It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ok, well just a really bright light, I'll take your word for it.

I don't have the supplies or resources or funds to start tinkering with new ideas, so I don't have any experience in the field of making functional Lasers.

But I do understand the basis for lasers, all it is, is coherent light(A single wave of light) That continuously bounces flat surfaces such as mirrors or crystal type surfaces. The more times it bounces, the stronger the wave of light. It's important to keep the light strong though, which is the difficult part.

Also because it is one wave of light, would explain why alot of lasers you see is red or blue, because that wave of light comes from a single side of the wave spectrum, white light is a bunch of waves of light together, so to filter it into one wave is difficult.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The late scientist Professor Tesla had created blueprints of a Tesla Coil Cannon and there is some video evidence that Russia might be in control of those blueprints and testing it as we speak. I will try to find the video and post it, but it shows a UFO(could be debris, could be a rock, or could be an alien spacecraft). Once you see the UFO a beam emits from the atmosphere of the earth at it, then the UFO leaves the sight of the camera. I found it very interesting and the fact that Russia could be in control of the strongest weapon in the world is a very scary thought.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I was looking through Boeing's annual financial statements and found something fairly interesting. They describe an airbourne laser mounted on a 747.

Edit: Link didn't work, instead you can find the annual financial statements on Boeing's website, www.boeing.com.... Click on Investor Relations/Financial Information/Annual Report/Selected Products, Programs and Services.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Cthulwho]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

First off I would like to say the our science as it stands is flawed. Second, particle beam weapons have been designed out before. None were built (that I know of) from those designs. Dr Nichola Tesla was one of the designers.

Now onto the topic dealing with energy weapons. The biggest problem right now it power. To generate enough power, with our simple minded scientist nowdays, has to be hauled by a truck.

Rail guns are a big possibility, but yet again no one has thought through the process enough to notice a few things. One, what accually cause the round to travel down the rails? watts, voltage, or something else? Two, how long should the power to the rails be on? How big of a power source is truly needed?

I know the answers and I am currently building one. I am also working on an EM weapon (Guass Rifle). I have also designed and building a portable, unlimited power source.

To truly know anything about science, one must research all aspects and possibilities. I also figured out what went wrong during Project Rainbow.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thank you and have a great day

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Wow, I forgot this thread even existed.

Originally posted by G_Leafeater
Now onto the topic dealing with energy weapons. The biggest problem right now it power. To generate enough power, with our simple minded scientist nowdays, has to be hauled by a truck.

I agree with you, power is one of the if not the biggest problem thus far.

Rail guns are a big possibility, but yet again no one has thought through the process enough to notice a few things. One, what accually cause the round to travel down the rails? watts, voltage, or something else? Two, how long should the power to the rails be on? How big of a power source is truly needed?

I don't have the article off hand, but the Navy just finished testing on a 12GW
(I think that was the power output) reusable railgun.

Form what I understand railguns work by using Electromagnetic fields by electrifying
the metal 'barrel' to accelerate a metal projectile to high speeds.

As to how long it should be on, well I'd assume that would depend on the weapon
itself and what kind you're using and how fast you want it to go.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
A railgun uses two metal rails running through the barrel. One has the charge and the other does not. the round completes the circut in which the electromagnetic field created propels the round. So in a way you are correct. A guass rifle or electromagnetic rifle works a little different. In a G-Rifle (My way of cutting down the name) uses wiring wrapped around the barrel in intervals. Ex.. with a 8 inch barrel there would be wire wrappings at 2", 4", 6", and 8". Using the electro magnetic field created by an existing current would cause the round to speed up as it left the barrel. In essence better than any rail weapon.

Duration of the current for a rail gun depends on length of barrel. The longer the barrel the longer the current is on. With most articles I have read, they are leaving the current on. This is bad, it causes the metal to heat up and then the round gets fused with the metal. But making it so that when you pull the trigger of the weapon, current is passed through the rails is better, and less energy drain. If the gun is built properly you could use a D size battery and still have it very effective.

The power supply that I am currently building fits in the palm of your hand and weights less than 2 lbs. The output is dependent on the internal components. I'm hoping that it will make a difference in the world as a reliable source of power.

Thank you and have a great day

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
well there is a problem to building a partical beam weapon, it produces way to much radiation and you only get one shot out of it, unless you build a bunker out of lead filled concrete block that has three foot thick walls and you find out a way to build one that is reloadable via robot( the whole radiation thing agian) ... But if you want the plans for this go to information unlimited.com or you can look up plans in the patten office web sight. We do have the technology for alot of things that seem sci fi but you just got to look for them ,, good luck

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The power us usually pulsed for a friction of a second. Realize that "military" Railguns/Gauss weapons are fired to velocities which are in the hypersonic range (Mach 5 - Mach 10), the time that the round is actually in the barrel is a fraction of a second. Now home built ones are probably in the duration of seconds given that your talking about speeds in the tense to maybe hundreds of miles an hour.

Particle weapons are certainly a thing of the future, and indeed plasma weapons would work well in space, but our atmosphere causes... problems; "kaboom!"
Plasma instantly recombines with the atmosphere causing your gun to explode. Other high energy particles are too difficult to create with standard tech, and as a result also are very power hungry. There are many good particles to use, unfortunately they require a super-collider to make. Use all the fancy UV/Ion containment systems you want, utilizing alternative energy particles is the best way to go, you just need the power to do it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have experience repairing and experimenting with particle accelerators and found this thread by accident through google. They are VERY complex and there are tremendous vacuum forces and an unbelievable amount of electronics and moving parts needed just to get the beam to the end of the beam line without dispersing. Accelerators would have no use as a weapon, the beam would simply dissipate in air even if you could get it to make one. The parts are nothing restricted or even hard to get (expensive though) but no, without being an expert in both electronics and nuclear physics, you will not be able to build one. They will never be used as weapons.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join