It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to 'launch missile TOMORROW' after warning foreigners to evacuate South

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
I heard earlier on sky news that the speculation is a possible launch that would (if left to run its' course, which will never happen it will get taken down, if launched) overshoot Japan as a warning.

Japan is ready for such a scenario.

Mark Stone, on Yeonpyeong Island, South Korea Japan has deployed missile-defence systems in its capital as North Korea warned foreigners in the South to take evacuation measures in case of war. The interceptors were set up as a precautionary measure, and the Japanese newspaper Sankei Shimbun reported that North Korea would launch a missile test on Wednesday. Two Patriot Advanced Capability-3 surface-to-air missile launchers were stationed at the defence ministry in Tokyo before dawn, and other batteries are to be installed in the semi-tropical island chain of Okinawa, officials said.

SOURCE

I wouldn't put it past NK to do such a stupid thing, I personally think all the posturing was originally a way to force us all to sit down and say "Oh OK then we'll lift some sanctions. Now go way stop being an irritating little boy". Unfortunately for him it didn't work and now he's painted himself into a corner so to speak.

Just my opinion

Cody

i fear the moment they shoot that thing down, all hell will break lose on the 38th parallel. at the same time. Japan can not allow a nut job to fire missles over its country. Rock and a Hard spot.
edit on 9-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My take is this. They will fire a missile and within seconds, we will have it's exact trajectory. If the missile flies into open sea, away from Guam, Japan, SK, then I think the US does nothing.

If it shows even the slightest hint of approaching these areas, we will shoot it down. Of course, I'm wondering if NK is wanting us to shoot it down so as to claim that we initiated an act of war, giving them reason for further escalation.

With little troop movement on NK's part, I doubt this is little more than sabre rattling. I'm sure the US is smart enough to know when its being baited.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
PREDICTION TIME!!!!!

In two days time, L'il Kimmy will give a speech saying something along the lines that the west has capitulated after the glorious missile launch (that didn't take place) and that normal talks will resume with America cowering beneath the might of North Korea.

Nothing of substance will change, but pooter-pants will strut around like he's King Beef and rake in the adoration of the starving North Koreans. (when I say "pooter-pants" I don't mean Obama
)

But nothing will change other than the fact that the heated rhetoric will decline.

In my humble opinion, of course.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Considering most of their rhetoric comes about 8 or 9pm EST I wouldn't expect to see anything till around then. More then likely if they did something it would be overnight here and we would wake up reading about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by Kituwa
It's already April 10th in NK.

www.timeanddate.com...

Thats what im saying. is its NK tomorrow or our tommorw because our tommorow is NK today??? im so lost.

I think that "tommorow" was said yesterday so that means today?

NK is 1 hour ahead of where I am in the west of aus. I didn't know that before yesterday.

So hopefully little kim is having his beauty sleep as should I, and when he wakes from that sleepy slumber tomorrow he'll have forgotten all about hating the world and wanting to blow it up with nukes.

If not, I hope he does it before I have to go out. I'd hate to be stuck in traffic during a war or something.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
reply to post by thoughtsfull

The way that's worded, it doesn't sound like it excludes the 10th. I too could have sworn it said after the 10th, but the exact quote is more ambiguous. The 9th is an important number to them, so I wouldn't count today out completely.

Great. So we have:

. Warning of safety concerns from 10th.
. New moon on 10th making night attack better. (also anyone remember thread about new moon conspiracy?)
. Warning for foreigners to evacuate.
. NK's apparent fondness of the number 9. USA still in 9th, whilst NK on 10th. (new moon)
. NK satellite over eastern USA for several days starting already.
. And now a warning that a missile test is imminent

At least if something happens it won't be a surprise.

Anyway, with all these points pointing towards conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy, it's bound to end in nothing. Or will it? Hmmm.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
already posted
edit on 9-4-2013 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't expect anything to happen.

What I mean is, everything seems to be talk, and little action. There's no doubt that the South, Japan, China and the US are monitoring everything, and I think they would have at least closed the embassies if there was any genuine evidence of a threat.

I think, it anything, N Korea is going to test a rocket. As I understand it the rockets currently seen in place on the East launch area are untested, so they kind of have an excuse to throw one out there.

