It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Stabbed At Lone Star College

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
its why i always carry a knife to defend myself

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Oh so they aren't blaming it on some kid who took role playing a rogue in wow a little too seriously?

Holy # thats news.

Poor kids. cant even go to school without being stabbed.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Technically, they don't need pens or pencils at schools anymore.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What a turd, lock him up for the rest of his life.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
www.khou.com...
"They had a girl and she still had a blade sticking out of her cheek," said Michael Chalfan, another witness. "It was a box cutter to be exact, it was an X-acto knife." ... A male suspect was tackled on the campus and taken into custody. ...He has been identified as 20-year-old Dylan Quick. ...Chalfan said Quick was running toward him when he was taken down.
"He had a sinister look on his face, kind of like a smile and a satisfaction grin after doing it," Chalfan said.
A former student said he was in the same holding room with Quick after he was arrested for trespassing. He said he asked Quick what he was doing and the suspect replied, "I was going on a killing spree until my blade broke."

edit on 9-4-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...
Michael Chalfan, a student at the college, said that shortly after he arrived on campus on Tuesday, he saw police tasering the suspect, a student he recognized as a classmate in a drama class about a year ago.
Chalfan described the suspect as an eccentric student who carried a stuffed pet monkey around campus and regularly wore workout gloves.
"He dresses weird," Chalfan told reporters.

Did someone steal his stuffed pet monkey? The emotional trauma could have set him off.

-------

www.foxnews.com...
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said in a statement that Dylan Quick had been planning the attack at the Lone Star College System's campus in Cypress for some time and had fantasies of stabbing people to death since he was in elementary school. Authorities said Quick also indicated that he has been planning this incident for some time.

-----------

www.click2houston.com...
Deputies previously were searching for a second suspect, but Lone Star College System surveillance video and eyewitness accounts confirmed that there was only one suspect in the incident, according to officials at the college. ....Quick (pictured, right) was recently featured on the college's website because of his longtime participation in library activities. The student spotlight indicated that Quick was born deaf and at the age of 7 he received a cochlear implant.

So, he gets an implant in his head and suddenly starts having fantasies of stabbing people? And why would they initially think there was a second suspect?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver
[mo

In the world, usually people kill for money, revenge and stuff like that. But Some people just want to see the world burn. These guys are like that, so itz not easy to stop them.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There is one thing that is a fact. As of the current time, no one has died in this knife attack. It is not practical to compare knives to guns. I would find it a bit ridiculous if any of the comments about banning knives are anything but attempts at humor.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So where is the hue and cry to ban knives?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarcoBattaglia
There is one thing that is a fact. As of the current time, no one has died in this knife attack. It is not practical to compare knives to guns. I would find it a bit ridiculous if any of the comments about banning knives are anything but attempts at humor.

Actually it is comparable.

The point in making such a comparison is this..... If someone wants to do hard to another, there is very little you can do to stop that. So the choice of weapon makes no difference. Gun, knife, sword, pencil, baseball bat- it does not matter. ANY of them can kill you and any person who wishes to harm you can use any of these things to do so.

So banning guns will not stop violence. It will not stop some crazy person from going out and hurting mass amounts of people. If he/she can not use a gun, they will find another weapon to use.

That is why people make the comparison and this case highlights that simple point.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Uh Oh:

www.click2houston.com...
Quick was homeschooled...

-------------

If the guy ever spoke of fantasy of stabbing people since elementary school, there is a good possibility he was mentally 'treated,' which means an automatic prescription for SSRIs. Right now in New York State they are confiscating guns of people who are prescribed these drugs:

www.ammoland.com...

Which makes me wonder how this will be played in the media. Are they going to remind us how much worse this would have been if the guy had a gun? Will NY's law be held up as a model for what should be done? I am starting to smell a sophisticated psy op here.

