It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weird 1969 new wave sci-fi novel that correctly predicted the current day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
Just amazing! It reminds me how science-fiction often influences, and in this case predicts, the future. Arthur C. Clarke of course contributed to the invention of satellite technology and to some degree, artificial intelligence. It also surprises me that Stand on Zanzibar is not required reading in some schools, when Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World" is. I especially liked the "President Obomi" part. I wonder what else this book has that can related to current geopolitics that hasn't been picked up yet.

Well, "Aliens", is one scifi tale I could do without it coming true.

Food for thought here... Perhaps man is affecting the future with their "dreams", and not the other way around.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I agree that this is cool, simply because of the coincidences. And I think they are nothing more than coincidences. This becomes obvious when one looks at everything that was written but does not ring true in today's world. Some of what you mentioned are things that would have been fairly easy to predict at that time. Maybe not that easy, but with a thorough examination of how things could possibly progress, I think some of these coincidences were actually well reasoned conclusions. For instance, my family says my grandma has been saying the same thing regarding China since at least the 60's, and this is just a random person who is not interested in world politics one bit, lol.

Sometimes I like to fantasize about what will be possible in the future, based on what we now know. Some of this stuff is probably already being developed, and I just do not know about it. For instance, cars that one does not have to drive...already exist. 3d printing is one of the areas that is fairly predicable as well in my opinion. In the future we will be able to create who knows what from a machine like this. I'm sure everyone gets what I am trying to say. Things tend to progress in a linear fashion, so thinking about advancements allows one to be fairly accurate in their predictions regarding the future.

It is interesting that he placed his date around 2010, although some of the descriptions have been happening for decades now. I am not sure if I am supposed to be debating whether these predictions were anything more than coincidence or not. I figure you were just bringing this uncanny book to our attention, and were not saying there was anything going on here, like involving psychic energies or something.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I read it hot off its first mass market edition presses. Brunner was one of my early favorites.
My all time favorite SF title is another Brunner classic, "The Sheep Look Up"

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Great find, thanks. It is said that it is part of the agreement that "they" have to tell us what they are doing and if we do nothing about it, it amounts to tacit assent. Therefore they obfuscate their intentions in symbols and fiction (which also form a predictive programming function but that's another topic) or they show an announcement (in the case of NASA from time to time) once in a very limited market like a small news program and don't ever reair it again (of course that aspect is changing with the internet, but that's another topic as well.)

Point being the points are so close that there are several possibilities that arise:

1) The scenario above, some sort of mystical tacit assent
2) Very insightful author that was able to extrapolate in 1969
3) Someone with inside information about the long term agenda that was trying to expose the plan

Or perhaps a mix of all of the above. Any way you go...creepy...and gonna look for it.

Edit:
For those that like audio books and are okay with certain moral grey areas when it comes to digital files this is an easy to find book.
edit on 10-4-2013 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given

Edit: Doing a little more looking (but not too much more) he seems to have been a pretty prolific writer, I wonder if some of his other books around that time show the same kind of bent. And if other novels have other correspondences.

edit on 10-4-2013 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Mind officially blown

You had me at the presidents name.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I can almost believe that since our president's name is Iraq Hussein Osama.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The presidents REAL name is Barry Soetoro
Link
edit on 10/4/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
People who are gullible enough to believe that this, as well as MANY MANY others,
is just some sort of strange, wacky, wild, weird co-incidence, needs to stick their heads back in the ground while the grown ups talk.

THe past 10 thousand years have been meticulously mapped and planned.
It was always going to end this way.
It had to.
We are subjugated to an inter dimensional alien intelligence and they will use who they use to get their message across. THey will increase their potential for a negative harvest by using the majik dating back to ancient Babylon and much further.

Through vocalizing/announcing their intention, with our help,
they give it life.
Through life, comes power, and through power comes creation.
and thru, creation comes control.

They do not possess the power of creation, so they use us instead.
We are actively creating this hell hole called "Earth".
We are following their blueprint step by step.

They use us to create their reality.
They use us as fuel.
THey will suck us dry, and then move on.
edit on 10-4-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Interesting post, OP. I just happened to pick up a copy of this in the last week. Your post has caused me to push it up closer to the top of my to-read list.

I've read just a little John Brunner before, "The Traveler in Black" and I liked that.

He has another novella, "Shockwave Rider", which seems to anticipate the internet and some of its discontents to a great extent.

Looking for more JB stories? Try googling "john brunner shockwave rider ebook" and go to the first link suggested.
edit on 10-4-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I don't find this uncanny at all, most writes and musicians will tell you they don't know where the idea comes from when they are writing, some writes don't even recall half the stuff they wrote.

Where is this inspiration coming from? an outside influence? a muse perhaps or even ET's, then again maybe just maybe we have seen it all before in our past lives.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Never heard this. I will be looking in the Library to see if they have it. Thanks for the tip.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralChaos
People who are gullible enough to believe that this, as well as MANY MANY others,
is just some sort of strange, wacky, wild, weird co-incidence, needs to stick their heads back in the ground while the grown ups talk.

