It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Choosing Sides: North Korea or United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
China chooses......China. Always has, always will. My bet is they will stay out of it as long as they can, until it's time to "nation build" in NK. THEN, they'll want their fingers in that pie...

Not quite. I'm sure they'd be happy to let SK and USA pay the bills for nation building, and then set up factories to take advantage of really cheap Nork labor (owned by CCP naturally) now that Chinese are actually getting somewhat expensive.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
China chooses......China. Always has, always will. My bet is they will stay out of it as long as they can, until it's time to "nation build" in NK. THEN, they'll want their fingers in that pie...

How right you are ! China will chose China and having said that , they have 0 interest in

1) NK operating a reactor anywhere near Chinese territory . Like the rest of us , China doesn't see NK up to the task of running the reactor trouble free and China doesn't want to wake up one day to discover that NK's reactor failed .

2) China has no desire to be put into a position where China becomes responsible for lifting the people of NK out of their extreme poverty or dealing with the mind numbing brainwashing that the people of NK have been put through these past decades following the Korean War . They would much prefer a change in government in the North that would work towards a better economy with a lot of deprogramming for good measure .

NK problem is that no one wants NK . The south has no interest in unification until the people in the north are on closer footing economically speaking to them in the south .

NK government is fighting for relevance and handouts to keep themselves and their domestic facade going .

edit on 11-4-2013 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mypan

Originally posted by kuhl
reply to post by jiggerj

Are the sanctions not just from the US not justified, I think most of te global community agree on sanctions and in fact impose them.

Most of those jumped onto American's bandwagon on sanctions are bullies and hoping to get something back from the US of A. Heck, most of those couldn't point out NK on the globe.

Well, USA is on the way down and fast becoming an unruly nation having to contend with their own citizenry and if this last sanction before this suppose BIG War and coincide with the fall of petrodollars, see how many allies sign up for this coalition of the willings ? LOL They might even be rforced to fight against the true patriots of America, "the gun-toting, prise it from my cold hands" kind of patriots, who will defend America from those enemies, foreign or domestic.

Mean while back in the real world the US remains by far the greatest power on earth and its people live the easiest lives they have in their history. The world know it will be a very long time before they will see any real decline in American power despite the fantasies of a collection of nutters on the internet.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join