It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to 'launch missile TOMORROW' after warning foreigners to evacuate South

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Source

NORTH Korea has completed preparations for a mid-range missile launch tomorrow from its east coast, officials in Seoul have revealed – just hours after foreigners living in South Korea were warned to quit the country.

Did a quick search and couldn't find anything. Sorry if in wrong place I am in a rush.

Looks like it might just happen then! scary times ahead.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It's already April 10th in NK.

www.timeanddate.com...

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

Well, we've seen lots of indications mentioning tomorrow as some kind of deadline date...guess we'll see.

Personally, launching even a test missile after threatening to nuke someone?....I think the case for self defense can be made easily enough if that happened. This would be a dumb move by NK.

Although, it'd be funnier to just shoot it down and still sit around waiting...
Or better yet, after it has fired and been destroyed, issue a press release asking NK to please fire the second one, to further help with our own missile defense testing.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa

www.timeanddate.com...

Thats what im saying. is its NK tomorrow or our tommorw because our tommorow is NK today??? im so lost.

I think that "tommorow" was said yesterday so that means today?
edit on 9-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Well, we've seen lots of indications mentioning tomorrow as some kind of deadline date...guess we'll see.

Personally, launching even a test missile after threatening to nuke someone?....I think the case for self defense can be made easily enough if that happened. This would be a dumb move by NK.

Although, it'd be funnier to just shoot it down and still sit around waiting...
Or better yet, after it has fired and been destroyed, issue a press release asking NK to please fire the second one, to further help with our own missile defense testing.

They already said there in a state of war with SK. With that said, any launch will be seen as an attack. Whouldnt you think?
edit on 9-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Exactly...which is why it would be a stupid move on their part, even if they try to claim a test.

To another:

Thats what im saying. is its NK tomorrow or our tommorw because our tommorow is NK today??? im so lost

Can't get the link to pull up for the article, so have to check article date to know.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Link doesn't work for me. What news source is it? Are they reliable? (as reliable as we can trust any news source anyway)
Out of curiosity, what is the exact time difference between the US and NK? I think part of our 9th is their 10th. Either way, we should know how full of it they are or aren't soon.
ETA: Answered before I could even finish my reply. Thank you!
edit on 9-4-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well, I think all the embassies are still in the North, it seems we are in for an interesting ride.. deadlines come and go and some will be wondering what has happened, although I am mindful of the twilight war of WW2 where everyone was waiting for everyone else to start..
edit on 9/4/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Reply to post by camaro68ss

is it not Wednesday in nk in about 15 mins? I'm in the uk

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

www.timeanddate.com...

Thats what im saying. is its NK tomorrow or our tommorw because our tommorow is NK today??? im so lost.

Exactly what I was questioning.

Will they launch on US time zone or NK time zone?

Let's hope neither!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Almost 1am (April 10th) in the NK capital right now. They are 13 hours ahead of Eastern time (US).

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
Link doesn't work for me. What news source is it? Are they reliable? (as reliable as we can trust any news source anyway)
Out of curiosity, what is the exact time difference between the US and NK? I think part of our 9th is their 10th. Either way, we should know how full of it they are or aren't soon.
ETA: Answered before I could even finish my reply. Thank you!
edit on 9-4-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

Im on the US West cost and its 8:53 here on 4/9 so its 12:53am 4/10 in seoul, SK

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by camaro68ss

Exactly...which is why it would be a stupid move on their part, even if they try to claim a test.

To another:

Thats what im saying. is its NK tomorrow or our tommorw because our tommorow is NK today??? im so lost

Can't get the link to pull up for the article, so have to check article date to know.

Here is another site with date and time in NK.

www.worldtimeserver.com...
edit on 9-4-2013 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

www.timeanddate.com...

Exactly what I was questioning.

Will they launch on US time zone or NK time zone?

Let's hope neither!

I have no idea about the launch timing, except perhaps referencing the notice to the embassies in the North saying they can't promise to keep them safe after the 10th...

Still I guess it could be a dud rocket and not launch... now that would be embarrassing, but perhaps the best outcome.
edit on 9/4/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by Gazrok

OK cheers. the server seems a bit funny. sometimes it loads sometimes it doesn't. express.co.UK is the source and it was posted an hour ago. quick Goole search for the title will bring It up

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think that North Korea is going to try to pull another feint in an attempt to push the US and Allies into a full fledged combat operation.

Un could order it and then tell the world that a rogue commander instigated it, but it is now beyond his control now that the Allies have reacted.

Personally, I think that the nukes he does have are at strategic avenues of approach since Korea is so mountainous. Nuclear mines, so to speak. With Chemical weapons aimed at the lesser AoA’s.

Hell, he may have even smuggled one or two out and had it put aboard a ship under a different flag to attack the mainland. It’s pretty hard to track all shipping in the world.

If a nuke could be smuggled aboard ship, if I were UN, I would use it to attack the East coast. The MSM would immediately assume that Middle Eastern terrorists were at fault, thereby deflecting the blame for a short period buying him precious time.

If this ends up coming to blows, it will be the biggest asymetrical war ever. No one will be safe and the worlds economy will probably fail.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There are several news sources reporting the threat of a missile launch today or this week, mostly citing concerns by South Korean officials, and some of the discussion of US officials on whether or not we should shoot down such a test.

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I guess it is not strange then that UKs first nuclear test was more to see what a ship smuggled nuke would do.. I find it interesting that was our (as in Britains) main worry all that time ago and it even more disconcerting that worry has not subsided since... en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So this launch may actually take place later today based on the time difference. Things could get very interesting if they do in fact decide to go through with this launch with tension as high as it is already. Waiting to see if they actually go through with it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I am trying to remember the wording of the missive to the Embassies in the North, wasn't it along the lines of not being about to promise their safety after the 10th... so I would assume from that they would be still considered safe ON the 10th.. but that could just be my faulty memory.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join