It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama--Who Pays Men 13% More Than Women--Proclaims 'Equal Pay Day'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Will anyone ever ask the White House to explain itself on this issue? This is not the first time it has been brought up. The double standard is stunning

President Barack Obama designated April 9 as National Equal Pay Day, even though 70 percent of White House staffers in the top-salary bracket were men, and male White House staffers earn on average 13 percent more than female staffers.

Considering that, remember that Obama's actions speak much louder than his empty words. Here's the proof..

“To grow our middle class and spur progress in the years ahead, we need to address longstanding inequity that keeps women from earning a living equal to their efforts,” Obama said in the proclamation released Monday evening. “That is why I have made pay equity a top priority -- from signing the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act days after I took office to cracking down on equal pay law violations wherever they occur. And to back our belief in equality with the weight of law, I continue to call on the Congress to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act.”

Wow! is he really that out of touch. If asked, he would just refer the question to an underpaid staffer...

CNSNews.com reported on March 15 that 70 percent of White House staffers earning the maximum salary of $172,200 last year were men and 30 percent were women, according to the White House numbers posted on staff compensation. Further, men on the White House staff are paid $86,260.89 on average. Women on the White House staff are paid an average of $76,162.65. So men on the White House staff are paid about 13.26 percent more than women. Put another way, women earn 88.29 percent of what men earn.

That pay gap is somewhat less than the national average Obama mentioned in his proclamation.

The history of Obama regarding this issue...

In 2008, CNSNews.com reported that then-Sen. Obama, on average, paid women on his Senate staff only 78 percent of what he paid men--with the average man on Obama's Senate staff getting an annual salary of $57,425.00 and the average woman getting an annual salary or $44,953.21.

Does he even know what he is talking about? No!! Surprised?
How can he say this with a straight face?

“I call upon all Americans to recognize the full value of women's skills and their significant contributions to the labor force, acknowledge the injustice of wage inequality, and join efforts to achieve equal pay,” Obama said in the proclamation.

Really? Obama.. Put your money where your mouth is...

cnsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Looks like Barry O has a war on woman. Tells them theres no glass ceiling and head fakes them with unequal pay.

meh, blame it on sequester.
edit on 9-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Your headline is utter rubbish

First Obama does not pay them.

Second, he came into power with this already in force.

Go get an education before writing stuff like an attention seeking journalist. You're exactly what ATS was supposed to be against and has become itself.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nobama has changed my views on change.. now when I hear.. CHANGE! I think.. oh no
even when the grocery store is like here is your change sometimes I want to be like please no more change... Can't blame him I suppose he never said the change would be for the better...

Whoever voted for him.. you suck.

Ron Paul FTW.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

Go get an education before writing stuff like an attention seeking journalist. You're exactly what ATS was supposed to be against and has become itself.

Hes the POTUS, he can change it with a stoke of a pen. did he.... no!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I would have to agree there,, if he doesn't have the power change the pay grades of the people that work directly under him, but can sign executive orders for a bunch of crap that makes no sense.. I am not sure what he is doing there.

link   
reply to post by jibeho

This sexist thing needs to go away. I believe WHO EVER earns the company the most money, or works the hardest is going to get that promotion or pay raise.

Whether you are WOMAN or MAN. I doubt it freakin matters now days. It's who ever shows me the money.

-----

I don't see why in the heck, I would promote a man over a woman or a woman over a man if the other shirks more or earns us less income.

-----

By the way, we were NOT ALL created equal. Take a look at the school system for proof. Ask yourself why you are not an Einstein for proof, but are ... " you ". We are all unique. So stop trying to make everyone equal, make things achievable for all, supply opportunities, stop talking about sex equality. It's old news.

The SEX issue went from giving women equal opportunity to giving them power.
edit on 9-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

What in the hell are you even talking about. Take your own advice before you chime in here.

You are actually blaming Bush for the disparity in how he pays his own staff....
Was it Bushs fault for how he paid his staff when he was a Senator? Wow! You must be joking!!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Equal Pay Day!!!

Oh that was funny almost as funny as the blame Bush card which falls flat on it's face everytime more so when one reads this : www.huffingtonpost.com... no where in that article does equalization of pay can be found.

marking the end of a pay freeze that has been in place since late 2010

Uh who was Potus in 2010?
edit on 9-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho

President Barack Obama designated April 9 as National Equal Pay Day, even though 70 percent of White House staffers in the top-salary bracket were men, and male White House staffers earn on average 13 percent more than female staffers.

