It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea raises surveillance alert level

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This just popped up on the BBC website

South Korea has raised its surveillance alert level amid indications that North Korea is preparing for a medium-range missile test. At least one previously untested missile with a 3,000km (2,000-mile) range is fuelled and ready for launch, US and South Korean sources say.

So it looks like we may just get that launch
Not to much too worry about though

So while another test launch would certainly be seen as provocative and a breach of UN Security Council resolutions, it is unlikely to have any major, short-term military significance unless it goes wrong, our correspondent adds.

Just an update

SOURCE

Cody
edit on 10/4/13 by cody599 because: Add source

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Is this really worthy of its own thread when it has already been mentioned on countless other threads here? Gee some ppl are desperate to get their own threads going when contributing to an existing one would suffice!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside800
Is this really worthy of its own thread when it has already been mentioned on countless other threads here? Gee some ppl are desperate to get their own threads going when contributing to an existing one would suffice!

It came up on the breaking news
Hence is new

I see your point though.
Geez some people are so ready to flame rather than contribute

personally I would looked for more info from another source and added to the quality rather than take a cheap jab

Cody
edit on 10/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironside800

Jeez mate, 14 posts and you choose to make snide remarks on your 15th...........good going buddy, having a sh*t day by any chance?

Not sticking up for Cody, but have you taken a look at his join date? I think he might know that by now.

No pleasing some people hey?
edit on 10-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thanks for the update Cody - sometimes info gets buried deep in some of these long threads - I appreciate being able to get updates at a glance.

From there - what's your personal opinion. DO you think there will be a launch?

peace

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree, unless you are practically glued to ATS and watch every post, it basically means you have to drift through the whole bloody thread until you get to the more meaningful posts. So, yeah, good on ya mate......thanks for the update.

edit on 10-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside800

Welcome to ATS Ironside,

It is worthy of a new thread as this news is breaking and not many people have time to search through the whole of ATS to get to the correct forum to add extra information.

Have a great day

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thanks guys

With a situation as fluid as NK the only eay to get any update of significance out there for all to see is to start a new thread.
In my experience on ATS information the new topics firehose forum will alwyas give me new information on an important subject quicker than trawling through threads and permanently checking my ATS page.
Cody

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Hmmm..

I think this is one of those *ahem* coincidence days...

I can't help but raise eyebrows at the notion, today of all days Parliament is being recalled and 7 hours being set aside to talk about Maggie... I mean, really, Today!!

The only time I know of Parliament being recalled is in times of national crisis and the last PM to pass on had a whole hour devoted to kind words.. I can not imagine what will be said in 7 hours that hasn't already been said, or could not be said within an hour.

So, coincidence and bad timing, or more.. as yet I can not decide...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironside800

Man try to make some friends before insulting the masses.

That comment was about as cool. As a handjob on a honeymoon.

join