It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WhY AtS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hello ats.

I understand ATS has experienced some difficulties recently but do you really think North Korea or China or some other country is wasting time messing with ATS?

Give me a break.

"They" are trying to hack serious stuff not some conspiracy website.

Members of ATS don't need to watch your back because nobody cares. We chat, we debate, but we are innocent. (i hope).

It's fun to talk and debate but does any member on this site have much influence? No.

Is Obama or Junior Korean leader, (whatever the hell his name is), making important decisions based on ATS user input? (i hope not!)

All I'm saying is take it easy everything is going to work out.

Plan your summer vacation and enjoy.

Peace.
Out.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You must be new here.

You do realize that the entire BP oil spill was covered here for hours before the MSM even touched it.

And when they did,
It was no more than what we already found out.

Many news stories since 2009
have started here.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Forgive me but, you have seen Men In Black?

Well the same goes here my friend.

MSM is a pile of steaming bull.

This and only this is where you get the real news.

Read between the lines......and you will see the answer.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

All of two weeks and already so secure in his/her position on ATS that he/she feels it necessary to give us advice!

Maybe ATS isn't being "hacked" by North Korea or China or whoever, but you can be sure that ATS is being watched 24/7! This site has probably broken more stories than some of the MSM agencies!

Never underestimate the power of ATS Billy565!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Okay.

Not saying ats isn't important.
I'm just saying I don't think it's a huge target for international cyber attacks.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
Hello ats.

I understand ATS has experienced some difficulties recently but do you really think North Korea or China or some other country is wasting time messing with ATS?

Give me a break.

"They" are trying to hack serious stuff not some conspiracy website.

Members of ATS don't need to watch your back because nobody cares. We chat, we debate, but we are innocent. (i hope).

It's fun to talk and debate but does any member on this site have much influence? No.

Is Obama or Junior Korean leader, (whatever the hell his name is), making important decisions based on ATS user input? (i hope not!)

All I'm saying is take it easy everything is going to work out.

Plan your summer vacation and enjoy.

Peace.
Out.

I'd have to agree...

China and North Korea have a little bigger fish to fry than ATS. They would certainly do it to their own websites, but yeah... They shut down their internet(china) and monitor social websites for a reason(everywhere).

I wouldn't underestimate the influence that this website has, I'm just saying... It's conversation, it's enlightenment in many aspects, especially when the topics are science, technology, history and such.

For example:

I've learned a lot in regards to religion, philosophy, and spirituality from ATS. Which has changed me as a person. It actually got me interested in those topics just based on the conspiracy with in them, which has lead me to reading texts by all sorts of philosophers and historians.

Thanks ATS lol.

As to the innocent comment... you may be innocent, I may be innocent, but I PROMISE YOU, someone on ATS is guilty. The simple implied statistics in regards to the types this site may attract pretty much guarantees that someone guilty is an ATS member. Cmon, it's called motive! deduct that reasoning!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Forgive me but, you have seen Men In Black?

Well the same goes here my friend.

MSM is a pile of steaming bull.

This and only this is where you get the real news.

Read between the lines......and you will see the answer.

I thought I was the only one drinking.

I've been around the block a few times. (read my above post please.)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

The story breaks here first (on many occasions).

Then circulated and screwed on MSM.

Then the cats out the bag.

We're not all children on here sonny boy, some of us are people you don't really want to know.

There are people on here that will fry your mind with the info they drag up........you will search then search then search Google some more and never find it.........then POW!!! 2 WEEKS LATER THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'm making people angry and i don't even want 2.

Sorry guys......at least we're talking.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Hey dude, I'm not angry! I'm cool!

Just a warning though, there are people on here that live breath and eat ATS. I love these guys as, as crazy as they are they live to deny ignorance. I love that.

Sure, umpteen % of the stuff on here is a poke at this a poke at that mixed with a bit of truth or conspiracy, but now and again the serious stuff makes an appearance and things start to happen on here like this weeks DDOS stuff??

Strange???

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I know for a fact. ATS is monitored by the MSM for breaking news,. On at least 4 breaking stories here, I've phoned the editor desks of FOX Cable News, and talked with a desk jockey reporter following it on ATS. I even pointed them in the direction of various links on stories, and forwarded pics to them.

If you stick around long enough. You'll even have the pleasure of watching a *late* breaking story on MSM, and hear direct quotes from threads here, and using pics only available on ATS.

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

You're right.

I had a problem trying to log in tonight....hmmm.

This site is awsome and i didn't mean to offend any of the members, if i did then get over it.
Just saying i think the 'big boys' have bigger fish to fry.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I love u Destiny I'm a fan........

(any cookies?)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I love u Destiny I'm a fan........

(any cookies?)

Here ya go Sweet Pea...I always have Cookies.....

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Thanks sweetie i needed that. (milk?)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Thanks sweetie i needed that. (milk?)

Milk away......all you want.....

This is Gracie, one of my pygmy mini-goats.Goat milk is good.

Des

edit on 9-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

WTH?

I'm good ..........cookies without milk 4 me.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I can understand what you're getting at, OP, but listen to Des. Ats is IMHO kind of special when it comes to "just another conspiracy website"... the fact that it isn't. Our "pics or it didn't happen" attitude in denying ignorance gives ATS a little more credence. Sometimes people come on here and say what they want... and our wonderful Mods make sure those threads are filed appropriately.

NK or another country DDOS-ing ATS, perhaps...
but I'm more like to think it's some jaded script kitties with nothing better to do.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I've read and enjoyed many of your post , and I like they way you handled this thread.

" A gallant retreat is better than a bad stand"

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

The story breaks here first (on many occasions).

Sorry I disagree.

Yes there are some times when a ATS member might stumble across some kind of story that permeates into the MSN but its very rare.

For the most part ATS is a site where members link to other sources and discuss, so we might post a link about North Korea and EMP’s and then all have a discussion about it, but rarely to we truly “break the news”.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join