It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORTH KOREA: 4 US Soldiers, voluntary and independently, defect to NK...(circa 1960)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Wouldn't want to be with a skanky women who is after material wealth anyway.

On topic : I think I would have defected and done the same thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I watched it and by the end was completely disgusted by him.
what else to say?
He's a sorry individual willing to be a pawn in return for 800g of rice till his dying day..what a POS

b
edit on 10-4-2013 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think he is clearly sad the longer the movie goes on. Hell, his free doctor visit basically ended when the doctor said hes fat, drinks and smokes to much. Then goes on to drink with some dudes on the street and waste time fishing because he has absolutely nothing to do. He also cares dearly for his children, but there seems to be some dark stuff going on in the background that he can't or won't talk about. Watch the part about his inital escape to the russians, where he then goes on to say he just needed more education, he didn't want to die or be punished.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

No doubt!

Some people are just happy being useless. He didn't display one ounce of honor, dignity or ambition in the whole crappy documentary.

All I heard was "whaa, whaaa, whaaa, now I can do nothing for the rest of my life and stay drunk."

Did anyone really fall for this crap? He was a slave to his own bad decisions and lack of ambition.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Digital_Reality because: I forgot..

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
why have we not heard of this ?

really ?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metatronin
I think he is clearly sad the longer the movie goes on. Hell, his free doctor visit basically ended when the doctor said hes fat, drinks and smokes to much. Then goes on to drink with some dudes on the street and waste time fishing because he has absolutely nothing to do. He also cares dearly for his children, but there seems to be some dark stuff going on in the background that he can't or won't talk about. Watch the part about his inital escape to the russians, where he then goes on to say he just needed more education, he didn't want to die or be punished.

Yep...

I think everything his comprade said when he escaped back to Japan was true, he just couldn't agree with him cause he still lives in NK and the other guy got out.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Did anyone really fall for this crap? He was a slave to his own bad decisions and lack of ambition.

No.
People just think it's a good documentary.
Which it is.

Odd, if you thought that the purpose of the movie was to sell you something.

Either that or you didn't quite comprehend the (rather obvious) geo-political situation under which the documentary was allowed to be filmed.

With regards to your closing sentence, I agree with you. He was a slave to his own bad decisions.
As we all are.
His bad decision, however, involved running northbound across the border in the Demilitarized Zone.
Which, for better or worse, is a rather permanent bad decision to make, as it affords one neither the luxury of publically regretting, nor a ready opportunity to remedy...

~E.C.
edit on 10-4-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 3mperorConstantinE

No I got it. I had no problem "comprehending". HE was trying to sell something. You just missed it. He was selling the delusion that its all hunkey dory in NK.

He was even selling it on the loudspeakers to his former comrades from behind enemy lines. Im just pointing out that his message was bunk. Im not calling out the people who shot the documentry. I thought it had value and gave insight into a place not well understood.

Lets not get into a pissing match over diferent points of views. I respect your opinion. Pardon my frankness but this sort of thing can be an emothional topic depending on how you look at it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I find this eye-opening in a sense and I hate to say it, I find these men to be traitors in a sense.

I just can't fathom an American G.I willingly defecting to the other side.

But that's not a bad thing. There are many things that one can learn from those who do defect. They may know more than what is already on the surface as far as the Korean conflict is concerned.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I thought that the DPRK's attempt to have him “sell” future viewers on the idea of everything being “A-OK” there was so cartoonishly transparent as to not even question whether or not anyone would “fall for it”.

But I have zero problems in respecting your emotionalism for this topic.

No disrespect intended.

~E.C.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

I'm not so sure I would count Dresnok as a G.I. who acted with intention to defect.

He acted on impulse. His motivation being to avoid facing his court martial -- for forging a superior's signature on forms, so that he could go off-base and party.

Which is lame, of course. But going AWOL isn't exactly unheard of, either.

He just happened to be in a spot where the only place to run was forward … into North Korea, lol.

~E.C.

edit on 10-4-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

CALGARIAN, I want to thank you for posting this video, I watched the enitre thing. Mr Dresnok is an interesting Man. I can't believe that I have never heard about him, or about the other 3 who defected. I have mixed feelings about him. My first were dominated by an understanding of his personal situation, but then I noticed his eyes and realized that he was not being 100% truthful.

Of course that is just my opinion, but I feel that what he has had to carry inside himself all of these years has been very heavy, and would be for any human being in the same scenario. He was far from honest, not that I doubt that The North Koreans did not treat him well, it's just that I believe that he spent most of his life wishing that he could return to The USA. Sure, he can claim that he's fine with his choices, but anyone with a brain can recognize that he surely is not.

Then Jenkins, the 4th to defect, his account of living in North Korea did influence me a bit, but at the same time I believe that he was not being 100% truthful either. I mean, once he returned to Japan, what else could the Man say? Plus, he was clearly trying to reduce his sentence, which nobody can blame the guy for doing. I do believe that when he first defected and ended up being connected with the other 3 that he most likely did try to take the dominant position within the 4 Americans. Is that a good or bad thing? I have no idea. Shall we judge that Man on that power grab if so or if not? That's such a small matter in the grand scale of this story, So no.

One thing that did throw up some red flags for me was about what Dresnok had to say about Jenkins personally, and his comments about Jenkins kidnapped Japanese wife. Dresnok mentioned how one time when he was dancing with Jenkins Japanese wife, that he slipped his finger's down her skirt, but "just a few inches", and that Jenkins noticed this.

Then Dresnok goes on to say that from that day on, He no longer spent time with the Jenkins family. He even acted as if he had no idea why he was no longer invited over to share their company. Well, that right there tells me that Dresnok was a self centered creep. What kind of Man would do that in a situation such as theirs, or in everyday life period, Then to go on and gloat about it in this documentary? I don't know, but what I do know is that I did not like his perverted comments about Jenkins wife. That says a lot about a Man's character, without a doubt concerning a Man from that era where talk like that was unheard of.

And finally again, Jenkins himself is a bit of an opportunist, but I find it very hard to blame him for that. He only got 30 days! So the Man did his work well. I wish that they focused a little more on the other two Americans who fled to North Korea, but for the most part it was a really good video.

I would like to finish off with this. I wonder why the North Koreans kidnapped a Japanese women in order for her to marry Jenkins? Did they want to mix an Anglo Male with a Japanese Women, and for what reason? Why not have him just marry a Korean female? I understand that the North Koreans are very big into preserving their race, but it still makes no sense. After all, The Japanese are the stronger ancient Koreans that sailed across the Sea to inhabit The Japanese Islands and mainland. Or some say that's the case. It's another debate.

I also noticed within the video how the North Koreans deplicted American soldiers dying while an American Jew was sitting under them collecting money (dollar $ signs). They showed this a few times. I found that propaganda interesting. Considering that Kim Jong iL, Kim Jong Un's now deceased Father, was born in Bolshevik Russia!

It's something to consider. I have always thought that Red China controlled North Korea as a Puppet state, but after finding out that Kim Jong iL was born in Russia, I now realize that KiM Jong Un has two puppet masters controlling his strings which makes everything concerning this international crisis twice as dangerous my ATS friends. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Great documentary. As for Dresnok.. He has been over there far too long to turn around and bad mouth the DPRK. If he truly believes life there is better for him and his family then fine.

Was he being truthful... not 100% to be sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join