What I'm more worried about is the US, SK and Japan moving so much defensive weaponry in place that it almost forces action to justify it. What I mean is, if we all spend a hell of a lot of money building defences expecting something, and then nothing happens, could political pressure force someone to justify that by striking first?

But then again, is that such a bad thing? We know NK has nuclear capability, it's only a matter of time before they manage to shrink it down to a warhead, and judging by their actions they are far from stable or even remotely sensible.

I honestly think we would be better off dealing with NK now, than waiting until they have a nuke aimed at Japan, SK or the US.

Lets be honest here, it really couldn't get much worse for the people of the North than it is right now, and it could get much worse for the rest of the world if we don't do anything. We would be doing them and us a favour by carrying out strategic strikes on their nuclear sites and leadership, then placing in a peacekeeping force able to provide support to the people there. They are already surviving hand to mouth in the country, so decapitating their leadership is not likely to harm the majority of the country.

It's horrible to think about it, suggesting that war is the favourable option, but we have to be realistic here and consider the potential consequences if we allow them to develop a nuclear weapon.

For the first time in my life I am actually almost pro-war, and while that does scare me a little, the consequences of doing nothing are far more frightening.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Who starts off a war by firing a test missile?

Just sounds really suspect to me. I think fatty Kim is looking for someone to shoot it down to use it as an excuse.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by Rodinus

Originally posted by jerryznv
What a hoot...I'll !be really surprised to see North Korea launch anything more than more propaganda!

But if they do launch...it'll be a neat show!

Well, i hope you won't be in the vicinity of a missile if one is launched by anyone in the world...

Because i don't think you will have time to find it neat as i don't think that anyone on the end of a missile finds it neat!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

To touch on what you said, all there is to find in war is misery. There is no glory in death, there is no honor in killing. Only hell. – quoted by me.

I don’t fear attacks on US soil, however, I do fear China retaliating and selling ALL 1 trillion of our US Treasury Bonds. If this happens, say good buy to the USD and America entering into 3rd world status.

On that note, (no pun intended) who would buy them? the last time I heard that happen Britain was one of the nations that brought them up at I may add as huge savings... can we say swindle???

Edit to add: at least that was how it appeared to me...
edit on 9/4/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

thats the problem, no buddy would. right now we are buying 90% of our own debt by printing money. If those bonds hit the market, the market will determine the value. We could see Interest rate skyrocket (6%,8%,10%,16% who knows). Unless the Federal Reserve pulls a reach around, gives money to the brits and has them buy them up in the name of England. Thats possible.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Who starts off a war by firing a test missile?

Just sounds really suspect to me. I think fatty Kim is looking for someone to shoot it down to use it as an excuse.

That's just it, I don't think they do want a war, they just want more money and aid to keep their little dictatorship going. Their political ideology has failed miserably, and they cannot survive, but they are far too stubborn and deluded to change it either.

Even if they did want to move forward and change, how would they possibly implement any social systems to support their population? They don't have the money for that. They can't tax the people to pay for a basic standard of living. They can't invest in infrastructure to improve their lives. They would need outside help.

The irony is, they potentially have that help right over their border from SK. There is plenty of motivation there to reunite the Korea's and the south would help them come up to an equal quality of life, with the help of China and the US too.

But, the dictators in the North know that this would probably be the end of their grip on their people, so they're not going to let that happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

edit on 9-4-2013 by FlesyhTwonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There on the brink of famine there. He’s backed into the corner and china is massing on their boarder. He was brainwashed into unification of Korea. He’s young and the young thirst for war. If he invades SK, he might have a chance of confiscating food and fuel for his country. Who knows but that country, NK, has little time left before the people start hunger riots.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by camaro68ss

Do we go On 3, . or do we go on 1, 2, and then 3. LOL

In this case I do not think that time is crucial.

1...2....5! *three sir...3!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlesyhTwonk

Great. So we have:

. Warning of safety concerns from 10th.
. New moon on 10th making night attack better. (also anyone remember thread about new moon conspiracy?)
. Warning for foreigners to evacuate.
. NK's apparent fondness of the number 9. USA still in 9th, whilst NK on 10th. (new moon)
. NK satellite over eastern USA for several days starting already.
. And now a warning that a missile test is imminent

At least if something happens it won't be a surprise.

Anyway, with all these points pointing towards conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy, it's bound to end in nothing. Or will it? Hmmm.