THe past 10 thousand years have been meticulously mapped and planned.
It was always going to end this way.
It had to.
We are subjugated to an inter dimensional alien intelligence and they will use who they use to get their message across. THey will increase their potential for a negative harvest by using the majik dating back to ancient Babylon and much further.

Through vocalizing/announcing their intention, with our help,
they give it life.
Through life, comes power, and through power comes creation.
and thru, creation comes control.

They do not possess the power of creation, so they use us instead.
We are actively creating this hell hole called "Earth".
We are following their blueprint step by step.

They use us to create their reality.
They use us as fuel.
THey will suck us dry, and then move on.

is that why "the sheep look up?"

obomi is impressive.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
We can find works that uncannily presented an accurate description of future events- what about that story "Futility, or The Wreck of the Titan" which was written and published way before the Titanic was even designed?

In these cases we tend to hypothesize that the writer may have had prophetic abilities, was informed about the future somehow (or it was just coincidence, of course). Somehow, purposefully or not, consciously or not, they glimpsed the future.

But a different spin that I always have turn in my head is this idea-

What if they wrote the future? I mean, instead of it being something (things) that were already destined to happen at the time of the writing, what if it is their imagining it that created it?

If perhaps, they have a very strong connection to a collective subconsciousness, they may have created a potential future, into which probabilities can gather as time goes on.

This would mean writers are extremely important to us all! It would also indicate that mans "speciality", the usage of linear language and writing, would be THE key to his free will. It may be in our ability to imagine and to place into symbols that remain static and continue to carry that vision, that we have the ability to create our future experiences.

Just an idea.......

edit on 10-4-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

you are essentially saying the same thing I am it sounds like.
YES we ARE that powerful.
Only THEY are using that power thru US.

Short answer, YES, that is exactly what is happening.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Going through the list of predictions I must say, that half of them aren't.
Most the stuff that he allegedly predicted was already going on, or at least hot topics among academics. I'm not saying that this John guy isn't a smart man. It's properly an excellent book too, sounds good anyway.

But these are hardly groundbreaking predictions.

Here are a few examples:

(5) Europeans have formed a union of nations to improve their economic prospects and influence on world affairs. In international issues, Britain tends to side with the U.S., but other countries in Europe are often critical of U.S. initiatives.

The European Union was formed in 1952.

(8) Gay and bisexual lifestyles have gone mainstream, and pharmaceuticals to improve sexual performance are widely used (and even advertised in the media).

The same year as the book was released, 1969 The Beatles released the song Get Back, in which they mention both homosexuality and cross-dressing. 1970 the Kinks released Lola. 1972 Lou Reed released Take a Walk on the Wild Side, about a cross-dressing prostitute. What I am trying to point out, is that sexual experimentation was a HOT topic at the time, and EVERYBODY was talking about it.

(10) Motor vehicles increasingly run on electric fuel cells. Honda (primarily known as a motorcycle manufacturers when Brunner wrote his book) is a major supplier, along with General Motors.

Nikola Tanje Tesla, inventor of the AC generator, predicted this much earlier, at least as early as 1901, when he started building on the Wardenclyffe tower.
General Motors have always been a major player on that marked. At least since the early 19-century, and post WW2 Japan put all their focus into electronics, so even if they weren't already excelling back then, they would have been a pretty safe bet.

I am not gonna go through the entire list. But most of these are not predictions, and the rest aren't very big predictions.

Obomi... sure.. I'll give him that one.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
-Many of the "coincidences" in this book are overblown.

I read this basic article on another website last month and immediately torrented the book (and audio-book). First, its poorly written IMHO, second some of the things listed are briefly eluded to but in context make sense- For instance the "random killings" for example- In the late 1960s people were scared to death of "drug crazed hippies" committing random Violence and at the time of the writing the nation was going through the Charlie Manson scare and the propaganda against the hippies and anti-war activist's was at an all time high.

-Anyhow, I couldnt really get through the entire book for lack of interest AND after seeing how some of those "predictions" were so overblown I didnt expect things to change.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Did you know that Brunner is a German Jewish name? The author was most likely Jewish as is Obama.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think it's a lot funner to wonder whether this guy was a remote viewer or a time traveler. That's just way more fun. Imagine a sci-fi author who had a time machine and that's how he got all his ideas. In fact, that's not a half bad idea... I need to write that down!

The "mistakes" are there intentionally so as to not arouse suspicions....

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Wow that is crazy!

Wait...where is my flying car?

Sooon .... well Japan is very influenced in a Blade Runner Society So much that that the Nations Citys Look like Ridley Scotts Vision .......

Your Flying Car is Coming
www.japanautostore.com...

Ahhh ??
flying car technology unveiled at Paris car show

amazing new flying family car shown at Paris car show . lol
Read more at www.liveleak.com...

www.liveleak.com...

well see my thread about !! The Vison of ! Ridley Scott of Japan refuges! more less invades L.A.
yet To Come from the Fukushima Insident

Movie Blade Runner , THE Illuminati , Freemason Ridley Scott, and JAPAN! !!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I need to obtain an electronic version of this text so I may run it through my equidistant letter sequence software to see if I can discover the... Zanzibar Code!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join