It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Stabbed At Lone Star College

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is not about guns.

Please no more gun debating, if you want to debate guns go to one of those threads.

It is obvious this person had some mental health issues. One just doesn't' wake up one day and decide to stab more than a dozen people. They clearly have underlying issues that need addressing.

It doesnt' matter what one does there will always be tragedies where someone snaps. What can we do to help people with mental health problems besides dope them up with meds and toss them aside as "fixed."

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

keep fishing bro lol might get a few more stars

i realize you military folk think you are the baddest toughest mofo out there good for you. i could sit here and call you a coward for not being able to stand up in what you believe in even if it is ethically wrong and I can tell you killing people doesn't make you a man nor does the gun you carry .

I could sit here and tell you that but I could be wrong maybe you enjoy being sent to the middle east to terrorize that region and believe in the cause for what your brothers are dying for .

but if you want to try profiling you might not want to quit your day job .

I was raised to help people to stand up for injustice to think for myself .

edit on 9/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

Yeah ...you could.....but youd be wrong on all accounts.............

.and im not fishing for anything, you prove my point with your billy bad *ss attitude, and apparently im not the only one who sees it.....

and the whole point of all my posts was to point out just how fantasy filled and illogical your approach to the subject was.......

You think playing "super hero" tackling a knife weilding mad man, like some commando is easy.....and you fantasize about your "confrontation" , you admitted to it....

Yet you think its less logical to allow conceal carry in places such as this for just this type of reason......

it just doesnt seem your thinking rationally about the whole thing.....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Pic taken by guy that chased him down in the link. WARNING-language.
Good on this fellow who showed some cajones when everyone else was taking vid with their phones.

i.imgur.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

also if you want to talk logic by your logic everyone should carry a gun . think about it if everyone had a gun and started shooting at this guy how many people would of been shot by people such as yourself in a blaze of glory by a stray bullet . shoot first ask later is not using much commonsense

No one who has ever been in any situation with extreme voilence would talk about how "simple" it would be to just tackle a man running around stabbing people....

but you sit there and fantasize about what people with guns to take him down in in an enclosed space brilliant bro brilliant . another gun tooting gun owner with oodles of commonsense . maybe you are cowardly and need arms to deal with a violent confrontation not everyone , nor am I paranoid enough to feel everyone one else is out to get me and need a gun to protect myself .

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It's not a question of double standard. It's a question of recognizing the completely obvious differences of the two situations that you are attempting to compare as like-with-like.

You mean to tell me that someone in college is going through the same experience as someone in the armed forces? One is extremely freeing (and unsupervised) whereas the other comes (built into it) an element of rank and discipline (and is exponentially more supervised).

And getting a little bit of training says nothing of someone's stability (or life experience to-date). You may be completely calm most of the time, but people (especially those that have not dealt with emotional extremes yet) aren't at all aware of their own tipping point.

"its the ones with the illegal ones that are probably the ones doing the drugs and doing the stupid crap...... " I really think you need to get in touch with the youth of today. Do you realize the percentage of American kids that drink underage? Do you realize the percentage of American kids that at least try drugs underage? Again, I'm not even stating an opinion about this. It is a factual truth that this happens, to most of the kids under 21 these days (or even in "those days"). This should to be taken into account.

It's not a failure of logic, it's your inability to compare like-with-like.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
it just doesnt seem your thinking rationally about the whole thing.....

I am we just have different view on the whole issue .

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Look Mblah is right, this isnt about a gun debate, this is about a guy who stabbed someone in a school, my replies to you have all been about your hero mentality, but your first post in the thread was attacking the gun issue.......so you kinda prodded.....

also if you want to talk logic by your logic everyone should carry a gun . think about it if everyone had a gun and started shooting at this guy how many people would of been shot by people such as yourself in a blaze of glory by a stray bullet . shoot first ask later is not using much commonsense

Same straw man argument that is used every time..........and to answer that, why dont you look up on the news stories of people who have been put down by concealed carry owners, and then report to me how many innocent by standers they put down......

(p.s, like me huh? I would only hope that most of them had been as well trained as I am with my firearms, if that were the case there would be a hell of a lot less then when the police go trigger happy i can tell you that much)

but you sit there and fantasize about what people with guns to take him down in in an enclosed space brilliant bro brilliant . another gun tooting gun owner with oodles of commonsense . maybe you are cowardly and need arms to deal with a violent confrontation not everyone , nor am I paranoid enough to feel everyone one else is out to get me and need a gun to protect myself .

