It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK EMP Weapon- More Info

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
aha..

look at this thread

N. Korean satellite orbits over U.S.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
it would be nice i think to know the satellite's whereabout on the 10th April...or..tomorrow

This site, www.n2yo.com, figures out your location based on your IP address. It then shows satillite passes that are above your location. The satellite has an orbital period of 95 minutes, meaning it makes a complete circle around the earth in that time. The satellite goes over the whole US at different days and times.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI
Magister

You posted something along these lines a few days ago, and linked to a site, and the thread was deleted, not just moved to the trash bin,or grey area, but killed.

That struck me as a bit strange, BUT, the site you linked to has some extreme little morsels on it, and that is probably why the thread was killed. Just my guess. This is a privately owned site, we must respect the owners right to delete what they see fit.

You obviously feel strongly enough about this subject to have come back, re posted, re worded a bit, and linking now to a different source. bravo to you.

If this thread gets killed, I may believe it is the message you are bringing,not the linkage.

Maybe this all is just to much to consider? makes us freak out and turn inwards, or lash outwards.

I don't know if I believe it yet, but it is a situation where it could be the END of us as a power, people, nation.

What better way really to thin us all out. leaves most of the buildings standing as well, no glass desert, not fumes or radiation sickness. Just hunger, in fighting, a huge reduction in our numbers.

This looks to be our enemies best option. And depending on what side of the street you travel, maybe our own leaders best option for us.

Thanks for coming back, I don't know where this will go to be honest.

Thanks Infidel !

In my other thread I had a link to a site that was linked to another posting site, which I had missed. SuperMod deleted my thread for that reason. Thanks SuperMod for clarifying what I did wrong!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
EVERY single site or story talking about NK having this EMP weapon ALL leads back to Dr. Pry, who is trying to sell his book folks. Don't get suckered.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
EVERY single site or story talking about NK having this EMP weapon ALL leads back to Dr. Pry, who is trying to sell his book folks. Don't get suckered.

Gazrok, your right of course, and I do not want to get suckered, but I don't want to be surprised either.

All those meetings with congress, and the USSR saying their bits, and how some of the pieces are fitting into the puzzle. At the end of the day, I am not sure the book has much to do about the info presented.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
"According to Dr. Pry, “In fact, almost certainly, North Korea now possesses a highly advanced third generation nuclear warhead that could destroy the United States with a single blow.”

Please explain that for me.

So NK has a weapon that could destroy all 50 states, all it's people and all it's infrastructure in a single blow.
Seems legit.

edit on 9-4-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Nope, can't explain it...you'll have to buy Dr. Pry's book, now that you've been scared.

www.amazon.com...
edit on 9-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by opethPA

Nope, can't explain it...you'll have to buy Dr. Pry's book, now that you've been scared.

www.amazon.com...

Yep because that book is fundamentally about saving your/my/everyone's life....

It has a very Mayan Apocalypse feel to it. Fake doom so you will buy books and special survival gear.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Let me try and explain it to you.

See the guys in your Avatar?

I bet they can really jump around on stage squealing like bled pigs, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Can they build a fire from nothing?
Can they garner food supplies from nature?
Can they purify water after its been contaminated?
Can they keep themselves out of the elements long enough to survive the first winter?
Can they organize and stay ahead of the gangs, the freaks, the hungry, the needy.

I have seen some of the shows, where kids are out camping with all amenities and help from leaders, and it is STILL a train wreck.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm ready as I'll ever will be for a power outage. Wait, maybe I need to put my chainsaws in metal boxes. Oh, can't forget to put a tin foil hat on my generators or to ground out the shells of my vehicles. Maybe I should put the extra electronic parts I have in metal boxes too.
maybe We should wait just a bit on this EMP thing, how about in say, maybe thirty years

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Lets take just one item and examine what would happen if it was subjected to a EMP.

Late model Diesel pickup.

Firstly, your ECM would fry,be rendered useless and a reflash wont get it back.
Move down to the TCM module, poof gone, no gears, these are standalone units, again reflash wont help.

The electronic valve bodies in the HD trans, gone. no gears even if the TCM (Trans control module) worked.

Thats just the star of the problem.

because of the electrical short now,all in line fuse links would go.

ELD in that fancy 4x4? (electronic locking diff) , gone, poof.

Lets move onto your dashboard shall we?

Every gauge on my modern diesel is hooked into my ECM (engine control module) from boost,to water temp, to pyro, to fuel gauge.

As soon as one of these items fails, the truck immediately goes into limp mode to protect the 20k engine.

Fuel pump? sure, operating at 33,000 PSI and electronically controlled Bosch. No pumping no more.

