It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea prepares to test medium-range ballistic missile

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

North Korea prepares to test medium-range ballistic missile

www.news.com.au

UNITED States spy satellites have found two 'missing' North Korean nuclear-capable missiles, and they're ready for launch.
CNN reports US officials are expecting a launch by North Korea "at any time".
Any "test" launch would be seen as a further escalation of already high tensions in and around the Korean peninsula.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Looks like Lil Kim might actually be crazy and suicidal enough to go through with this. I guess the big question in what way do they launch? South into Korea, East into or over Japan? Aim and most likely miss Guam?

Or, do they blow up on the launchers?

I have to admit, with all the talk from Japan, the US and South Korea about how concerned they are with the posturing from NK, that these missiles haven't met with an "accident" and been destroyed

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BalderAsir

My guess would be that they send the first one into open water without aiming at anything, and then try to hold the UN hostage with the other so as to attempt to get some sanctions lifted- but I don't think it will work out well for N.Korea at all!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
My guess is they launch in the next 24 hours. He has done many of the things that he said he would so far, and I doubt he will hesitate now just to keep up the pressure. I just hope that he doesn't send them over populated areas because that will more than likely escalate the situation. If the missile is shot down, I wonder what his next move will be?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My bet is they don't leave the launchpad...

-SAP-
edit on 9-4-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was reading about this too, here's more from CNN.

The Obama administration calculates it's likely North Korea may test fire mobile ballistic missiles at any time, based on the most recent intelligence showing Pyongyang probably has completed launch preparations, a U.S. official said Tuesday.

and

The administration believes a test launch could happen without North Korea issuing a standard notice to commercial aviation and maritime shipping warning them to stay away from the missile's path, according to the official, who declined to be named because of the sensitivity of the information

edition.cnn.com...

Would a test missile over Japan be concidered an act of war in this current situation?
I know they've done it before but things are different this time around.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I would guess he has more than one.

This could end up being very bad.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Sure he has more than one... He wouldn't be making the threats he has been making with only one warhead... That would be stupid even for Kimmy...

I think that if he does launch it will be intercepted. I am pretty confident the U.S has intel all over him.

They do have rockets that can go pretty far...

-SAP-
edit on 9-4-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yes he does have more than one, but the question is would he actually retaliate using a missile and if he did would he just send it as a test or attack? I think this situation is getting closer to coming to a head with every passing minute.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I hope something exciting happens, this has been going on for days now!
I'm almost probably the only person here who actually wants to see a major U.S city nuked.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
When are they going to tell him this is not a video game?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
I'm almost probably the only person here who actually wants to see a major U.S city nuked.

That is rather disturbing! The death of millions of innocent people is not something to get excited about. You should probably seek help.
edit on 4/9/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Why the hell would you want something so horrible to happen to so many innocent people? People who have NOTHING to do with this!

Whack!

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Kim Jong Un has an ATS membership?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So... they are as entitled to test anything as much as any other country. We know it's posturing, we know it's for show. My guess is they will test fire and it will fall into the ocean and then they'll blame sabotage to get sympathy... and still nothing will happen and eventually the boy wonder will retire to his summer home for a few months and let the nation bask in his god status.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
U.S. not requesting its citizens to leave Korea

WASHINGTON, April 9 (Yonhap) -- The U.S. government on Tuesday dismissed North Korea's public warning that foreigners in South Korea had better leave the nation amid the possibility of an armed clash on the peninsula.

Our analysis remains the same as it was last week. We're not discouraging U.S. citizens from traveling to South Korea or encouraging them to take any special travel precautions," Patrick Ventrell, a spokesman for the State Department, said at a press briefing.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

I'll pass!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Like the US really cares about its citizens.

As to "testing" medium range missiles, North Korea would have to be very stupid to do it at this time, tension is way too high. In all honestly, the great leader of NK has talked too much this time, if he does nothing then no one will really take him seriously.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Military targets, a few million dead Americans is collateral damage apparently and justified if they hit places with some sort of military connection...as per your justified use of nukes on the only 2 cities ever to be nuked.

During World War II, the 2nd General Army and Chugoku Regional Army were headquartered in Hiroshima, and the Army Marine Headquarters was located at Ujina port. The city also had large depots of military supplies, and was a key center for shipping

The city of Nagasaki had been one of the largest sea ports in southern Japan and was of great wartime importance because of its wide-ranging industrial activity, including the production of ordnance, ships, military equipment, and other war materials. The four largest companies in the city were Mitsubishi Shipyards, Electrical Shipyards, Arms Plant, and Steel and Arms Works, which employed about 90% of the city's labor force, and accounted for 90% of the city's industry.

So any populated city with a military facility is fair game, if they kill a load of innocent people its no biggy as long as they take out their main target.
edit on 9-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Like the US really cares about its citizens.

It has nothing to do with that. America doesn't want to appear weak. So they are encouraged to stay.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Oxygen. Thief.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join