It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is making me paranoid!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by littled16

You seen those movies where the Govt. makes people's heads explode with remote devices.....

Be paranoid, be very paranoid.

Well thank you watchitburn! You have painted quite a colorful picture that I'm sure I will be revisiting in my thoughts. That's worse than the HIV/Hepatitis dentist!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just remember Granny,

Jesus is with you. Always.

"Good Christian people who wouldn't dream of misbehaving will not catch AIDS."

Source

edit on 9/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.” ― Benjamin Franklin

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Here's hoping that he wasn't watching me last night!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Were you reading your 50 shades again?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
There is paranoia and then there is legitimate worry. Don't fret too much LittleD. The overwhelming odds are that your oral surgeon and his crew are safe - and that they, secretly, are afraid of catching something icky from a patient who doesn't wish to be forthcoming about health issues.

It's definitely a two way street.

Given that - they will most likely be exercising every possible caution in the world... to protect themselves! Protecting you just works out by proxy of their own self-interest. The odds of you interacting with a Typhoid Mary type doctor are probably in the same range as you hitting the Powerball.

IMO the most dangerous issue you'll be facing is the anaesthesia - and the risks from that are well calculated and very low for a healthy person.

A personal suggestion... if you are truly stressing over the surgery - which is perfectly natural to do - you can always ask your dentist or doctor to prescribe you a mild sedative for the night or two before the procedure. Even though these medications leave your system fairly quickly it is my experience that they do have a prophylactic effect that helps keep anxiety away for about 24 straight hours.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you Heff! And yes, he prescribed me some meds that I'm to pick up at the pharmacy on Friday.

If on the off chance something bad happens I will be contacting you for some Voodoo advice!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yes. Well written.

That's what I meant to say

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is what anesthesia feels like....

....I'm not helping, am I......

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Theres Heff passing the wise wisdoms of the day.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Amusing, yes.
Helping, not so much!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Maybe you need to prepare mentally...

Relax...

Have you heard of ASMR?

It's a bob ross-inspired relaxation technique.

edit on 9/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: If this belief from heaven be sent, If such be Nature’s holy plan, Have I not reason to lament What man has made of man?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Have you thought of having a daughter or close friend come into the surgery room with you and remain during the extractions? He might not like the idea but can't refuse. I won't go into further details, but I would advise it. All the best.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Make sure to have someone drive you home. After you wake up, it takes hours for the effects to wear off even after having conciseness. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, apparently I was cussing in front of my mom on the way home, And I would NEVER do that, I was telling her about all the girls I was hooking up with at the time… WOW, I would never in a million years say that infront of my mom. I WAS GONE! I finely came to in the bathroom at home. I remember pain in my mouth and asking myself, what just happend, how did i get here. haha

Then my mom say, "you have a real potty mouth"
edit on 10-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I don't agree with going to a dentist on a regular basis, especially if they draw blood while cleaning. Even if the dentist is sanitary, you have open wounds in your mouth and care has to be observed not to contact these diseases till the wounds are healed up. We breath in air all the time, air that supports bacteria and fungus spores.

Don't worry, we do have an immune system, as long as we do not eat or drink things that kill too many macrophages.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yeah, that tends to happen when you're here no matter what the subject matter. Even the things you don't believe in, you begin thinking of possibilities and ways that it could really happen and then you start trying to rationalize things and before you know it, at least for a temporary period, you're a looney.

I wouldn't be too worried about the dentist though, if you know people that went there and they appear perfectly fine and satisfied then it's probably okay. I haven't been to the dentist in about seven years though because I know they'll say I have to get my wisdom teeth probably by now shattered and grinded out and I just don't like pain and am afraid of anasthesia. =D So I've just been avoiding it since I was a young teenager. Also, my family has next to no dental insurance so the general rule of thumb is if nothing hurts then there's no reason to go just as long as teeth are still being brushed regularly and such and there are no visible cavities.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Myomistress because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I have one of my daughters driving me to and from, and in fact they require your ride sit in the waiting room for the duration of the procedure so they know you aren't going to drive. I'm not worried about spilling any secrets in front of my daughter- we have a "loose lips sinks ships" policy!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The risk of infection shouldn't be a big concern. For planned extractions the dentist should start a regimen of antibiotics even before the appointment - as a prophylactic measure.

The real risk is eating, drinking, or smoking too soon after the procedure and potentially creating a dry socket - one of the most insidiously painful things that can happen to a person.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

On antibiotics and antihistimines already. Reason for oral surgeon instead of regular dentist is roots have grown into my sinuses and my regular dentist wont touch them. Went this morning to do impressions for replacement teeth with my regular dentist. Wreck on the interstate turned a 10 minute drive into an hour and 15 minute drive. Oh merde!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Today is the big day! I am nervous but determined. I think I have found something even scarier than this trip to the oral surgeon: my youngest daughter will be driving me today- in my beloved Mustang! Thank goodness the doctor gave me something for my nerves lest I have a stroke as my daughter negotiates the beloved Mustang through Interstate construction and into the big city. Please pray for a safe trip!

P.S. If I post some strange things later in the day please put me in check. I'm sure I will be under the influence of medication so if I stray please tell me to shut the heck up!
edit on 15-4-2013 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join