or government, and have something to say.

I think this is South Koreans leaving the industrial zone. There were a lot of them staying on who thought this was just another momentary spat like the North usually has every year. But I guess they've either changed their mind or been forced to leave.

These definitely won't be North Koreans fleeing their country.

Also, I don't know how long it would take for news to filter through if any embassies were evacuated. There are actually a lot of embassies in NK, including Russia, UK, Brazil, Romania, Sweden, Cambodia, Egypt... the embassies were seemingly given a deadline of the 10th, and told that their safety could no longer be guaranteed. Russia asked the NK regime for clarification, asking whether they were being told to leave, or just being advised of something. The NK regime didn't reply, and the UK and Russian embassies were reportedly not vacating their buildings.

This could be smaller embassies emptying out too. It might not be Russia or the UK, but I would have thought some of those embassies on the list would have decided to be safe rather than sorry. It wouldn't surprise me if at least some of the people coming across the border are staff from the smaller embassies.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by tauristercus

They use those same sprayers at the border crossings all through central and south America to cut down on cross contamination of crops. I think it has fungicide and or insect poison at least the ones in the Americas do.

Thanks for that, I considered that it might have something to do with disease control, we had similar checks in place in the UK during the Foot and Mouth outbreaks, washing boots and car tyres when entering and leaving farms and so on.

It makes sense, because while the people might not be coming into contact with crops and livestock, they do have to drive through decimated farming areas and countryside to get into SK from the North. There is a lot of disease and outbreaks of all kinds in the North as I understand it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If it's people leaving the industrial zone, where are all the belongings coming from? Do they live there?

I was under the impression that the facility in question was closed down days ago and that people travelled to it from their respective side of the border each day.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
If it's people leaving the industrial zone, where are all the belongings coming from? Do they live there?

I was under the impression that the facility in question was closed down days ago and that people travelled to it from their respective side of the border each day.

Sky news showed that same from the OP. and described it as workers leaving the closed industrial zone
I think the boxes are more likley to be filled with a mixture of computers/hard drives,other sensitive industrial stuff and maybe even money from the factories...
The companies invovled likely wish to take all their data/expensive stuff etc out of the zone,as it may get levelled if the shtf.
I don't think folks lived in the zone,rather they commuted daily-I am not sure for certain though.

I just worry that a missile test could go badly wrong-many have in the past all over the world.
What if it misfires,and ends up heading for Seoul,when it really was meant as a test?
The world may go up in smoke over a freaking mistake...
Lets hope not.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
OP- Do you have some fascination with war?

Is there someone you know in harm's way?

If I want constant war-mongering, I'll just turn on CNN, MSNBC, or FOX for that, which may be the reason I stopped watching them.

there's no one holding a gun to your head, saying click this link for war mongering.
just don't click these threads if you don't want to read or see what is there.

i do it all the time. if i don't want to read or see something, i don't click it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Alright, I'm going to point out the obvious, This very well could be a slight of hand tactic,

Lookie this....see what I'm doing here.......Just don't look there....

I know it's been said that NK don't have the capabilities to reach us, but I'm not buying it. They could have allies that does have the capabilities, that we don't know about, far fetched, I know, but not out of the realm of possibilities. Just wanted to throw that out there.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Any idea why the cars are being sprayed with what appears to be water from jets embedded in the road surface ?
If not water, then perhaps some kind of decontamination protocol ?
edit on 10/4/13 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

I was wondering the same thing?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

About 475 ROK workers remain in Kaesong a week after DPRK banned all the Republic of Koreans from entering the complex. The South's Unification Ministry said 77 ROK workers were expected to return home on Tuesday.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...
It's my understanding that when they stopped the south workers from entry, some stayed behind so they could still work. I think it's just workers finally leaving. The impression I got from reading articles when they first "delayed" south workers entry, is that it wasn't uncommon for workers to stay over night sometimes normally. When it was unclear if they would be able to get back in, more than average stayed behind.

How do you know that is even North Korea?

Well, it is the exact same location they were showing when the entry to Kaesong was delayed, and the live feed this video came from, labeled it as such. So I'm convinced. There was also another convoy coming out of China into NK on the same feed.
edit on 10-4-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I found images from an AP photog that has several pics matching what is seen in the video. They are all tagged with

"South Korean vehicles returning from the North Korean city of Kaesong arrive at the customs, immigration and quarantine office near the border village of Panmunjom..."

Ima ges Here.

Yep, totally agree. In image slide 39888777141 and the video, it's the same type of bus and the same geographical and man-made structures so yep, the vid is people returning to SK from NK.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Good thread. Quality ATS and this is the kind of member contribution that has me obsessed with this place.
SnF
edit on 10-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Good thread. Quality ATS and this is the kind of member contribution that has me obsessed with this place.
SnF
edit on 10-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Haha thanks Randy, sorry for our little misunderstanding in the first thread i created

Its not the best thread going, but it isnt a one liner either lol

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

edit on 10-4-2013 by TheBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
How do you know that is even North Korea?

well... I know this is a conspiracy forum and all that but thats the paju border gate I think...

Besides... it says SK on the tarmac..

edit on 10-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlue

War Never Changes.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
And there was me thinking that NK was so backward that they were still using horses and mules as personal transport........ silly me...they have cars there too.....

On a more serious note............ does anyone else thin that the UN and Mr Ban-Ki-Mon is adding to the vitriol of NK when he says that there might be serious consequences if a conflict breaksout........ sort of like saying - Yes Kim jong pong, you have us by the short and curlies.......

The answer here is to have a word with China and then lob a bit of ordanance across the border from both the South and the North.......

My feeling is that China might step in and ''take-over'' North Korea......then what would the West say about that...?

edit on 10-4-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
And there was me thinking that NK was so backward that they were still using horses and mules as personal transport........ silly me...they have cars there too.....

On a more serious note............ does anyone else thin that the UN and Mr Ban-Ki-Mon is adding to the vitriol of NK when he says that there might be serious consequences if a conflict breaksout........ sort of like saying - Yes Kim jong pong, you have us by the short and curlies.......

The answer here is to have a word with China and then lob a bit of ordanance across the border from both the South and the North.......

My feeling is that China might step in and ''take-over'' North Korea......then what would the West say about that...?

Duh, NK wouldn't let their own people drive out. Do you know nothing about NK?

These will be travellers or tourists leaving because NK have asked them to. NK will use this 'semi forced' exodus as proof people are worried and that the west has reason to fear NK. It's all posturing.

Nothing will happen people.It's all posturing.

NK will test a missile. They have every right to do so, just like the US does. But it's posturing. If the US attack NK because they test a missile then the US are criminals.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
How about a link to the live feed you've been watching?

S&F

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

Japan Missile Defense Feed.

Live?

edit on 10-4-2013 by Seek_Truth because: now on Japan

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
OP- Do you have some fascination with war?

Is there someone you know in harm's way?

If I want constant war-mongering, I'll just turn on CNN, MSNBC, or FOX for that, which may be the reason I stopped watching them.

Were you wearing a 'tin hat' when you snatched the thoughts from my head? Way to go girl; I like the way 'we' think. I only watch the "news" on tv when i feel the need to chuckle. Unfortunately I'm also back sassing the newscasters at the same time... Again, thanks for posting my thoughts... Namaste

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Or just stay out of the wwiii forums...... Some of us stay updated on the situation here, when at work and can't afford the time to do a lot of searching, and scouring the WWW. Star and flag op. Thanks for the update

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join