It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm suffering from mental health problems and constantly get denied help. Something needs to be don

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well, here we go. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Originally posted by mblahnikluver I expect some help when I ask for it with something is clearly a problem in this country. People like YOU make it hard for people like ME to get help. I'm so sorry you live a perfect life.

You Expect help I think is a huge thing here. You think that just because you ask for help, you are owed it? If you want help, go get it. Instead of moaning about how tough it is. Should it be handed to you on a silver platter? And my life is perfect?? Geez, do you know me?

Originally posted by mblahnikluver Too darn bad. I was a tax payer for decades so I have paid my fair share for medicaid recipients.

You were a tax payer. Now, others, like any Pyramid scheme, are left holding the bag. Nice.

Originally posted by mblahnikluver I have never had one single problem with those on Medicaid. There are those who don't abuse the system and truly need help.

That is nice.

Originally posted by mblahnikluver There are those who don't abuse the system and truly need help. Not everyone who is on govt assistance is lazy and don't work.

Did I state that in my response? I will wait for my quoted statement of this.

Originally posted by mblahnikluver God for bid you ever have a major change in your finances. You just again might need that assistance.

I have, and because I made good choices early on, myself and my family were able to weather the storm.
It is not the responsibility of the other citizens to carry the weight of others.

Originally posted by mblahnikluver I am sorry my boss was a sexist pig and fired me because he didn't like that I was pregnant and thought i should lift mattresses while pregnant and no I didn't even work with mattresses.

That is truly sad, but there are many many avenues to resolve that.

Originally posted by mblahnikluver I hope you never lose your job or income. You might need medicaid.

I may lose my job at some point in life. That is why I have planned ahead to deal with such things. Not my fault, nor my burden when others don't do the same.

Originally posted by mblahnikluver You obviously didn't get my post. I can use Medicaid anywhere and have had no problems except with mental health provider. Mental health is not the same as say an OBGYN. Mental health has always had very selective options esp where I live when it comes to what kind of insurance they have. I have had non medicaid insurance in the past and was DENIED help. So Think before you speak of something you know nothing about. I have personal experience so that makes me more qualified than you I think.

Yes, I got that. Again, why should the tax payer foot your bill? You still haven't answered that .

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
WHERE did I EVER say I wanted medication? I didn't. You didn't read. I do NOT want medication. I want to talk to someone and YES that does help. If you have never dealt with mental health then you will not understand. I do not like medication and do not want it.

Great to hear. My mistake then.

Spoken like someone who clearly has NO idea what they are talking about. I highly doubt depression was as common back in the "stone age" as it is now. I am not talking about depression either I am talking about bi polar/manic depression which is CLEARLY different than depression and you just don't "work thru it."

SO medication then???As for humans in past times. I am sure these things were around, but they were dealt with in others ways.

YOu need counseling. It's not that simple. If it were I wouldn't be asking for help!

Ahhhhhh, never mind.

Cont.....

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Where did I ask for anything free? Again I didn't. Don't make assumptions.

So, in asking for help, you want what then? Maybe a listing to local doctors, since free is not what you want?

Doctors today price gouge you when you don't have insurance or they only take cash. I"m sorry but $250 dollars is a ridiculous amount for a visit.

So, you get to decide what they charge?

Most want you to come weekly, who can afford that? Surely not the average American. For some that is half their salary a week.

So, the doctors should do what? Cut their prices and just absorb the lost revenue?

I have dealt with this industry and being in between with insurance and types. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to pick up on their pricing practices when you pay cash.

SO, again, you get to decide what they charge?

People like you make it hard for people like me to seek help. You are judgmental and make assumptions on a subject you know nothing about. Be happy you have a job and insurance, you never know when you could lose both

Other then judging your retorts about what doctors charge, when did I call you any names?
I am very happy with my job, career and employer. I am also very happy that I will be starting my own company that will be a second job.

Kind of hard to believe after you just basically accused me of being a free loading lazy welfare recipient who expects hands outs for something I should just basically get over and deal with.

And where did I call you a free loader.
Your manufactured outrage really shows just how big that chip is on your shoulder.

People like you make it hard for people like me to seek help.

So, I am stopping you from seeking help??? Do, please show me this.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Still don't see how it is the responsibility of the tax payer to do this stuff.

All of these things offered have been, in the past, the core responsibility of the individual. And by some weird fluke, we have made it this far.

This is the same mentality of the helicopter parent thinks that their child can't do things like sports, or wear a helmet just to walk across the street.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

We are all born into this World the same yet we are all born into a society and personal circumstances that are very different to each other. We are all unique.

Some people have opportunity and help whilst others have none, through no fault of their own.

Sometimes # happens to the best of us whilst fortune falls on those who prey on others misfortunes.

It's all about fairness and how WE as individuals would like to be treated by society in an hour of need.

