It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 4, accidentally kills Tenn. deputy's wife

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by POXUSA

the kid might have been merely a prop!

My point being that even if the cop pulled the trigger, he's relying on the 4 yr old to maintain a story, etc. and not rat him out. THAT is a big gamble. I did read it, I simply considered all of the ramifications of hinging your story on a 4 yr old.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Having a few cop friends, they are required to either have it on them or secured (i.e. locked) at all times. They don't have to have it on them if off duty, but if not, it should be locked.

Personally, I adopt the same policy with mine. Right now, or at any time, my firearms in a locked place or places.

If he was showing this weapon off, why was it loaded with 'one in the chamber', and safety off??

An even better question... I've only shown weapons to very close friends, and each time, they were unloaded (and I had checked the chamber and barrel before allowing them to handle), and instructed them to do the same, and made sure they didn't point it at anyone all the same.

You confirmed my thought, when I went through training. But, why teach a 4 year old a gun? There's more to this. A 4 yr is too young to understand.
edit on 17-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join