It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tourist Visits to North Korea Suspended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

A China based travel company has announced that all tours to North Korea will be suspended from tomorrow due to spiraling tensions on the peninsula.

The news followed a warning made by Pyongyang today which advised foreigners based in South Korea to start preparing evacuation plans in the event that conflict takes place in the coming days.

Dandong based “Explore North Korea” published a notification this evening at 9:43pm Chinese time which told customers that all tours to the DPRK would be cancelled until further notice.

Link to Source

Hm. So while other countries tourism agencies are still operationg tours to North Korea, one of China's has decided that it's not worth the risk anymore.

China of all places.

Interesting development.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I get that they have to do this, but I mus say.

Given the current events, anyone who would want to go there isn't
too bright to start with.

Why put yourself into a situation?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Oh, I agree!

However, I've been watching #northkorea on Twitter for about a week now, and it amazes me just how many people, both in the U.S. and South Korea take this all as a big joke.

They feel it's a sheep in wolves clothing, which may be the case, but why take chances?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sheep in wolf's clothing or not, going there, even with proper paperwork, is still likely to get you arrested on suspicion of being a spy, so who in their right mind would risk it? (and to see what exactly?)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Reporters?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
When SHTF and you are there, you will get front row seats on the biggest sustained display of fireworks the world has ever seen, as all kinds of artillery pieces and missiles and if you are lucky - a nuke or 2 exploding in Seoul.

Just make sure you are responsible enough to leave a will, pay off all debts, ensure everything is tided up before getting on the plane to S.Korea. It's your free will and choice......if you foolishly think such sights are worth it all.....

edit on 9-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

Reporters?

They don't count as being in their right minds....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
When SHTF and you are there, you will get front row seats on the biggest sustained display of fireworks the world has ever seen, as all kinds of artillery pieces and missiles and if you are lucky - a nuke or 2 exploding in Seoul.

Just make sure you are responsible enough to leave a will, pay off all debts, ensure everything is tided up before getting on the plane to S.Korea. It's your free will and choice......if you foolishly think such sights are worth it all.....

edit on 9-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

You have to be kidding....

For starters if SK WAS actually seriously threatened it's one of the few places in the world I'd actually be willing to enlist to fight for... I Love those people they are awesome

Second... the only reason I wouldn't take a flight over today is I promised my son I wouldn't go again without him and he's just a year or so shy of being able to go with given my custody situation.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This thread is a bummer anyway.... I was really looking forward to visiting shrines to "Dear Leader" and drinking in empty bars and watching Jong Il's terrible monster movies all night in an empty hotel room...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by penninja
This thread is a bummer anyway.... I was really looking forward to visiting shrines to "Dear Leader" and drinking in empty bars and watching Jong Il's terrible monster movies all night in an empty hotel room...

You can't forget the karoke! Do they eat kimchi in North Korea? I've never had home made kimchi before...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Gazrok is right, there is nothing to see there, except fatboy Kims doughnut factory of course.

Is there even anything to see in the South?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Dear elevatedone, ATS Readers, Writers,

EXACTLY!!!! SPOT ON... My thoughts precisely.

Their would be you the tourist and one more maybe... Dennis Rodman the basketball dude.

Frankly riding around on a tour bus with THAT weird guy would get old fast .

And out your window to the left we have 5 emaciated starving peasants!

Up ahead, we will show you MORE starved emaciated peasants, if you are lucky, you might get a picture of some who have died of starvation in the streets.

Of course, if you take a picture, we will have to take your camera away from you, destroy it, and introduce you to our re-education camps/prisons; which by the way is the LAST stop this tour bus goes to.

Have a good day, and PLEASE return to North Korea for your future vacation holidays!

Pravdaseeker

new topics

top topics

join