Several Stabbed At Lone Star College

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Two points I would like to make about this incident. Just because 14 are wounded and no one is dead do not make light of it. These young ladies had their faces slashed. What are they going to go through for the rest of their lives if they develop scares across their faces? The reason no one is dead is because the suspect was using razor like weapons not knives or daggers used to kill people.

If you put a real knife in someones hands and they stab someone with it trying to kill them they have a very good possibility of doing so. As I stated before mass stabbings that kill a lot of kids are common place in China.

Another point since I live in Texas. A friend who is a Psychologist told me they have slowly been removing money from the mental health system. Not only country wide but state wide. They would send mental health care professionals to your house in the past if they thought you were troubled. Now they just call the police on you. You don't get any help. So what happens?

People end up not calling anyone when they think you are disturbed because they don't want the cops involved and or the cops are not prepared to deal with a situation like that. Since the suspects mental health was called into question I felt it necessarily to point out the diminishing mental health care in the USA and Texas. The suspect supposedly had fantasies about this for a very long time so I would say he was definitely in need of help.
edit on 10-4-2013 by AllGloryIsGods because: I am far from perfect.
edit on 10-4-2013 by AllGloryIsGods because: I am far from perfect.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You know what's next right? That's right....more knife control laws....

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

No it is illegal to carry a gun onto a college campus in Texas. Same with a courthouse or a bank. If its posted its illegal. Some stores have it posted. If that law wasn't put into place by the FEDERAL government he would have been shot dead while trying to get to the second victim.

The no guns on school property are Texas statutes...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Next month i will propose mandatory helmet laws when driving a car.

We actually need the helmet laws for all other times....

Have you seen how many people die from injuries due to falls? One American is killed in a fall every 29 minutes.

We need to outlaw hospitals.... one person dies every 6 minutes due to a medical mistake or an infection picked up in a hospital.

Murder is already illegal, and an American dies once every 32 minutes by homicide..... but alcohol is legal and kills many more. Just drunk driving alone kills one American every 31 minutes.

If we all wore flotation vests, we could save all those that drown..... one American every 159 minutes.

It'smylife.com

Maybe we could just live a happier more dangerous (but free) life.... Make Congress hold sessions in a hospital!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Whether here in the states or abroad to me the common denominator with all of these attacks / killings of this nature are absence of right and wrong in the attackers mind, altered state of conscience assisted by sri's , desensitized and disconnected emotionally, all leading to massive lack of love and compassion.
It would be nice to abandon the culture we are promoting as a collective species world wide that embraces the continued propagation of selfishness and position based thinking and actually get to the NEEDS that aren't being addressed that helps create these monsters, and these monsters are potentially in all of us.
You cant legislate compassion and caring and these individuals committing these acts are nothing more than a mirror to the level of the absence of love in this world,
The numbers will not diminish as long as we're on this collective path, and as long as destruction and hopelessness and medications to survive are the only provided answers.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
are we going to have to have stricter knife control laws? This goes to show what I believe. It isn't a knife or gun or even a rock, it's the person who's willing to use it as a weapon, keeping one weapon achieves nothing, and would only be a waste of time and money. I personally believe that everyone should know how to defend themselves instead.

when that guy stabbed you, in the moment he's holding you just swing your arm, hand in a chopping motion and hitting them at the neck, you can cut off blood flow, breathing, or hit the nerve and knock them unconscious or dead. Yes you would have to be put in hospital for the stab wound, but you just stopped someone. People need to learn to fight for others, and get hurt to keep others safe.
edit on 10/4/2013 by locololo because: extra information

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by neo96
Ban knives!!!

Those mass stabbings have got to stop!!

Why would you ban knives? If you adhere to the theory that these attacks have been planned to garner support for gun control then this falls in line with the others - there were no guns, and subsequently no deaths

Sometimes I wonder if you even look up at the screen after banging on your keyboard

Blah,Blah,Blah the point is so simple even a progressive can comprehend it. Guns and knives are just tools and both can hurt and kill people.

A knife can be just as deadly of a weapon as a gun. The end. Try and spin that.
edit on 10-4-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-4-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

And my fingers can rip out a carotid artery ...shall we register our fingers?

Opps. They already are...if you've ever given fingerprints anyway. It simplifies an issue that just isn't that simple so why do people keep harping on it. Nobody has even died in this attack. Imagine if this kid had daddys gun?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllGloryIsGods

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Normally, I try to avoid using any type of cliche`, but in this instance, I can't help it.

This happened in Texas!! and nobody within the vicinity had a gun? NOBODY!?!?

No it is illegal to carry a gun onto a college campus in Texas. Same with a courthouse or a bank. If its posted its illegal. Some stores have it posted. If that law wasn't put into place by the FEDERAL government he would have been shot dead while trying to get to the second victim.

Contrary to what some here would have you believe, Texans are NOT all armed.

Nor do most of us want to walk around with a gun or carry one. There are few situations where a gun is needed (hunting, yes, and if you have a ranch you might carry one sometimes) and while some have guns and legal carry permits, most of us don't.

