It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem IS the system, but how do we fix it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have long considered myself a conservative and would like Uncle Sam to stay out of my business and my wallet. I have had many discussions about trickle down economics and other methods of stimulating the economy. I have always been for low taxes, and helping the little guy. I'm one of those "teach a man to fish" kind of guys. However..............

We do need "raise" taxes on the wealthy. I think that we need to get rid of the loop holes and deductions so that we only have an effective tax rate. The republicans consider this a tax hike or an increase in the effective tax rate. This is true it is an increase in the effective tax rate.

I pay taxes, so I can say this. Why is it fair that our tax dollars pay for John the small business owner's personal vehicle just because he put a sign on it the size of a bumper sticker? Why should we pay for operating expenses, tools, vehicles, and interest? That is all part of being a small business owner. You need tools, you buy them! You put them in the budget and you plan. Its what you do! I have seen the tax reports of millionaires paying as little as 12%. I have paid more than that. I don't care what the dollar amount is, the percentage is what matters to me. That's why I'm in favor of a flat tax.

A flat tax is fair to everyone. No matter what you make, you pay the same percentage. I understand why they do it the way that they do. Its that whole mark up the price, offer a discount, but only provide the discount if the customer asks for it. You make more money that way because no matter how good your tax attorney is there is at least one credit that got missed, or you over do it and they rape you in an audit.

Its like playing a game of Monopoly and the guy that's winning lands on Community Chest and has to pay a luxury tax, but since he is winning he gets a break and only has to pay half of it. Slap! Right across the face of all the other players who have to pay the whole tax.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBigDave

Personally I have always thought it weird that small businesses tend to get slammed with a huge tax burden and follow regulations when the big boys can get the loopholes and some even getting refunds as well as being exempt from some of the regulations. To me it should be just the opposite.

If you even mention anything about "reversal" of the burdens you will be called anti-capitalist and a commie.

It makes perfect sense to me. Small businesses tend to keep the money in the economy while the multinationals will suck it out of the US economy.

I do have to disagree about a flat tax though. Remove the loopholes in the current tax code would be fine with me as a start.

But I think it is too late. The multinationals have captured our Government and Congress Critters are just their employees anymore no longer serving The People.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
But I think it is too late.

I think your right, at this point it would take a massive overhaul in order to correct the failed system. It would also bankrupt those who have gotten so used to living on write offs and credits.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Kick the private for profit banking cartel to the curb.

To borrow a phrase, it makes no more sense to have a monopolistic banking cartel controlling the money than it would be to have drug cartels controlling the pharmacies.

www.publicbankinginstitute.org...

Note on the linked map that ND is the only state to have a fully state operated bank and also note that ND is the only state that operates IN THE BLACK.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My solution to fixing the problem; tax everybody enough so the government has all the money they need to pay for everything they do to us. No borrowing, cash and carry ONLY. Not just the rich either, the middle class and the poor need to pay their fair share as well.

Tax everybody 'till their eyes bleed and they have nothing coming in on their paycheck after a long week of work.

Maybe then we'll have a serious discussion about which of those gubment programs we really need and which ones can be cut. Only when the whole damn country feels the pain of paying for all the crap the gubment does to us will real change come about.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The problem with the physical world is a spiritual one. The only way to fix it is to unite under one single ruler that is able to work the light. This is why GOD will allow satan to achieve a one world order and then defeat him and unite all under his rule. As long as we keep our eyes focused on the physical and do not allow these kind of words into our economic thoughts then satan will continue to gain power and bloodshed will continue. Our number one economic and spiritual problems are even being banned from this site.The control of illegal things gives power to destroy us spiritually without a fight and thus physically we follow the path of failure and destruction. but what do i know i'm just a nutter.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Raising taxes on the rich or having a flat tax would not solve our debt problem. The root of the largest problem is not really politcal. If the government operates with only taxes without any borrowing the collapse will come even faster than the road we are on.

You have to understand how money enters and exists in our system. Basically the Fed (and all banks) loan money out. Every dollar in circulation exists because somebody borrowed it from the Federal Reserve. What isn't in the system is enough money to close the loan because that takes more money than the loan injected into the system. Hundereds of millions of collective loans are the source of our money. All of our collective money couldn't pay off our collective debt because of the interest in the design of the system.

This fiat-debt system requires that the debt to essentially be perpetually refinanced, or the debt payments will eventually suck out all of the money from the system(deflation). When you have to go into debt to pay debt, the debt grows exponentially.

It doesn't matter what your political views are, given enough time just the interest payments on our debt will exceed our GDP. It is a mathematical fact.

The fix for this system is going to be difficult. Most important we have to end the Federal Reserve and get the control of our currency back to the Government. A currency built on wealth rather than debt is the second most important part to avoid the flaws in our current system. It is a complex problem that takes a radical and complex change.

I am trying to find a system that provides a near inflation proof wealth backed currency capable of being divided among hundreds of millions of people but still offering speculation opportunities for investors and entrepreneurs. That is what it takes to fix our system.

new topics

top topics

join