Taxation plays a small part in balancing the unfairness that happens to others.

Why should a monetary system allow advantage to those that are fortunate in gaining wealth and have easy access to help when others have none? Again, through no actual fault of their own.

Oh, all you had to say is the Progressive mantra of "Fairness".

Carry on. All is fair now that money is stolen from me to pay for others.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by NavyDoc

good job doing the research. I'm a little lazy lol. I did warn she "must" look it up first tho. I'm lazy, not irresponsible.

No, you did good. It was good advice as St John's Wort is very effective, but pregnancy does change things that are normally "no brainers" into a more cautious approach.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Dude, what the hell, do you honestly think your posts are helping her in any way?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Oh, I thought this perhaps might help as well. It didn't occur to me at the time I was going through my pregnancy, but I have friends who did this during pregnancy and they said it was really therapeutic for them. Ask your doc, if you are able to do yoga. I know you mentioned you were put on bed rest, so this may not be an option for you, but if the doctor thinks it is safe, then that could be a possible way of feeling better? Maybe there are classes for moms to be and that way you could get out and not feel so chained to the house? I know when I was on bed rest, I climbed the walls.

Another similar thought, spend time out in nature, meditate since you cant and dont wish to medicate. I did this as well and looking back on it, that really helped me too. I'm sitting here trying to reflect and come up with ideas because I remember how hard it was for me, and I hate the thought that you are in a similar situation. As others have mentioned support groups, I think that might be a good thing as well, talking with people who understand is often helpful, and I see that many ats members on this thread understand and care, so try to take comfort in that.

Blessings,
Mija

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I guess we should just hide the facts and reality from people, to save them.

Okay then.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I guess we should just hide the facts and reality from people, to save them.

Okay then.

I never heard her ask for a penny of yours.

The woman and fellow member is in crisis.

Start a new thread that kicks people when they are down.

To the OP...All my love and prayers.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Now is not the time to get mental health treatment unless you are suicidal. If you want to get on an SSRI and expose your baby its not a good idea.

Take the time now to get your head strait as it affects the fetus. Is there a type of mental help you can get without taking a drug?
edit on 10-4-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Offering to send her antipsychotics while she is pregnant is totally insane and for you to offer to a fetus is even more idiotic. If you like your seroquel dose up but don't push it on this lady, besides, is she going to depend on you for refills of this garbage?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by caladonea

Thank you

Yes I just want to talk to someone. I am not a fan of medication, it always has an adverse effect on me. I took the seroquel cause i was desperate and it did work but i have long lasting side effects from it. I know that while pregnant they won't give me anything but I just want to talk to someone. I want someone to listen.

Thank you everyone for your replies. They all made me cry. I get more love here than from doctors and that is one reason I love ATS so much. The people here really are something special

Seroquel is not an anti-depressant and to use it as such was, until recently an off label use. It is a dangerous and powerful antipsychotic.

Now, that said, call your local Medicaid office and ask for assistance finding an OB/Gyn in your area who will accept you. Do not take no for an answer from them. They will try to ignore your request but be strong and don't let them shuffle you around. Also, if you can, record the conversations, just tell them you will be doing so. (In the case that you or your baby suffer any adverse effect from lack of prenatal care you have evidence that you sought said care.)

If all else fails find a health dept. clinic. They are not the greatest, but they will refer you to another Dr. if you have other problems.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Dear mblahnikluver, my suggestion to you is to lose faith in the mental health care field as they are worse than the federal reserve when it comes to creating things out of nothing. Mental health problems are a result of environmental factors and the invisible hand of the economy god. Your best bet is to believe there is nothing wrong with you, to get treatment by causing a scene at a mental health care facility, and to do the complete opposite of what they tell you. In order to be taken serious for mental health issues you have to cause some sort of scene/disruption that goes again social norms/intuition, otherwise they will just think you're faking it. Again, be careful not to get sucked down the rabbit hole with these guys, this field is the definition of evil.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sorry, I have no pity party for you for wanting the psych meds. It's still an experimental process to find the ones that fit. Magic fairy doctor isn't going to come in and fix everything.

Have you tried going through the physical health route? Go to a regular doctor and say you think you have Hashiomoto's disease, where some of the symptoms include mania and depression. Because... maybe you do have it, or some other problem that affects you mentally. Cancer, heavy metal poisoning, recurrent infections, etc. There are always other diagnoses that could account for the bipolar symptoms. Maybe you have food allergies that make your symptoms worse. Try other roots to get to the core of your problem, because drugs just make you broke and obese, and drug-dependent. It's not as glamorous as the latest movies advertise.

Or do what the other nutters -- hey you want that image, drug-seeking and all -- do: get hospitalization for saying the word suicide. The trip inside the institution is like joining a cult though, you won't get out until you're loaded with meds and your pupils get a little bigger, and you're too lethargic to put a sentence together.