Again more straw man arguments........just cause one carries a gun doesnt make them paranoid......on the flip side, it seems that its you gun control advocates are the ones PARANOID about anyone having a fire arm

See how that works.......

2. Again......firing enclosed space etc etc etc , go look up instances of people using their concealed weapons to put down criminals, in banks , in malls, in homes, in neighborhoods, in public........

I challenge you......

Then tell me how high the casualty rate is..............your argument doesnt hold water.......

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I understand a person needs to try to stay unharmed but I would think a couple of guys could grab some chairs and beat the stuffing out of this guy. Of course that would probably put those guys in jail in our politically correct, criminals have more rights than victims society
edit on 4/9/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It seems this thread should be Titled:
Village Idiots With no Real Experience Come to this Thread to Argue Pointless Hypothetical Scenarios of Being Stabbed/Shot and Subduing Stabbers/ Shooters.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by okrian

the comparison stands.......

You seem to think that just because they are college kids they cannot possibly be trusted with the responsibility of carrying a side arm for protection......

Yet these same kids are asked to protect our nation..........so YES it is LIKE with like.......

And your latter point was about them going crazy and binge drinking( so what I drank at that age too , didnt make me irresponsible, i was just enjoying my younger years, and I had many legal guns and never once did they magically appear into some irresponsible shoot fest) h and doing drugs and being so damn irresponsible.........

my point is its THOSE you should worry about, because its the crazy drugged up ones that will probably already have the firearms to begin with...........

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
It seems this thread should be Titled:
Village Idiots With no Real Experience Come to this Thread to Argue Pointless Hypothetical Scenarios of Being Stabbed/Shot and Subduing Stabbers/ Shooters.

Village idiots come to thread to support criminals through inaction.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

At least two people did:

Investigators said a student tackled the suspect and that helped them capture the man.

Source

Also; Image of the subdued stabber. (warning; language)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Yes, i saw that. Good for them. probably saved a few more injuries. Looks like a few still will get involved even if there is a risk,

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I posted a link to a pick taken by a guy who tackled the stabber, but it got buried in the stupidity.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This story will further divide the nation as repubs will use it to prove that knives are dangerous and dems will use it to prove knives are not as dangerous as guns since no one was killed. Repubs will say that armed campuses would prevent this and dems will say...not sure, I guess repubs "win" this one although we all lose.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by freedomSlave

Look Mblah is right, this isnt about a gun debate, this is about a guy who stabbed someone in a school, my replies to you have all been about your hero mentality, but your first post in the thread was attacking the gun issue.......so you kinda prodded.....

(p.s, like me huh? I would only hope that most of them had been as well trained as I am with my firearms, if that were the case there would be a hell of a lot less then when the police go trigger happy i can tell you that much)

every comment on the first page was an attack of the gun issue of the first page it was clearly an opening to a gun debate and mockery of it or fishing for star take your pick .
I did want to stay on topic i even went back to the topic but no one cared to discuses it guess i peed everyone off with raining on their parade lol

agreed , we should also be asking what is it driving people to act out like this . There is a major societal issues going on and all the gun debate is doing is causing people to focus on on something other than asking what is really going on that is making so many people break down or lash out on society like this . people will always find a way be it a gun or knife or a car , home made explosives . realize this wasn't a gun control debate but everyone on the first page sure were trying to make it in one [\quote] .

as for the p.s. statement I agree with you i would hope everyone would be as well trained as you with a fire arm with your service , and with the police it would been a mess .

what a mess this society is in globally

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
We need reasonable and common sense approach to ban knives.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

my point is its THOSE you should worry about, because its the crazy drugged up ones that will probably already have the firearms to begin with...........

I could die driving my gravel truck or my car , I could and have come close to killing myself in a motorbike accident , I could choke on a pop corn , I could slip on a bar of soap in the tub and split my head or I could be shot each of all listed have a very low probability if I die I die i will not obsesses and worry about getting struck by lightning i will not sell my bike or nor will i stop using soap in the shower .

it is far easier to point a gun in some ones face than it is to cause physical damage of a physical confrontation

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bioshock
We need reasonable and common sense approach to ban knives.

then go start a petition if you people are so worried about it

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I think doping them up with prescriptions is causing people to snap like this have you read some of the warning associated with many of these phych drugs as i said before I think the gun debate is to take away focus away from the real issue , mental health

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join