It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love is the power to change.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Are there any who want to contemplate on this, I did and it was very usefull.

The right viewpoint is that love is adjusting.

That's all for now folks.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

The right viewpoint is that love is adjusting.

I completely agree. While I still hope that one day everyone will love one another and the world will be a huge Utopia, the only way I believe to get there is through love, I don't see any other solution.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Are we prepared to love knowing someone is loving "hurting" someone who loves being "hurt"?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Thats too basic. What sort of love are you talking about? Some people love things others don't? Some love things that require the taking of others things they love. Some people love to work all the time, they use money to show their affection, others hate work but have an abundance of physical and mental affection towards others. Technically we are living in a world filled with love. Most speak of love by their own definition describing Utopia as the 2nd poster mentioned. Perfection exists only in the mind and is objectively impossible because to create one persons idea of it, is to negate anothers.
edit on 10-4-2013 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Love is injustice!

Love is an unlevel playing field!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
someone is loving "hurting" someone who loves being "hurt"?

Someone who minds not to be hurt, to love being hurt is impossible.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

love under will.............
love rocks monkey butt

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Who defines what "hurts"?

Do you love that which would hurt you but another loves?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

someone is loving "hurting" someone who loves being "hurt"?

Someone who minds not to be hurt, to love being hurt is impossible.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

Tell that to the S&M crowd.

Love is more like the power to BE changed imo.
edit on 10/4/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

You took what I said the wrong way again. I'm talking about personalities. Noone loves to be hurt that way.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
My body was so tense and now I am more relax and begin to fit in.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Love is the glory found in what already is. It is the realization of complete unity with all as one, as you. At that point, hate is a choice that doesn't get made. You realize that your ability to enjoy life is what makes you great.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Love has the power to decimate with death from above.

Love has its boundaries.

It's limitations.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
But if I didn't have love, I would be nothing

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Unless you were a goldfish. A reborn dragon. Then you would have magic instead of love.

Which is what love is anyway? It's chemical bonding then replaced by actual feelings.

Besides magic is more entertaining then love. Its mystifying.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Are we prepared to love knowing someone is loving "hurting" someone who loves being "hurt"?

Although I find unconditional love the answer to just about everything, am not so sure it exists. I try my best at it, separating someone's current or present behavior from whom they are, in toto--but only up to a point. If that same behavior goes on long enough, then perhaps you then cross the line, and it becomes part of you, your identity.

More specifically, having said that and in direct answer to your question, no, I am not prepared to do that. Just can't bring myself to that. I;ve tried both loving and forgiving someone who has caused me great pain, thinking that kind of unconditional love and acceptance could provide adjustment, perhaps as Angie suggests, and healing. Unfortunately, in my experience at least, it just continued to provide them the ability to take advantage of that vulnerability I therefore presented them with, so they could continue hurting me, and others.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Someone loving you, or you loving does not define the actuality of you as an individual and a living being, Angie.
It's only a feature of existence, not the entirety, however it defines us.

I feel quite surrounded by hatred on a daily basis, feel the negativity in a tangible way. Sometimes, it makes it very hard for me to remain in touch with the core of me that i know is loving and embracing, inherently. However, regardless of any of that, I still am someone. And still so, would you be, as well.
edit on 12-4-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
There is no 'what kind of love'.

Love is unconditional - love is the patience of a mother, or the ever forgiveness of the ALL-father. Love has no conditions. Trying to define it with words will only bring you farther away as to what love truly is. Un-conditional.

We have had a fear-operating society for thousands of years now, and it does not promote evolution and change. That which is above is also below, and that which is below is also above. When we operate from fear (chaos) within, that is how we govern our everyday life and our societies. When everybody is afraid, it is only natural that those most afraid of losing wealth, power, influence and resources has been choses to rule us all. They have been chosen out of fear, and they rule out of fear.

Does our rulers promote change? They despise it, nothing makes them more afraid. People are generally very scared of change. In the midst of our chaos (within and in our world, as above so below) we crave order and despise change.

Create order out of change, create light out of darkness, create harmony out of disharmony, create love out of fear. When you have worked hard enough with your egoic mind to still the waters of thoughts, then you shall be the UN-conditional source of love we all truly are deep within. When there is order within, then you shall have eyes to see that there has always been stability in our existence, and that stability is change.

Noting lasts, everything flows, everything drifts, all things moves in the timelessness of NOW, everything changes always. But as there is order within, and you can see the order in our existence (as above, so below), then you can flow with it. Then you can allow it. Then you stop resisting it. Then we evolve beyond imagination.

Oh how grand existence is, and oh my lord how lucky and blessed we are to be here now! I love you! I love you all with the heart of oneness!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Angle

Good question, sometimes it could hurt, sometimes ... Is the only reason I live just to make fun of me? Should I feel hurt when they do that? I really had a horrible past.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Angle

Who defines what "hurts?" well, I would think the person being tied up and tortured and suffering the pain of that torture. Just wanted to make quite clear in some cases this is anything but relative. And by judging the amount of "love letters" many serial killers and other murderers get while in jail, there is some primeval fascination or something going on there, but I question whether this is love.

as for: "Do You love that which would hurt you but another loves?" This isn't making sense to me, really. Someone would hurt you, but someone else (say the mother that gave birth to them loves them still......
well, sure. People are almost all capable of hurting others, usually emotionally, out of lack of consideration (meaning not torturers,killers etc, necessarily), and people still love them, anyway. But I don't really get how this applies either way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join