The 9th of April is exactly 40 days prior to Pentecost 2013. 40 is the number for God's judgment.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

There on the brink of famine there. He’s backed into the corner and china is massing on their boarder. He was brainwashed into unification of Korea. He’s young and the young thirst for war. If he invades SK, he might have a chance of confiscating food and fuel for his country. Who knows but that country, NK, has little time left before the people start hunger riots.

That's the issue I see, you only have a certain amount of time to blame outsiders for your woes before internal unrest gets to breaking point.. and I fear we are nearing a point where the North can only go one way or the other, either breaking down due to internal unrest or project the building anger externally in a real conflict...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I don't think they do want a war, they just want more money and aid to keep their little dictatorship going. Their political ideology has failed miserably, and they cannot survive, but they are far too stubborn and deluded to change it either.

Even if they did want to move forward and change, how would they possibly implement any social systems to support their population? They don't have the money for that.

There's a reason they don't have the money for that.

Apart from Cuba, the other UN states that do not belong to the IMF are North Korea , Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein, and Nauru. Also non-members are Cook Islands, Niue, Vatican City, Palestine and the states with limited recognition (other than Kosovo).
en.wikipedia.org...

CHOKE them until they break. And when they're broken, choke them some more. How else would the international bankers make a profit, for cryin' out loud.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

since this is a conspiracy website i wanted to throw out an idea.. what if.. what if..

nibiru is coming. some asteroids along with it that they know are going to hit. never waste an opportunity to take advantage of a disaster right is what they say? instead of telling all of us the truth they are going to try and create conflict / war and blame it on north korea. try and create a war out of it.

i was watching a history channel show about the asteroid that hit thousands of years ago. they demonstrated on the show the exact flight path that it astrologically followed (that they today could predict or recount). they showed where it came in. where it hit. timing of it all. etc.. if they could do that for something that happened thousands of years ago don't you think they could do that for what could be happening right now? i think so. which is maybe why last week they were naming cities? they know. and maybe are even trying to tell us but at the same time deceive us.

we know that the media is never telling us the truth. there has got to be something more behind all of this than just some crazy leader who wants to start a fight..... hide the truth. and use it to start a fight... they said even a little while ago that an asteroid hitting looks like a nuclear blast (for example the one in russia). coincidence???

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolet

I don't know about the nibiru thing but at this point in time nothing would surprise me and although a lot of people might deny it, there are widespread expectations of a coming collapse of what we loosely term "civilization". TEOTWAWKI. Some people even yearn for it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
I don't expect anything to happen.

What I mean is, everything seems to be talk, and little action. There's no doubt that the South, Japan, China and the US are monitoring everything, and I think they would have at least closed the embassies if there was any genuine evidence of a threat.

I think, it anything, N Korea is going to test a rocket. As I understand it the rockets currently seen in place on the East launch area are untested, so they kind of have an excuse to throw one out there.

What I'm more worried about is the US, SK and Japan moving so much defensive weaponry in place that it almost forces action to justify it. What I mean is, if we all spend a hell of a lot of money building defences expecting something, and then nothing happens, could political pressure force someone to justify that by striking first?

But then again, is that such a bad thing? We know NK has nuclear capability, it's only a matter of time before they manage to shrink it down to a warhead, and judging by their actions they are far from stable or even remotely sensible.

I honestly think we would be better off dealing with NK now, than waiting until they have a nuke aimed at Japan, SK or the US.

Lets be honest here, it really couldn't get much worse for the people of the North than it is right now, and it could get much worse for the rest of the world if we don't do anything. We would be doing them and us a favour by carrying out strategic strikes on their nuclear sites and leadership, then placing in a peacekeeping force able to provide support to the people there. They are already surviving hand to mouth in the country, so decapitating their leadership is not likely to harm the majority of the country.

It's horrible to think about it, suggesting that war is the favourable option, but we have to be realistic here and consider the potential consequences if we allow them to develop a nuclear weapon.

For the first time in my life I am actually almost pro-war, and while that does scare me a little, the consequences of doing nothing are far more frightening.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you. The fact that leadership is unstable and threats are continual should be enough. Now they are finding its ok to announce a test (and I don't think they would announce it if it was meant to target someone unless they are truly that inept). While war isn't a good answer some creative minds need to get together and figure out how to end this once and for all, and if there isn't a way...ugh...just do what's necessary.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join