For the SAME JOB??? Of course, some men make more than women because they have a different job.

Your "news" source is KNOWN to be highly biased and sensationalistic. I don't trust them at all.

Obama Pays Few Women Big Bucks

President Obama’s top female White House aides earn more on average than their male counterparts, a reversal from the pattern in the George W. Bush administration, The Washington Times found in an analysis of 2011 pay records.

Top female employees on average earned nearly 4 percent more than top male employees under Mr. Obama, compared with a deficit of 12 percent under Mr. Bush.
While Mr. Obama has taken steps to ensure that senior women in the White House on average make as much or more than men, he has not dramatically increased the number of women at the highest levels compared with those serving under Mr. Bush.

edit on 4/9/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Obama--Who Pays Men 13% More Than Women

Obama doesn't control those wages.

So, this is just another mis-information spreading Obama hate thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Hes the POTUS, he can change it with a stoke of a pen.

Prove he has this authority.

Please give us your sources that verifies that the President has this power.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I would assume that since Michelle has hired so many people to serve her,
more people than any other first lady, she would have some day over the salaries...
and so would the POTUS, this only seems logical.

I would say that since the first lady recently slipped up and referred to herself
as a single mother, and Obama is busy with his eyes on Kamala Harris,
telling the world she is the best looking AG....these two are too busy
to care about the average woman and equal pay.

They just returned from vacation, and its time for a party.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This might help with your confusion Jibeho.

The White House employs nearly 469 people for a total of just under $38 million. Looks pretty equal in pay to me. Maybe you can point out some examples for all of us.

ETA: Congress gives the white house X amount of money to pay salaries and what not. It's up to the chief of staff and the president to decide what rank individuals earn and within that rank is a certain pay. If congress ever wants to complain about how many advisors the president has they have complete control over how much money they can give the president.
edit on 9-4-2013 by links234 because: Who pays for all that anyway?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Thanks! already read it because it was sourced in the OP article. Thanks again.

The highest annual compensation for any White House staffers in 2012 was $172,200, and a total of 20 people earned that top salary. Among those 20 employees, 14 were men and 6 were women--making 70 percent of the highest-paid White House staffers men, and 30 percent women.

All Hail Equal Pay Day!!

Anything to defend Obama eh? Did you read his budget yet
Let's have that conversation next. Especially the part about hiking taxes on the Middle Class.... Cheers!!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

We can all find what we want when we hunt for it. You referenced top female "aides"

I reference this the top earners

The highest annual compensation for any White House staffers in 2012 was $172,200, and a total of 20 people earned that top salary. Among those 20 employees, 14 were men and 6 were women--making 70 percent of the highest-paid White House staffers men, and 30 percent women.

From your source

Despite Mr. Obama’s claims of championing the plight of women in the workplace, his record at the White House on closing the gender pay gap is mixed: In a broader survey of the 121 White House employees who were paid at least $100,000, 47 are women and 74 are men. That is only slightly better than in 2003, the third year of the Bush administration, when 39 of the top 121 employees were women.

When all White House employees are considered, the Obama administration’s record dims a bit further. Female employees earn a median salary of $60,000, roughly 18 percent less than men, whose median salary is $71,000.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

The overall numbers and averages taken straight from the WH tells the whole story ...
edit on 10-4-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I see what you're getting at now. Women are paid the same but there aren't as many employed so there's a 'gap' in the pay. So you and your article are suggesting that if I employ two men and one woman, paying them all $50,000 equally, there's a gap and that I'm some how holding the woman back?

I see your angle now. I think the argument is way off base though.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Actually if you had actually read the article sourced in the OP you'd discover that Obama actually employs more women than men but just pays them less on AVERAGE!! especially in the upper ranks.

In 2012, according to a report on White House staff salaries, there were 466 total paid White House Office employees and two unpaid staffers. Of the paid staffers, 234 were women and 232 were men.

Thanks for stopping by. Next time try commenting on the actual topic and maybe you won't get schooled with the simple facts... Thanks for the laugh

edit on 13-4-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Your math is bad and you should feel bad.

If I employ seven men and three women, paying them all an equal amount of $100,000. Of course the men will make more on average. That doesn't mean an individual man is making more than an individual woman.

You and your article are making mountains out of non-existent mole hills.

Equal pay for equal work, not paying someone more on the basis of averages.

join