WIF event module? (water in fuel) sure, when it pops it will think its got water in the bowl and cut fuel to the pump.

I could go on and on for many more lines here, but I think you see that if we get EMP blast, we are in huge trouble, and a reflash on our ECM at Ford wont be doing much for the problem.

AIT? gone.
EGR valving solenoids? gone.
Boost high, boost low sensors? gone.
Low coolant sensor? gone.
Pumps and relays for Urea? gone.
Electro gates for trans fluid, ps fluid, gone.

So if you think that throwing a new ECM at a fried truck will somehow remedy the situation, please sell ALL your Mac and Snap-On ASAP.

That upset me so much thinking about that sort of damage to my baby, I need to see a joke, a prank, a release.

edit on 9-4-2013 by lnfideI because: ~~~~ __/) ~~~~~~

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I'm ready as I'll ever will be for a power outage. Wait, maybe I need to put my chainsaws in metal boxes. Oh, can't forget to put a tin foil hat on my generators or to ground out the shells of my vehicles. Maybe I should put the extra electronic parts I have in metal boxes too.
maybe We should wait just a bit on this EMP thing, how about in say, maybe thirty years

Lets start a Faraday Cage company..

We'll be rich!!!

I actually do stockpile thousands of different vacuum tubes and capacitors, resistors,etc... JIC

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
nm

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
As a former contractor with Dell who licenses most military computers and IBM, I can attest for the "EMP" hardness of the US military. The simple fact is that in mobile devices and high value infrastructure for the military - all that stuff is considered EMP proof though it has never been fully tested in the "range" so to speak.

In terms of at home mobility, desk work facilities, all the various depots around the US - none of them are fortified to withstand and run in the event of an EMP. Everything I have seen in these small time facilities are all run on your basic run of the mill electronics with a few EMP proof laptops here and there for emergencies. There is very little in the caliber of what would be necessary to keep the ENTIRE military up and running on full alert and full communications in the event of an EMP strike on the United States mainland.

With that said, the military would definitely be the most prepared in the event compared to the general populace. However, I fear that in the event of such a thing happening - North Korea would be the least of the worries. I feel that with the volatile nature of the economy and the people of the United States right now, should an event occur, the military would be left to deal with riots and looting all across the United States.

One must consider the most terrifying aspect of an EMP should it ever happen across the United States and that is the initial 10 minutes after impact and the thousands of airliners that are flying over our heads at any given time. There is next to nothing that would stop the chaos and tragedy that would ensue from that aspect.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes I do , Pakistan and DPRK as well as China have been in the war head, missile partner ship for some time, starting in late 70's early 80's Iran has been in the mix from the 80's 90's it is hard trying to remember the dates, but EMP is the golden sward or as DPRK says it
"Treasured sward" EMP or Nuke? i would say EMP , they do not have the tech to send up and deliver a 1mt or bigger Nuke. 150kt nuke is the max they could send up , now ask your self which has the most coverage an EMP or a 150kt bomb?

a EMP blast over the US would do more harm than a 150kt nuke Now why do I make such a bold statement well for one i tend to do research as for it is better to cripple a nation that to nuke it and because some other nations have realized this , you can not nuke your neighbor with out nuking your self and fro another there are papers the prove this here is one www.aerospaceindia.org... from the link

27\10
31 May 2010
EMP: THE NEXT WEAPON OF ELECTRONIC MASS DESTRUCTION
ARE WE PREPARED?
Aditi Malhotra
Research Assistant, Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS), New Delhi
here is the main concern, from the link

EMP attacks are not necessarily nuclear-
oriented. Even though a nuclear high
altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) is
created by nuclear means, there are non-
nuclear weapons that can generate a
similar pulse. Specifically, they are high
power microwave (HPM) or
electromagnetic bomb (E-bomb), coaxial
flux compression generator (FCG) and the
virtual cathode oscillator (Vircator). An
EMP generated by nuclear weapons is the
most lethal and effective. Presently, USA,
UK, France, China, India, Israel and Pakistan have the capability
to generate HEMP

there are others that point to Pakistan, China ,Iran, DPRK, Syria, all working on or having the EMP war head or technology.
A mid rang missile over Japan or Guam would be of concern.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
it would be nice i think to know the satellite's whereabout on the 10th April...or..tomorrow

You can follow the current locaction here.

www.n2yo.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

Yeah....But I would have to rebuy a lot of things in my house and garage that would burn out. Insurance doesn't cover an act of war. I can't afford to buy everything new or repair everything I own. It would stimulate China's economy though with everyone buying new things. Too bad that it will have a negative effect on this country as even more money is exported.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join