It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

76 yo Charged For Killing Aggressive Bear In Own Backyard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I really need to refresh on my Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. I know anything necessary is legal, regardless of the apparent insanity. I know this is just another attack on the 2nd Amendment. The utter disgust I have at the kind of person(DA) that would use this kind of situation to add to the #'s of their successful endeavors on their political resume is just the kind of person the gov is trying to promote its own recruiting. Shameful. The guy was protecting himself. I'm amazed he dropped it on the 1st shoot. It usually takes a head shot from a high power rifle to drop a bear.

An Auburn, Massachusetts, man is facing charges for killing a bear in his backyard. The odd incident unfolded after the animal chased Richard Ahlstrand around his yard. Apparently unable to escape, the 76-year-old turned to his shotgun.

The Blaze
edit on 9-4-2013 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If he'd shot a robber that would chasing him around his yard, that would be OK.

But if you shoot a bear chasing you around.... That is a crime against nature!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Assumed if you dont have a phone or signal to alert authorities,

or if its a true emergency, its warranted to defend ones own homestead and person from imminent danger, be it from wildlife or wild human life.

Then again, what isn't illegal or offensive in USA these days? Talk about 'bearing' the burden!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Now when this guy heard

"the right to bear arms"

He said "Imma get me some of those!"

*bam zing*

ok I'll go to bed now.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Two words.
Jury Nullification.

Next!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So I would think the only reason a person would illegaly bait and kill a bear is to turn it into a trophy. You would NOT shoot it with a shotgun if that were your intention.

Seems like a crazy story, perhaps an example of our laws gone wild. Where is the common sense here? It shouldn't take lawyers, judge and jury to find it. In fact, the more our democracy breaks down and relys on the 'system' to sort it out later, the deeper we dig our hole.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Posted earlier here

Originally posted by FortAnthem
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

join