/

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I would probably seek political asylum in a small country if I was stabbed by that goofy looking gentleman wielding a vicious boxcutter....shame on their classmates for not getting involved sooner, appears clear as day to me this guy was not a star athlete or any type of physical threat to anyone aside from perhaps a small girl who was frozen in shock. Hopefully this guy will be getting his sick smirk wiped off his face

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MarcoBattaglia

It was an Xacto Knife. If it was a "real" knife I am sure we would of seen more people dead. The fact that people, kids in today's society think its "funny", or "cool" to do these things is really disturbing.

There is a HUGE difference between an xacto knife to an actual knife.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

In this case, but check these out:

China Knife Attack

Japan Knife Attack

UK Knife Attack

Either way, if a person is willing to do it, it will happen. Whether its a Baseball bat

Baseball Bat Killing

It doesnt really matter, but please dont say "if this guy had a gun there would of been more deaths". Maybe this guy picked the xacto knife on purpose knowing he wouldnt kill someone but get the attention I am sure this crazy dude was looking for.

Think!!! Please!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
There were early reports of another suspect:

www.click2houston.com...
Deputies previously were searching for a second suspect....

Note also Quick is 20. Yet the early reports say it was a 21 yr old. Innocent mistake, or the age of the other suspect?
houston.cbslocal.com...
.As Sheriff Garcia stressed to those who attended Tuesday’s briefing that the investigation is one that is “active”, “current” and “fluid”, he did add that the stabbing suspect is a 21-year-old white male who is currently enrolled at the Lone Star College System.

forum.prisonplanet.com...
khou.com
"They are searching for at least one other suspect. He is described as a white male with shoulder-length brown hair, dressed in black with a backpack, according to unconfirmed police scanner reports."

The 'other' suspect seems to match the photos of Quick. Who was the first suspect? I heard early reports of a perp wearing a black hat and black-and-white striped shirt.

/
edit on 10-4-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Another Suspect?? I havent heard of this....

This would not be unheard of in these types of events now a days. Considering the Korea ramp up I am sure we will see more distractions coming up.

But, remember, these things happen all over the World on a daily basis, and even in the US. So the question is:

Why are these CERTAIN event covered but the others arent?? The ones that are covered seem to always have some unexplained 2nd.

Interesting to say the least.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
thats it we need a registry of everyone who purchases a butter knife to a bowie knife this is just getting out of hand now. we need to put huge taxes on knives and burden the shop sellers to call on every single person who buys a knife. we need to start putting serial numbers on all of them and make it impossible for someone to resell back to another person without the same checks and balances.

oh wait , dont blunt objects kill more people per year in any country over guns and knives combined?

thats it, cut everyones hands off NOW its for the children

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
If it was an x-acto then I am guessing there will no longer be dissection allowed in science class.....

I'm surprised they still allow it, ya know, desecration of lower life forms for the benefit of human parasites and all....maybe the whole thing was a pretext for getting rid of dissection in science class...I dunno though, I bet it was from the art department, as science people use scalpels I think and art departments use exacto knives.

all kidding aside, if someone is going to go on a rampage, obviously anything can substitute as a weapon of mass destruction.

edit on 10-4-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by MarcoBattaglia

Actually it is comparable.

The point in making such a comparison is this..... If someone wants to do harm to another, there is very little you can do to stop that. So the choice of weapon makes no difference. Gun, knife, sword, pencil, baseball bat- it does not matter. ANY of them can kill you and any person who wishes to harm you can use any of these things to do so.

So banning guns will not stop violence. It will not stop some crazy person from going out and hurting mass amounts of people. If he/she can not use a gun, they will find another weapon to use.

oh come on. You think going on a murderous rampage with a baseball bat is the same as going on a rampage with a gun?

I'm not for banning guns. But come on. Let's use some logic.

Guns are the most efficient means of killing a person.
numbers

What you guys are trying to argue is asinine, and makes you look like fools.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

no one has died in this knife attack

it was an f ing exacto knife lol, give him a real blade and see what he can do, he obviously didnt intend to kill anyone or he would have gotten a real blade longer than his hand or someones ribcage.

^^ he just some jackass that wanted to make the news and knows he wont go in for life becasue no one is dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join