I hope you're not doing this to accessorize your ATS image; you don't have to be mental to post here.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I recommend looking at ASMR videos on Youtube. Many are recorded with Binaural audio and are quite well produced. They invoke a relaxing, almost trans-like effect in me, allowing me to zone out and forget the world for a bit. My favorite "whisperers" are TheWaterWhispersIlse, ASMRVids, RelaxingASMR, and ASMRRequests.

Please give these a try, I think they will be of some help to you.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I don't want to anger or offend anyone.

But here we have yet another mental health topic full of posters who 1) didn't read the opening or subsequent posts in their entirety (OP has stated both in her first post and repeatedly after that she does not want medication, but therapy,) and 2) think they have all the answers either out of

A: Ignorance of the condition in question (for instance many are saying that because the condition is neurotransmitter-based that therapy alone can confer no benefit whatsoever which is not the case,)

B: having had the same condition or a similar condition and therefore assume that what worked for them will work for everyone,

and/or C: outright rejection of the existence (or severity) of the condition altogether.

I respect everyone's opinions, but unless you have been in exactly the same shoes OP finds herself in, with all due respect, you don't necessarily know what you're saying, and much of what is being said could be incredibly hurtful, and possibly even damaging to this person's mental health depending on their current state of mind.

I can already see some possible responses to that. "I'm not going to walk on egg shells for this person just because they have a problem." "Their mental health is not my responsibility." "She just feels entitled to help." Those opinions are everyone's prerogative. But I am simply not capable of feeling comfortable with those positions given my own experiences with the mental health system.

Good luck, OP. I agree with you about the need for better and more freely available, comprehensive mental health care, for what it's worth.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Your attitude towards Mblah makes me physically ill. It is people like you that makes me hope karma exists.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
A psychiatrist wont see you because they do not do psychotherapy. A psychologist wont see you because it would actually cost them money to take medicaid. Same with the psychiatrist really. You might be able to see a counselor but they don't do psychotherapy that I know of they just listen.

Obama wants to cut that medicaid again too. I am sorry that you have to deal with this kind of messed up system but this is the reality until someone changes it. Medicare is a little better but you would have to be on disability and Obama again wants to cut it as well.

Fact is no one that prescribes medication will treat you while you are pregnant and getting anyone to take 30 to 20 bucks per visit (what medicaid pays) is probably not going to happen unless they are also getting state money. Then they have to pay a secretary to file the medicaid claim and they end up losing money.

Read a long article over it recently and one of my best friends is a psychologist here in Texas. I get to hear it from him about how they are constantly taking money away from mental healthcare. I completely agree that they need to get off gay and gun rights and on to mental healthcare.

Fact is the mass shootings and the mass stabbings are being done by people who needed mental healthcare and didn't get it. Jails are now being used instead of mental healthcare hospitals. It sounds to me like you need to see a psychologist. I doubt the state or medicaid will pay for it.

Best of luck and God bless.
edit on 11-4-2013 by AllGloryIsGods because: I am far from perfect.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Still don't see how it is the responsibility of the tax payer.

Personally I believe it is. I do not believe physical health should be but mental health definitely should be taken care of by the government if the individual cannot do it.They are fighting their own brain how can they even provide for themselves? Bi-polars can suffer from hallucinations and psychosis if they are not treated.

My landlords niece and her baby were killed by her bi-polar husband who refused to get treatment. He then killed himself. Mental disorders are not the same as physical disorders. When you are fighting your own brain its not even close to the same thing as giving someone tax money for healthcare.

Mental disorders affect the individual and everyone around them. Physical disorders usually only affect the individual. I don't want someone with a mental disorder walking around untreated in the community. It is in everyone's best interest to see that these people get help so they can join society and become productive not destructive.
edit on 11-4-2013 by AllGloryIsGods because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Something you might want to check into is pregnancy resource centers in your area. You might be able to get donated clothes, baby supplies and advice. Birthright might be able to steer you in a few good directions.

Focus on the future and get your nest ready as best you can.

About every Catholic church has a pro-life group. You can get in touch with that ministry by calling the church office. See what they can help you with. We have a shop in this area where expectant moms can get donated items for free even cribs and car carriers. One thing I have learned in life is that if someone tells you they can't help you ask them if they know anyone who can.

Soon it will be garage sale weather and that is a great place to get baby clothes for next to nothing.

There must be pregnancy support forums on the web. These would be great places to discuss things with people who are interested in pregnancy and child care related topics.

Watch videos related to infant care so you won't be so nervous about what to do when the time comes. Get books on infant care from the library. There really is much to know.

Go to thriftyfun.com and see what you can find. There are lots of ideas on how to save $.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join