It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about the redskins prophecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
www.bendomenech.com...

The Most Important Game of 2004
The Oct. 31st game between the Redskins and Packers is the last home game for Washington before the Presidential Election. As most prognosticators know, dating back all the way to when the Redskins moved from Boston to Washington in 1932, there is a simple yet deadly pattern: when the Redskins win the last home game before the presidential election, the party in power keeps the White House. When they lose, so does the incumbent party. See below:

If the redskins wins (which they did) Kerry was supposed to be the next president. This has held true ever since 1932. Ugh...I guess hell has frozen over.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Too many people praying for a Red Sox win and not enough praying for a Bush defeat I guess......You know how the powers that be work....you can have one or the other, not both.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by craigandrew
Too many people praying for a Red Sox win and not enough praying for a Bush defeat I guess......You know how the powers that be work....you can have one or the other, not both.

I guess if you break the curse of the Bambino, anything can happen.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Sorry I re-read the post....I thought it was Red Soxs people where going nuts over as a Kerry sign

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
They got the Red Soxs the Patriots both Champions in their sports what more can they ask for?

Looks like this year will see the end of the Madden curse too, all the streaks are breaking

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There is NO such thing as prophecies. The world is at the PRESENT. What happens in the future is consequences of the PRESENT (not the past, not the future). Prophecies merely create a mental block to think 'out of the prism' and immense possibilities that come with the present's uncertainty.

Try to enjoy the uncertainty of the present. Acknowledge the universe is the way it should be. Respect it. Don't blame or fight against anyone/anything from the past.

Take responsibility and let the universe handle the rest for you. Leave the prophecies behind.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Two Words...."lighten up"

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Looks like this year will see the end of the Madden curse too, all the streaks are breaking

Ray Lewis isnt doing that well. Either is Jamal Lewis for that matter. However there were talks about Keelen Winslow being on the cover of Madden 04, and look what happened to him.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Actually, the addage was that if the redskins lose at home, the incumbent loses the election.

However, the redskins actually scored in the fourth and won by one point, before having the score called back by a rather controversial offsides (or was it false start) call against Washington.

Also, the other addage was that if an American League team wins the World Series (Red Sox), then the challenger loses the race.

All seems right here.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
this prophcy was right, it was just killed by all those diebold reciept-less voting machines... the one i had had to be reset 3 times to take my vote it kept saying my choices were invailed- and i picked the choices on the screen

new topics

top topics

join