It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Stabbed At Lone Star College

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
all laughs aside though... I do not understand why no one tried to tackle the guy and make him drop the knife... i mean really....

Because he was armed.
We have raised a new generation that was taught this: "It is not worth your life, give them what they ask for, don't make waves."
In other words, cower in fear, and hope that you are not killed.
The same thing could have applied at Luby's Cafeteria in Texas, Virginia Tech or Columbine.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I can imagine that there are progressives that are upset that the person used a knife instead of a gun.

That's quite a focus your imagination has. Must be quite a day that you endure as someone who is so limited in overall perspective.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
wow,
my first thought unfortunately is ..

How the HELL did 14 cats let someone stab them with a scalpel? LOL

Are people really at such a lack for balls these days?

Call me crazy, (everyone does!) but as soon as I seen a dude with a scalpel in my classroom trying to stab people, or hold the classroom up..

I'd instinctively bum rush his ass and even take a stab or two, my adrenaline would cover me for the moment, and I'd choke that fool out, maybe break his wrist, maybe gouge him in the eye right off the bat.. whatever

I know I know, it sounds like wishful thinking, when people puff up and say what they would've done, but this is literally what I *know* from who I am as a person, I'd have no choice.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Lol, I'm glad I am not indoctrinated in that "it's not worth the risk to your life" stuff

The whole situation sounds so retarded, I guess I'd have to be there.

MAYBE .. they all rushed him, and some got stabbed up in the process. If that happened, bravo to those kids.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

armed with a knife... no other weapons and also virginia tech is way different. Being stabbed I imagine hurts but you could at least deal with the pain til the suspect is pinned down even if you are bleeding but to prevent anymore stabbings. Honestly this is just rediculous...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by beezzer
I can imagine that there are progressives that are upset that the person used a knife instead of a gun.

That's quite a focus your imagination has. Must be quite a day that you endure as someone who is so limited in overall perspective.

Before he mentioned it, had it occurred to you?

If it did, you must be in the same boat as beezzer.

If it didn't, some might see your imagination as being limited.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

all laughs aside though... I do not understand why no one tried to tackle the guy and make him drop the knife... i mean really....

Yeah I know it is kinda sad x amount of people trying to take down one or two guys with a knife wouldn't be to much effort . all it would of taken was a cut block from behind

many people are just to fearful to get involved in any sort of violent situation or they just panic

edit on 9/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I stand corrected,

"Investigators said a student tackled the suspect and that helped them capture the man."

two refused to go to a hospital

Sounds like someone actually took control of that situation, which is great.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

yea but when? after 13 others were already stabbed? come on now...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

armed with a knife... no other weapons and also virginia tech is way different. Being stabbed I imagine hurts but you could at least deal with the pain til the suspect is pinned down even if you are bleeding but to prevent anymore stabbings. Honestly this is just rediculous...

I agree.
But what other reason can you think of to keep the people present from pig-piling the perp before 14 people were stabbed.
All I can come up with is fear.

So if you were in Luby's Cafeteria.... would you have knelt down on the floor and let him shoot you in the head?
More than a few did just that.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This guy had a stuff puppet!!!

COME ON PEOPLE !!!

Someone had to know this guy was a little off, he carried a puppet he talked too!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

A gun? Yea cause I have never experienced having a gun point at me so I would imagine i'd be too afraid to do anything, but a knife nah I would tackle the bastard as soon he stabbed me even if i was bleeding out.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

It cracks me up when people like you theorize how easy it would be and how it would be no problem......

The same people who have never faced a situation like that in thei LIFE from their comfy chairs in front of their computers.......

When in reality you probably would have panicked and been out the door as fast as you could....

I knew guys like you that talked like that when I was in the military, they all talked big and bad....

That was until the first fire fight/IED/traumatic display of voilence occured.......then they froze or ran.......and had to be dealt with with harsh language and physical contact to keep them from getting themselves killed or their men around them........

But go ahead and strategics how you would use your tackle technique.....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

A gun? Yea cause I have never experienced having a gun point at me so I would imagine i'd be too afraid to do anything, but a knife nah I would tackle the bastard as soon he stabbed me even if i was bleeding out.

Sure you would.........have you ever been stabbed?

Where are all you heroes coming from?

Seriously some of you people have no sense of reality when it comes to stuff like this....

Im glad he was taken care of and I am glad there were some that did tackle him despite the risk of bodily injury....

But just the way you guys talk like its no problem to get stabbed and you could function the same is RIDICULOUS....
edit on 9-4-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I am from Texas and thought exactly the same thing because everyone here either has or knows someone with a conceal permit becasue they are so easy to get which is a good thing.

I have a feeling he was running place to place and stabbing so people could not easily figure out who was doing it and get a chance to stop it. Most people were probably trying to figure out why they are bleeding while the others were helping them with their injuries.

edit on 9-4-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Sure some people would run away, but i've dealt with a knife held to my throat before and i tackled the guy to make him drop the knife before he had the chance to do anything else. So before you assume that people on here have never experienced a knife attack think before you press that reply button.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well, I am not going to kneel down and hope that they don't pick me to shoot in the head.
At the very least, I would give the shooter a moving target, and maybe a target that is getting progressively smaller.

A shooter can only shoot accurately in one direction at a time. I will not be one of the sheep that makes it easy for him to kill even more.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I didn't say it would not be a problem but I know for sure I wouldn't just let him stab others, I am a person that if I see violance happening even if my life is being threatened I take action despite if I am gonna die or not. Its how I was raised. Some may not be the same but that is how I am.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Notice how the same people who do not support the regulation and registration of guns are mocking the potential deaths of innocent people

I think this really reveals the character of these people.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yea and what if theres not much space to run? You gotta remember tables everywhere and doors, it wasn't like the kids at that school were outside to make it easier to run away from them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join