It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to 'launch missile TOMORROW' after warning foreigners to evacuate South

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

Well if NK can't give a precise time and be punctual about their missile launch ?
Then they're obviously out of control !
edit on 9-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hi Folks,

I actually came across this link from North Koreans in exile if any one is interested? :

newfocusintl.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that they aren't clock watching and will be launching right at 12 midnight... just a hunch you fear mongers

Will they launch a missile today some time, I say yes. Will it cause WW3, I say no.

Hoping I'm wrong, Never.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
So this launch may actually take place later today based on the time difference. Things could get very interesting if they do in fact decide to go through with this launch with tension as high as it is already. Waiting to see if they actually go through with it.

the threat is as plain as day, NK decleared there in a state of war. Now there firing a rocket, logic says you MUST shoot it down.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It was in a UK paper today that the NK Embassy is evacuating in London and are loading up box trucks full of boxes. This is the most extreme posturing since the Korean war.

edit on 9-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by Gazrok

I am trying to remember the wording of the missive to the Embassies in the North, wasn't it along the lines of not being about to promise their safety after the 10th... so I would assume from that they would be still considered safe ON the 10th.. but that could just be my faulty memory.

Ok so sourced it out and the wording from Torygraph says
"It said that the North Korean government would be unable to guarantee the safety of embassies and international organisations in the country in the event of conflict from April 10,"

Does anyone read that as meaning they are safe up to the 9th or do you think it includes the 10th?
Linky: www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 9/4/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Gazrok

I am trying to remember the wording of the missive to the Embassies in the North, wasn't it along the lines of not being about to promise their safety after the 10th... so I would assume from that they would be still considered safe ON the 10th.. but that could just be my faulty memory.

Ok so source it out the wording from Torygraph says
"It said that the North Korean government would be unable to guarantee the safety of embassies and international organisations in the country in the event of conflict from April 10,"

Does anyone read that as meaning they are safe up to the 9th or do you think it includes the 10th?
Linky: www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think "from" includes April 10th. Otherwise they would say "after" april 10th, meaning a launch on the 11th. I read it as a lunch on april 10th NK time.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

The way that's worded, it doesn't sound like it excludes the 10th. I too could have sworn it said after the 10th, but the exact quote is more ambiguous. The 9th is an important number to them, so I wouldn't count today out completely.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Thanks
... my brain was reading "after the 10th" and I have probably re-read it so many times my brain has stopped working properly

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
It was in a UK paper today that the NK Embassy is evacuating in London and are loading up box trucks full of boxes. This is the most extreme posturing since the Korean war.

Actually, there's no confirmation of that. There is a sign posted out front saying they'll be moving stuff out, but the official explanation is that it's for the secretary. Not saying it's totally false, just that there's been no official statement about them leaving. And NK love their statements.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Curio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Anything IS possible with these guys.....
They have some fanatical military dudes.....and i mean really fanatical.....
Nk spec for. will be dedicated little spetznatz to deal with....
The line up between the most powerful military machine, the world has ever seen, and the poorest little dictatorship on earth, may produce a few shocks.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Was this the link?
Is North Korea pulling its ambassador out of Britain TODAY? Removal van loads up outside Ealing semi where secretive state is based
more at: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What a hoot...I'll !be really surprised to see North Korea launch anything more than more propaganda!

But if they do launch...it'll be a neat show!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Do we go On 3, . or do we go on 1, 2, and then 3. LOL

In this case I do not think that time is crucial.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Interesting thread, I am commenting so I can keep an eye on it
S&F OP

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
What a hoot...I'll !be really surprised to see North Korea launch anything more than more propaganda!

Well, i hope you won't be in the vicinity of a missile if one is launched by anyone in the world...

Because i don't think you will have time to find it neat as i don't think that anyone on the end of a missile finds it neat!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Actually, there's no confirmation of that. There is a sign posted out front saying they'll be moving stuff out, but the official explanation is that it's for the secretary. Not saying it's totally false, just that there's been no official statement about them leaving. And NK love their statements.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Curio because: (no reason given)

It reminds me of when Japan was burning documents In their embassies in Washington DC hours before there attack on Pearl Harbor. Right after they give FDR peace medals.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Well, i hope you won't be in the vicinity of a missile if one is launched by anyone in the world...

Because i don't think you will have time to find it neat as i don't think that anyone on the end of a missile finds it neat!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

To touch on what you said, all there is to find in war is misery. There is no glory in death, there is no honor in killing. Only hell. – quoted by me.

I don’t fear attacks on US soil, however, I do fear China retaliating and selling ALL 1 trillion of our US Treasury Bonds. If this happens, say good bye to the USD and hello to America entering into 3rd world status.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I heard earlier on sky news that the speculation is a possible launch that would (if left to run its' course, which will never happen it will get taken down, if launched) overshoot Japan as a warning.

Japan is ready for such a scenario.

Mark Stone, on Yeonpyeong Island, South Korea Japan has deployed missile-defence systems in its capital as North Korea warned foreigners in the South to take evacuation measures in case of war. The interceptors were set up as a precautionary measure, and the Japanese newspaper Sankei Shimbun reported that North Korea would launch a missile test on Wednesday. Two Patriot Advanced Capability-3 surface-to-air missile launchers were stationed at the defence ministry in Tokyo before dawn, and other batteries are to be installed in the semi-tropical island chain of Okinawa, officials said.

SOURCE

I wouldn't put it past NK to do such a stupid thing, I personally think all the posturing was originally a way to force us all to sit down and say "Oh OK then we'll lift some sanctions. Now go way stop being an irritating little boy". Unfortunately for him it didn't work and now he's painted himself into a corner so to speak.

Just my opinion

Cody

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Kindest respects

Rodinus

To touch on what you said, all there is to find in war is misery. There is no glory in death, there is no honor in killing. Only hell. – quoted by me.

I don’t fear attacks on US soil, however, I do fear China retaliating and selling ALL 1 trillion of our US Treasury Bonds. If this happens, say good buy to the USD and America entering into 3rd world status.

On that note, (no pun intended) who would buy them? the last time I heard that happen Britain was one of the nations that brought them up at I may add as huge savings... can we say swindle???

Edit to add: at least that was how it appeared to me...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join