Most of us carried them up until the mid 1900's, when the landscape became dominated by large cities and we no longer needed to walk around and defend ourselves from rattlesnakes or defend our livestock from predators.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
are we going to have to have stricter knife control laws? This goes to show what I believe. It isn't a knife or gun or even a rock, it's the person who's willing to use it as a weapon, keeping one weapon achieves nothing, and would only be a waste of time and money. I personally believe that everyone should know how to defend themselves instead.

when that guy stabbed you, in the moment he's holding you just swing your arm, hand in a chopping motion and hitting them at the neck, you can cut off blood flow, breathing, or hit the nerve and knock them unconscious or dead. Yes you would have to be put in hospital for the stab wound, but you just stopped someone. People need to learn to fight for others, and get hurt to keep others safe.

NOTHING kills as many people in as short a space of time as an automatic weapon.
Any mood swing at all with a gun in ones hands is far more deadly than a mood swing with a knife or a car or a hatchet. Do you pro gun "a gun in every pot" people believe that because it is the truth.

People are the problem and "troubled" people "with guns" are on the top of the pile.

I don't think people need to learn to fight for others. What are we, cavemen?

People need to become civilized, educated and have their health care issues addressed. What is an organized country for if not the health and welfare and ultimate satisfaction and happiness of the people?

Especially their mental health issues. We have got to stop the top heavy accumulation of money in this country and get some of it going toward professional help and services for people who are struggling with mental health issues and roaming the streets.

edit on 10-4-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Very interesting points. Not to make light of the situation, far from it, but what happened to the days our parents and grandparents spoke of when people duked it out in the playground via fisticuffs? This is obviously opinion, but if half the people who had guns and knives, or sharpened pencils for that matter, were either disarmed or channeled their frustration through art, or rap music, fewer physical injuries would result. Evening up the "playing field" is not the answer. More guns = more casualties.
edit on 10-4-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: addition

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by locololo

NOTHING kills as many people in as short a space of time as an automatic weapon.
Any mood swing at all with a gun in ones hands is far more deadly than a mood swing with a knife or a car or a hatchet. Do you pro gun "a gun in every pot" people believe that because it is the truth.

People are the problem and "troubled" people with guns are on the top of the pile.

I am not a pro gun "a gun in every pot" person. I stated not that I believe that everyone should have a gun, I stated that everyone should be able to defend themselves. And I do agree that automatic weapons are far more deadly in a mood swing, hence why I also do not believe that a gun that can shoot several dozen rounds at once is a weapon that is not required for civilians to possess.

I would like to request that next time you say something don't try to judge me and attempt to label me. One does not need a gun to defend themselves.

We are not cavemen no. We are humans, and I believe that humans should be able and willing to protect themselves and others, because no matter how pacifistic your delusioned utopia would be, violence will always exist.
edit on 10/4/2013 by locololo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by locololo

I guess you do not adhere to the use of the word "you" to mean a collective and not one individual personally? If you exemplify the teachings of a group, you are going to be identified with them. Perhaps you should lighten up? Judge you? LOL I did not even look at your name nor do I have time or inclination to judge you.
edit on 10-4-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I will lighten up when I get out of my classes for the day. And I was not exemplifying with any group's teaching by speaking of people defending themselves. Because defending does not equal a gun. and by judge I speak in the sense that you misinterpret my point, and attempt to label me and in process judging me by associating me with a group that you dislike.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

oh come on. You think going on a murderous rampage with a baseball bat is the same as going on a rampage with a gun?

I'm not for banning guns. But come on. Let's use some logic.

Guns are the most efficient means of killing a person.
numbers

What you guys are trying to argue is asinine, and makes you look like fools.

I agree guns are very efficient, but that is not the point. No one is arguing efficiency.

At the end of the end of the day which matters most?

a) What weapon you were killed with

b) The fact that you were killed

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

What is going on! People are snapping left and right. I wonder what happened and what caused this person to do what they did.

This is not about guns but this just shows that if someone wants to do harm to another they don't need a gun.

www.click2houston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I predicted a couple of years ago to my friends and family that because of the state of the economy we're going to start seeing more and more violent crimes.

I guess soon I'll need to have a background check to purchase a new Shun santoku I've been eyeing for my kitchen
edit on 10-4-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Originally posted by MrWendal

I agree guns are very efficient, but that is not the point. No one is arguing efficiency.

At the end of the end of the day which matters most?

a) What weapon you were killed with

b) The fact that you were killed

At the end of the day, each of these 14 victims were/are still alive.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar & post by AllGloryIsGods

Same reply to each of you.

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar

Normally, I try to avoid using any type of cliche`, but in this instance, I can't help it.

This school, like almost all others, is a "gun free" zone. ETA: I can't tell if your post was intentionally snarky, or a honest question?

I'm sure it is also illegal to carry a bag of pot on campus, but that doesn't mean that nobody has any.

People break laws each and every day. Do you honestly believe that nobody will, simply because there is a sign telling them not to?

In this current society, we are repeatedly given more and more reasons that could persuade even more people into breaking said laws.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AllGloryIsGods

People end up not calling anyone [color=FFBB6E]when they think you are disturbed because they don't want the cops involved and or the cops are not prepared to deal with a situation like that.

I sincerely hope that was just a poor choice of words. If not, then you must be a strong supporter for a future 'Nanny State'.

Average Joe's opinion of whether or not someone else may be slightly disturbed, is in no way a precedent for some sort of legal recourse.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Ah its been repoted to be a exacto knife , they also recover a piece of the blade from a victim !

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

I just purchased one of those for one of my courses; I hope this does not deem me a criminal.
edit on 10-4-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join